Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup Teams That Forbade Players From Having Sex...  (Read 1080 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:33:05 AM

Didn't Make It Past Round of 16, Study Shows
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – Sex may play a bigger part in success than you’d think.
The Moscow Times reports that a new study published in “Quartz,” has found a link between sex and success at the World Cup.

The study says that all of World Cup teams that imposed a ban on sex failed to advance past the Round of 16 in the knockout stage of the event.

Russia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, both of which banned sex during the World Cup, each fell short and were eliminated in the group stage of the competition. Mexico and Chile also banned sex for their players, and both teams were eliminated in the Round of 16. Mexico lost to the Netherlands while Chile fell to host Brazil.

Meanwhile, teams such as Brazil, Costa Rica, France, and the Netherlands that have not banned sex or have only placed minor restrictions on sex each advanced to at least the quarterfinals.
More...http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/07/06/study-world-cup-teams-that-forbade-players-from-having-sex-didnt-make-it-to-elimination-round/
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:32:52 AM

Nothing like strengthening team bonds by having sex with your teammates.

The Spartans did this too and they were one of the most successful armies ever.

(I kid, I kid  Cheesy)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:38:08 AM

a sample size of 5 countries out of 32.. and the suggestion is that not having sex has some correlation to winning?
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:40:41 AM

Would be interesting to know what those "minor restrictions" could be. It's the first time I hear that a soccer team puts rules for what it's playiers should do with their sex life though. lol how are they even able to check?  Roll Eyes

robbyd86

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:19:15 AM

if they're not having sex then they're probably more tense and going to play worse. 
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:16:51 AM

if they're not having sex then they're probably more tense and going to play worse.  

I can tell you if I ever got told I couldn't masturbate or have sex for that long I would end up like this.

peeveepee

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:01:06 PM

Correlation doesn't equate causation.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:16:35 PM

Russia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, both of which banned sex during the World Cup, each fell short and were eliminated in the group stage of the competition. Mexico and Chile also banned sex for their players, and both teams were eliminated in the Round of 16. Mexico lost to the Netherlands while Chile fell to host Brazil.

Meanwhile, teams such as Brazil, Costa Rica, France, and the Netherlands that have not banned sex or have only placed minor restrictions on sex each advanced to at least the quarterfinals.

Russia and bosnia aren't that great anyway.  Mexico and chile played well and were both unlucky not to progress further.

Brazil, france and holland are already decent teams.  We cant learn anything from this information.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:47:39 PM

Russia and bosnia aren't that great anyway.  Mexico and chile played well and were both unlucky not to progress further.

Brazil, france and holland are already decent teams.  We cant learn anything from this information.
It was a bit sensational but I think there is some logic behind teams not wanting their guys to engage in behavior that would drain their testosterone count. Reminds me of a body builder: When they're in cutting mode w/ a set diet they aren't supposed to have sex w/i 3 months of a competition to make sure their T-count (natural and otherwise) stays sky high.
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:56:33 PM

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics

This study belong the the 3rd category.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: