Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Technical chart analysis  (Read 757 times)
techarts (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:22:42 PM

I would like to announce my plans to bring a new technical charting site to the bitcoin user community. These indicators would include various types of moving averages, Bollinger Bands, MACD, RSI, ROC, etc. I am wanting to offer at least a couple dozen different indicators for users to choose from. It would also be possible to create some unique unknown as of now custom indicators.

These charts would be similar to the bitcoincharts service already available. It would be possible to customize these charts much more so than is currently offered by the current bitcoincharts service.

I would like to make the level of chart customizations available similar to that of professional charting applications. The users would be able to select the exact indicator settings they want to use. For example the number of moving average periods (5, 10, 20, etc.), type of moving average (SMA, EMA, ZLEMA, etc.), standard deviations (2, 5, 10, etc.) and decay ratio (.3, .5, 1, etc.) as well as other settings applicable to the indicator in use.

Also possible is to select the various colors used in the chart. This would be done by selecting a color theme to be used. A deeper level of customization than already described here could also be made available. The settings should all have sane preset default values, while being highly customizable to the user’s desire.

It would also be possible to save the downloaded charts as an image, SVG or PDF file to print out or for later review and analysis.

All time periods shown on the charts would be able to be translated to a user selectable time zone setting. This is a really nice convenience feature that would prevent the user from having to constantly convert the displayed times into their local time. The default time zone setting would be UTC.

The 1 hour chart below shows the Bitcoin price on the BTC-e exchange for the last 15 days. This is shown in an NXT color theme that I have created (I am sure others could create a better color themes than this). The displayed indicators are an exponential VWAP as a blue line on the price chart and a MACD below it. In the default UTC time zone.

http://i58.tinypic.com/16k4029.png

The chart below shows the Bitcoin price on the BTC-e exchange using the 1 hour time period for the last 7 days. The chart is using the same NXT color theme as the previous. This chart is using the Bollinger Bands on the price chart with the volume shown below.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2hx86ti.png

These visualizations would be well suited for thin clients such as smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices, providing a nice light and snappy user experience on the mobile device. The original size of the PNG image files of the charts were about 60k-70k. Of course this would also usable in traditional desktop and laptop environments. The user would access the service over the internet using a common web browser. This is being architected for modularity and to be highly scalable as demand for the service increases.

I would like to talk to anyone interested in investing in this idea or wants to form a partnership using these charts in a different way.

Bitcoin address for donations: 1LAquGT2HrDmq4V4mM7PmSS7mcZrbnDmhE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: