Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:07:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US ‘kidnaps’ Russian MP’s son to ‘exchange him for Snowden’  (Read 2074 times)
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:00:50 AM

US ‘kidnaps’ Russian MP’s son to ‘exchange him for Snowden’
http://rt.com/news/171188-russian-hacker-kidnapped-america/

The US “kidnapped” the son of a Russian MP, possibly to exchange him for Edward Snowden, the father charged. The man was indicted with computer-related crimes by a Washington DC court and snatched from the Maldives.

Roman Seleznyov was detained on Saturday at Male international airport as he was returning to Russia, the Russian foreign ministry said on Tuesday in a statement. He was forced by agents of the US Secret Service to board a private plane to Guam to be later arrested, a move which the ministry called “a de-facto kidnapping.”

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
zee11224

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

Authentic Individual

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:24:58 AM

Nothing new, agents do like this all the time.

But I don't it is kidnapping, it is more like arrest.
Leina

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:32:09 AM

How accurate is the news? You have another source?
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:54:35 AM

http://www.rferl.org/content/us-homeland-security-hacking-seleznyov-russia-arrest/25449250.html

On the other hand:
http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=519051

So no, presumably it's just information wars, until further notice.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:45:14 PM

This is the sort of thing you'd expect to read in a fictional book such as 1984 but America has really become a real life police state,
The govt spies on it's people, strips away the constitution, up arms their police to deal with rebellions, shoots their own citizens...

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:15:29 PM

The U.S. did this for obvious political reasons. If Russia were to kidnap a U.S. citizen, the US wouldn't care much. They have a decorated US marine, Andrew Tahmooressi rotting in a Mexican prison on BS charges. The state dept. or Obama Admin isn't doing a thing about that. Whilst they let 50,000+ anchor babies through it's borders with utmost care and concern. Shows just how much the US of BSA cares about it's own. It's citizens and veterans are disposable as is evident also with the VA scandal

chowderman

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:48:00 PM

It is interesting if this is true, its about time something is done to acquire that little piece of trash Snowden. I doubt the exchange is even needed to apprehend him, but a prisoner exchange makes saving face easier when you can swap criminals. So then when Russian PO's pick him, they won't be nice about it and tool up Snowden pretty good before shipping him to the USA for his trial, so the little bastard can rot in prison forever, with other traitors like Tranny Manning...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 01:49:30 PM

The U.S. did this for obvious political reasons. If Russia were to kidnap a U.S. citizen, the US wouldn't care much. They have a decorated US marine, Andrew Tahmooressi rotting in a Mexican prison on BS charges. The state dept. or Obama Admin isn't doing a thing about that. Whilst they let 50,000+ anchor babies through it's borders with utmost care and concern. Shows just how much the US of BSA cares about it's own. It's citizens and veterans are disposable as is evident also with the VA scandal

If you think that's bad the UK government over here freely extradite UK citizens to the U.S knowing precisely the kind of treatment they'll get, if I knew that the U.S wanted me extradited I'd flee to China or Russia as well since they seem to be the only truly sovereign countries around anymore that stand up to them.
peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:58:52 PM

Most likely Andrew is trying to smuggle weapon across border and get caught.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:02:18 PM

It is interesting if this is true, its about time something is done to acquire that little piece of trash Snowden. I doubt the exchange is even needed to apprehend him, but a prisoner exchange makes saving face easier when you can swap criminals. So then when Russian PO's pick him, they won't be nice about it and tool up Snowden pretty good before shipping him to the USA for his trial, so the little bastard can rot in prison forever, with other traitors like Tranny Manning...
Hey Chowder, the NSA called and they have that new tracking butt plug you had fitted ready for you. Wear it with pride!
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:46:20 AM

State department calls it not a kidnapping, but legal arrest, according to already ignominious Psaki:
http://www.regnum.ru/news/polit/1823363.html

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:26:31 AM

State department calls it not a kidnapping, but legal arrest, according to already ignominious Psaki:
http://www.regnum.ru/news/polit/1823363.html
Looks like it's time to find a couple of kilograms of heroin in the car owned by son of U.S. Ambassador.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:11:28 AM

This is the sort of thing you'd expect to read in a fictional book such as 1984 but America has really become a real life police state,
The govt spies on it's people, strips away the constitution, up arms their police to deal with rebellions, shoots their own citizens...

It wasn't too long ago that I was a staunch conservative republican that would have called you a conspiracy nut. It real bugs me that i can't disagree and maintain any sense of intellectual honesty. The 2008 bailouts completely changed the way I think about government. 

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 07:14:58 AM

It wasn't too long ago that I was a staunch conservative republican that would have called you a conspiracy nut. It real bugs me that i can't disagree and maintain any sense of intellectual honesty. The 2008 bailouts completely changed the way I think about government.  

Well done, you've just defeated propaganda and become a person that can think for themselves, it's sad but there are still people out their who actually blindly think that way, I don't hold anything against anyone who likes democracy and government, but what I can't stand are loyalists who just obey no matter how stupid the command is.

The reason you can't disagree is obviously because it's true, it's like with mathematics, you can't disagree with a recorded historical fact, well unless you're a moron Tongue
rocking1805

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:28:08 AM

According to Russian sources (I'm Russia) Seleznev is a criminal - he is not just a hacker, he is also a thief. He has stolen really a lot of secret data, so...
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 07:35:25 AM

According to Russian sources (I'm Russia) Seleznev is a criminal - he is not just a hacker, he is also a thief. He has stolen really a lot of secret data, so...

Then the US should have followed the international law, and not themselves behave like the criminals they are.

There is Interpol. They could have collected all the evidence, submitted it to Interpol with an arrest warrant. Like Russia did against the known terrorist Jarosh.

But the US measures everyone by their own stock, so if they themselves will not respond to international arrest orders, then they think that no one else will. Typical criminal mentality.

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:44:41 AM

Then the US should have followed the international law, and not themselves behave like the criminals they are.

There is Interpol. They could have collected all the evidence, submitted it to Interpol with an arrest warrant. Like Russia did against the known terrorist Jarosh.

But the US measures everyone by their own stock, so if they themselves will not respond to international arrest orders, then they think that no one else will. Typical criminal mentality.
The US gov hasn't got a good track record when it comes to international law; they kidnap, torture and kill people with impunity.
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:11:29 AM

The US gov hasn't got a good track record when it comes to international law; they kidnap, torture and kill people with impunity.

When it comes to law, it is only as good as the law enforcer.

Country/organization with no army should not even bother.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:12:21 AM

Nothing new, agents do like this all the time.

But I don't it is kidnapping, it is more like arrest.

And the difference is...?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:20:56 AM

http://www.rferl.org/content/us-homeland-security-hacking-seleznyov-russia-arrest/25449250.html

On the other hand:
http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=519051

So no, presumably it's just information wars, until further notice.
These sources are not what I would consider to be credible.

If something like this really had happened, or if there was a credible lead on something like this happening, it would likely be all of the MSM

This spot for rent.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: