Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:51:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: “What are we going to do for the people who are here who are starving already?”  (Read 1369 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

Murrieta Immigration Rally black americans debating July 4th

“If somebody brought six children to your house and you ain’t got no job, are you going to take them in?… Are you going to try to find out where they came from? Are you going to try to send them back?… What are we going to do for the people who are here who are starving already?… Why would we add to the problem?”

“It’s just too much. We already got starvation, kids walking without with no shoes. We are already taking that on in America. We don’t need other people’s kids to bring more problems.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The O's cheerleaders and members of "La raza" will call them uncle tom in 3... 2...  Grin

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:57:43 PM

I find this to be such a bizarre topic/video.  The thing that gets me is the border issue has only gotten worse.  What ever happened to the fence/border.  The whole thing it one big epic fail.  Shocked
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:32:58 PM

I find this to be such a bizarre topic/video.  The thing that gets me is the border issue has only gotten worse.  What ever happened to the fence/border.  The whole thing it one big epic fail.  Shocked

It was never meant to work, but to fail by design. As far as bizarre, I find this image disturbing:

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:16:58 PM

My guess is the O's admin is trying to make this situation what it is by advertising down in these certain countries then Americans will be pissed off as you're now seeing and they can rush through a compromise and hopefully look good while doing it. Could be their only shot at not getting their asses handed to them in the midterms. Likely will backfire tho cause black folk are getting riled up.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

the border thing was probably all about giving government contractors to their friends, particularly the republicans. at least in this case, they are just using government dollars to hook their business associates up.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:21:26 AM

The African American minority might be waking up to the fact that it will be pushed further down the rung of political underdog.  In the 60's they were #1, followed by women.  Now they have to get behind disabled, LGBT, veterans, endangered species, etc.  Perhaps they will realize that just because the man in the office has the same skin color as you he may not be doing you a favor.

I loved the confused, almost crying look of the guy in the red shirt who said "I'm going to do everything I can".  I wonder how many hours of XBox or PS4 he's put in this year  Roll Eyes
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:50:49 AM

the border thing was probably all about giving government contractors to their friends, particularly the republicans. at least in this case, they are just using government dollars to hook their business associates up.

Fundamental issue is there. There will be people trying to take advantage of any situation.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:40:54 AM

Fundamental issue is there. There will be people trying to take advantage of any situation.

Of course, Mexicans take jobs from American blacks.  This results in increased dependency on social services systems, eg Big Gov, for the Blacks, which Democrats like.

It's relatively easy to "fix the border problem", since it's a false problem created and sustained politically.  This is done with false arguments and false solutions.

Require work permits, stop giving citizenship to any newborns, make the work permit cheap but have it include a background check.  Toss out the criminal element.  Legalize marihuana in the border states, cutting the drug gangs income stream.  Determine a somewhat fair set of rules on what social and welfare benefits those with work permits have.  Does not have to be totally fair, if that can even be defined.

At that point, it would seem the number trying to go through the desert would be nominal, they'd all go through the border city crossings.  

The false arguments are that they should be given citizenship, that employers want their cheap labor, and so forth.  The real goal is to pad Democratic voter ranks and therefore win elections.  On the Republican side, the goal is to "look Tough on Illegals" to part of their voter base.

To "Fix" this problem, one must look at supply and demand, and influence those factors.  I suspect that Rand Paul could get a proposal out that would fix these problems.  But I am not certain of that.
zee11224

Activity: 282

Authentic Individual

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:45:26 AM

Give them free education,free food, free house, free medicines then give them jobs. If will they not work transfer them to force labor camps.
Leina

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:50:01 AM

Give them free education,free food, free house, free medicines then give them jobs. If will they not work transfer them to force labor camps.

Didn't we already do that? Except deport people back after they get their education.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:49:24 PM

Two years ago you may recall the Obama administration enacted the deferred deportation program. It was intended for the undocumented young people that where already here,#1 brought here when hey where children. #2 under the age 30. #3 enrolled in school. This is the program they are responding to because it only lasts 2 years.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

This video made me sad.  So much hatred and racism on display.  I think the largest error in thinking is that immigration is a zero sum game, in that either Americans or immigrants benefit, but not both.  There are already millions of undocumented workers in the country, and America is a better place for it.  They are Americans, as every bit as my European grandparents, just trying to make a better life for themselves.  If you were in their shoes you'd come here too.  And I wouldn't blame you. 

madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:17:21 PM

This video made me sad.  So much hatred and racism on display.  I think the largest error in thinking is that immigration is a zero sum game, in that either Americans or immigrants benefit, but not both.  There are already millions of undocumented workers in the country, and America is a better place for it.  They are Americans, as every bit as my European grandparents, just trying to make a better life for themselves.  If you were in their shoes you'd come here too.  And I wouldn't blame you. 

Why not trying to make a better life in their own country?

If their own country is that corrupt, it is their duty to vote out and fight the current regime rather than pack their bag and move to country that has already make that sacrifice.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:48:07 PM

This video made me sad.....
Well, hopefully you can formulate a better argument for your feelings than quoting as authoritative the Southern Poverty Law Center, because that dog ain't gonna hunt.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:13:51 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 11:26:42 PM by Wilikon

This video made me sad.  So much hatred and racism on display.  I think the largest error in thinking is that immigration is a zero sum game, in that either Americans or immigrants benefit, but not both.  There are already millions of undocumented workers in the country, and America is a better place for it.  They are Americans, as every bit as my European grandparents, just trying to make a better life for themselves.  If you were in their shoes you'd come here too.  And I wouldn't blame you.

Told you someone would call those folks racists. Took only 12 posts...

beetcoin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:24:12 PM

If their own country is that corrupt, it is their duty to vote out and fight the current regime rather than pack their bag and move to country that has already make that sacrifice.

you a fan of ayn rand? it's easy to say that they are lazy and should fix their own country, but what can one uneducated person do?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:29:59 PM

you a fan of ayn rand? it's easy to say that they are lazy and should fix their own country, but what can one uneducated person do?

Educate oneself and stop voting for the same vultures... Nothing to do with ayn rand. Plenty to do with the French revolution, Bolshevik revolution, the American revolution, the Cuban revolution etc, etc...

Instead of becoming a subhuman on the social ladder of another country...

beetcoin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:32:15 PM

This video made me sad.  So much hatred and racism on display.  I think the largest error in thinking is that immigration is a zero sum game, in that either Americans or immigrants benefit, but not both.  There are already millions of undocumented workers in the country, and America is a better place for it.  They are Americans, as every bit as my European grandparents, just trying to make a better life for themselves.  If you were in their shoes you'd come here too.  And I wouldn't blame you.

Educate oneself and stop voting for the same vultures... Nothing to do with ayn rand. Plenty to do with the French revolution, Bolshevik revolution, the American revolution, the Cuban revolution etc, etc...

it's got plenty to do with ayn rand. it's basically the mentality of "fuck you, i'm worried about myself only."

again, if you did do that.. how would that even fix anything? especially if there's voter intimidation? hell, even in america your vote doesn't really count for all that much.. the same officials are elected every year. realistically, they are fucked if you expect them to stay put. i'm pretty sure most americans, if put in an immigrants position, would do the same thing. everybody does what they think is best for themselves.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:20:20 AM

it's got plenty to do with ayn rand. it's basically the mentality of "fuck you, i'm worried about myself only."

again, if you did do that.. how would that even fix anything? especially if there's voter intimidation? hell, even in america your vote doesn't really count for all that much.. the same officials are elected every year. realistically, they are fucked if you expect them to stay put. i'm pretty sure most americans, if put in an immigrants position, would do the same thing. everybody does what they think is best for themselves.

So when you send your 12 yo across the desert to be probably rapped and use as a sex slave, if she is still strong enough to reach the american borders, that tells the story of how unselfish her parents are, for being after free US social care?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:32:09 AM

I have the definite idea here you know nothing about ayn rand.

In other words, you have good intentions, but have used an incorrect example?  An interesting question though is whether the illegal immigrants have the attitude....

"fuck you, i'm worried about myself only."

....or whether they may have the actual attitudes as suggested by Rand.

Because the illegals are those taking action, while we in the US are influenced by what they do and where.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: