Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:43:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warring this post is fucking OUT THERE  (Read 1343 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 09:55:08 PM

is our society changing from materialistic, to informationalistic?

the past generation was manipulated into thinking they were rich and could afford to take out loans to go on a trip Or have a huge wedding.

needless to say, they will be paying minimum due for the rest of their lives.

the next generation, is not so gullible, with the internet maturing, new tools Connecting everyone from all parts of the world, this is allowing for the awakening of a collective perception, in which information is constantly being better organized.

We are the next Gen, having grown up with limitless knowledge at our finger tips, we are starting to see that we are all in the same boat, and OH SHIT the ship is split in two, and some fucker is telling us to "Stay calm everything is just fine"... we dont buy this BS anymore, and we will not stand by as government go to war for profit.

We will use what binds us together, to allow us to fight the good fight, the fight for free and accurate information

We will not live in fear.

Organization of information is are weapon, miss-information is our enemy.

GO BITCOINS! the best way known to man to Organize the distribution of wealth.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 10:02:11 PM

the past generation was manipulated into thinking they were rich and could afford to take out loans to go on a trip Or have a huge wedding.

the next generation, is not so gullible, with the internet maturing, new tools Connecting everyone from all parts of the world, this is allowing for the awakening of a collective perception, in which information is constantly being better organized.

We are the next Gen, having grown up with limitless knowledge at our finger tips, we are starting to see that we are all in the same boat, and OH SHIT the ship is split in two, and some fucker is telling us to "Stay calm everything is just fine"... we dont buy this BS anymore, and we will not stand by as government go to war for profit.

We will use what binds us together, to allow us to fight the good fight, the fight for free and accurate information

Sure. With people like ArtForz having 60k BTC mining them on a 4870 for likely less than $100 and with noobs that bought them at $30.

Can't possibly think of a fairer way of distributing money, really Roll Eyes
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 10:15:37 PM

Sure. With people like ArtForz having 60k BTC mining them on a 4870 for likely less than $100 and with noobs that bought them at $30.

why didn't you do the same thing as ArtForz ?

the unfairness of early adopters is perfectly fair...

can you really think of a better way to organize distribution of wealth?

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 10:19:22 PM

why didn't you do the same thing as ArtForz ?

the unfairness of early adopters is perfectly fair...

can you really think of a better way to organize distribution of wealth?

No, he just likes to bitch about how unfair life is.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 10:33:08 PM

the next generation, is not so gullible

i think they're just as gullible, it's just that the questions have changed.

which information is constantly being better organized.

i also think that the rate that information is becoming more organised is proportional to the amount of information we're overloaded with... cancelling one another out somewhat.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 12:53:26 AM

Money won't mean much after the second and third generation Technological singularity due to start in 2030 anyway - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity - We'll all either be eliminated by Terminator type machines or kept as pets by our God like genius intelligent A.I master.

amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 12:57:52 AM

Business marketing is slowly coming around to realizing the paradigm shift in consumer awareness.  "Edu-marketing" is the new buzz word, and aims to cooperate with customers to help inform them why they want a product.

While this is quite off topic from the OP it did get me thinking about how perhaps if this trend continues it will assist in getting bitcoin mainstream as more and more people are willing to learn and do more research before making final decisions on how to spend (or store?) their money.

Short primer: http://ezinearticles.com/?So,-What-Is-This-Thing-Called-Edumarketing?&id=953101

I think the technical aspects of bitcoin are still a huge barrier to adoption, however I suppose the hope is as more and more people become comfortable with learning and adapting to new technologies this will become less of an issue.

Anyway I agree with you adams, with luck the trend continues as we have a long road ahead of us whether speaking of bitcoin adoption or the greater awareness of the populace in general.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 01:14:04 AM

This is the Off-topic board so -

In 1951 Alan Turing spoke of machines outstripping humans intellectually - "once the machine thinking method has started, it would not take long to outstrip our feeble powers. ... At some stage therefore we should have to expect the machines to take control, in the way that is mentioned in Samuel Butler's 'Erewhon'."

Yeah in 1951 and you Yanks think you invented the computer.  Ever heard of the 'Turing Test' no because they give it a different name at MIT and places!

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 01:25:14 AM

This is the Off-topic board so -

In 1951 Alan Turing spoke of machines outstripping humans intellectually - "once the machine thinking method has started, it would not take long to outstrip our feeble powers. ... At some stage therefore we should have to expect the machines to take control, in the way that is mentioned in Samuel Butler's 'Erewhon'."

Yeah in 1951 and you Yanks think you invented the computer.  Ever heard of the 'Turing Test' no because they give it a different name at MIT and places!

To continue my drunken rant [well it is in the off-topic board].  Turing got his idea for the worlds first computer (powered by thermionic valve's [vacuum tubes in the states] as transistors had not been invented) from a Polish mathematician work in the 1930's.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 01:40:53 AM

I'll like maths but chose a MEng in Electrical and Electronic engineering (tho quit before the third year) as a youth never got any further in maths than doing Fourier Transforms and Matrix manipulation.  Thinking of either going back to do Pure or Applied Maths maybe as got no family or career constraints  Huh

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 01:46:26 AM

I'll like maths but chose a MEng in Electrical and Electronic engineering (tho quit before the third year) as a youth never got any further in maths than doing Fourier Transforms and Matrix manipulation.  Thinking of either going back to do Pure or Applied Maths maybe as got no family or career constraints  Huh

Whish I'd have finished my degree now as was studying Verilog and VHDL could have maybe designed a sick ass ASIC/FPGA  Undecided

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 02:04:45 AM

I'll like maths but chose a MEng in Electrical and Electronic engineering (tho quit before the third year) as a youth never got any further in maths than doing Fourier Transforms and Matrix manipulation.  Thinking of either going back to do Pure or Applied Maths maybe as got no family or career constraints  Huh

Whish I'd have finished my degree now as was studying Verilog and VHDL could have maybe designed a sick ass ASIC/FPGA  Undecided

For all you 'grammer NAZIs' I'm going to leave that spelling mistake.  I may be dyslexic and all that but at least I can count.  Drunken rant "over and out" "beam me up Scotty"  Grin

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 03:05:54 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2012, 03:59:06 AM by adamstgBit

Business marketing is slowly coming around to realizing the paradigm shift in consumer awareness.  "Edu-marketing" is the new buzz word, and aims to cooperate with customers to help inform them why they want a product.

While this is quite off topic from the OP it did get me thinking about how perhaps if this trend continues it will assist in getting bitcoin mainstream as more and more people are willing to learn and do more research before making final decisions on how to spend (or store?) their money.

Short primer: http://ezinearticles.com/?So,-What-Is-This-Thing-Called-Edumarketing?&id=953101

I think the technical aspects of bitcoin are still a huge barrier to adoption, however I suppose the hope is as more and more people become comfortable with learning and adapting to new technologies this will become less of an issue.

Anyway I agree with you adams, with luck the trend continues as we have a long road ahead of us whether speaking of bitcoin adoption or the greater awareness of the populace in general.

+1

So, What Is This Thing Called Edumarketing?
We Live in a Society driven by information. Information provides the building blocks upon which knowledge is constructed. Today, knowledge is the real currency of business-the stimulus that drives our economy and thus our livelihoods.

Two of the most revered thinkers of the past 100 years, Peter Drucker and Philip Kotler, were clear in their characterization of the contemporary business environment. That is, we now live in a knowledge society.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/953101

good read

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 03:22:57 AM

Yeah, REALLY fucking "out there" bro  Roll Eyes
No offense intended, but I've been thinking along these exact lines since about 2001, almost (true story -- no exaggeration) lost my life in a couple bar fights that resulted from a discussion on this topic (random drunkard:  "YOU CALLIN' ME STUPID, YOU COLUMBINE MOTHERFUCKER???").  Also gone legally insane and institutionalized for awhile because people couldn't handle my "constant annoying ramblings" on this topic.  Granted, since 2001 I have stayed determined, learned from my experiences, increased my intelligence and continued the fight.  But dude -- guaranteed, these are NOT new ideas.

IMHO, it's not that these ideas are outlandish or anything it's just that the general intelligence level (especially among Americans) is severely lacking.

No worries though -- I am happier than EVER to have FINALLY found a strong community of like-minded individuals that are ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING THAT REALLY LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A FIGHTING CHANCE FOR REAL WORLDWIDE CHANGE.

Let's keep fighting the good fight and stand Together As One   Smiley

http://youtu.be/Tu4fMzmRu5w

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 03:57:43 AM

Yeah, REALLY fucking "out there" bro  Roll Eyes
No offense intended, but I've been thinking along these exact lines since about 2001, almost (true story -- no exaggeration) lost my life in a couple bar fights that resulted from a discussion on this topic (random drunkard:  "YOU CALLIN' ME STUPID, YOU COLUMBINE MOTHERFUCKER???").  Also gone legally insane and institutionalized for awhile because people couldn't handle my "constant annoying ramblings" on this topic.  Granted, since 2001 I have stayed determined, learned from my experiences, increased my intelligence and continued the fight.  But dude -- guaranteed, these are NOT new ideas.

IMHO, it's not that these ideas are outlandish or anything it's just that the general intelligence level (especially among Americans) is severely lacking.

No worries though -- I am happier than EVER to have FINALLY found a strong community of like-minded individuals that are ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING THAT REALLY LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A FIGHTING CHANCE FOR REAL WORLDWIDE CHANGE.

Let's keep fighting the good fight and stand Together As One   Smiley

http://youtu.be/Tu4fMzmRu5w

yes i had a feeling, what i was saying actually wasn't crazy

Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: