Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:28:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychology of Capitalism  (Read 3538 times)
AntiFascist (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:05:15 PM

As people we are all attempting to fulfill a natural desire to have power.  Some are born with more of a natural ability than others such as intelligence.  A few are intelligent enough to be intrinsically powerful through their intelligence.  The same goes for many other skills.  

However, the majority of people are not intrinsically powerful due to an outstanding skill.  These people seek the consolation prize: money.  Money grubbers can be seen hoarding their only way of moving up the social ladder.  Now they can have a little more power over material than their fellow man.  This increase in power is very addicting to the money grubber.  His ears perk up at the thought of a chance to make more money.  His life is lived to fulfill the advancement of his power and he has found an outlet to do so through hoarding.  
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:06:22 PM

The Century of Self
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_YLy6yZeaw&list=PL_2ilKwDwStVAlY0-_SfLk8I2-raTBHJY
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:23:02 PM

I think every human being should watch this documentary at least once in their lives.

It sheds so much light about the "how, why, what" of the psychology/economics side of the modern world.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:28:11 PM

As people we are all attempting to fulfill a natural desire to have power.  Some are born with more of a natural ability than others such as intelligence.  A few are intelligent enough to be intrinsically powerful through their intelligence.  The same goes for many other skills.  

However, the majority of people are not intrinsically powerful due to an outstanding skill.  These people seek the consolation prize: money.  Money grubbers can be seen hoarding their only way of moving up the social ladder.  Now they can have a little more power over material than their fellow man.  This increase in power is very addicting to the money grubber.  His ears perk up at the thought of a chance to make more money.  His life is lived to fulfill the advancement of his power and he has found an outlet to do so through hoarding.  

I'm not 100% into captialism as an economic system.  But I'm not sure that you tied this into capitalism at all.  If the folks who are "intrinsically powerful through their intelligence" use their intelligence to gain money, are they less intelligent than you thought?  Is this a paradox in your system?
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:26:47 AM

Horseshit.

Typical "liberal" disinformation.

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:07:08 AM

Dutch, I often wonder how much responsibility they bare.

I was relentlessly indoctrinated with that crap in public schools.  It took me almost a decade to overcome it.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:23:03 AM

Dutch, I often wonder how much responsibility they bare.

I was relentlessly indoctrinated with that crap in public schools.  It took me almost a decade to overcome it.

Yeah, I have seen it as well, even in adults.

I know a lady my own age who considers anyone who critises Obama to be a "racist", in that, she subconsciously believes that because he is half-black that he can do no wrong and therefore anyone who opposes him does so because of his ethnic makeup.

Amazing but true.

It is time for change.

Corporations For Crypto
MisterDD

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:51:51 AM

When you talk about Capitalism, you are not talking about freedom.
I will tell you why. First of all, it is based on money.
When you depend on money, you have limitations.
Those limitations, can lead to death (and that is really sad), because many people do not have money, and even those who have money, they also know for limitations. You are always limited to do something big in this world, cause whatever you want to do, you can do just so much, how much you money have.
Freedom? I do not whink so.
Capitalism is just one more cage - but I like to call it: Masked faudalism.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:41:35 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 12:59:28 PM by tee-rex

When you talk about Capitalism, you are not talking about freedom.
I will tell you why. First of all, it is based on money.
Those limitations, can lead to death (and that is really sad), because many people do not have money, and even those who have money, they also know for limitations. You are always limited to do something big in this world, cause whatever you want to do, you can do just so much, how much you money have.
Freedom? I do not whink so.
Capitalism is just one more cage - but I like to call it: Masked faudalism.

There is no freedom the way you look at it, but there is always something (or rather many somethings) that you depend upon. As they say (actually Engels), Freiheit ist die Einsicht in die Notwendigkeit ("freedom is the recognition of necessity"). Wink
Charlie Prime

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:54:15 AM

This whole "money evil" meme is so retarded I can't believe it became popular.

I mean, how ignorant and uneducated does a person need to be in order to promote this?  Are public schools completely bereft of economics education today?  They don't even teach have the old Keynesian "guns n' butter" classes anymore?

Seriously. It's puzzling.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:54:59 AM

This whole "money evil" meme is so retarded I can't believe it became popular.

I mean, how ignorant and uneducated does a person need to be in order to promote this?  Are public schools completely bereft of economics education today?  They don't even teach have the old Keynesian "guns n' butter" classes anymore?

Seriously. It's puzzling.

Pretty much.

Corporations For Crypto
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 10:58:48 AM

Are public schools completely bereft of economics education today?

yes, they are

I don't  understand why we spend billions on paying the teachers for doing nothing

they are a huge burdain to tax payers

wouldn't it be simpler to print out extremy detailed books and the kids would only come to school for exams
where the country would pay controllers short-term for the exams..

you say they couldn't learn?

the society would develop the way there would be many video tutorials and explanations online
there is really no need to waste the hard earned money of the people..

I get increasingly pissed off when I hear about teachers in my country ( UK ) going on strike over pensions, particularly because of my own experience through education I think some teachers deserve to have their pay docked with the kind of bullshit they pull, the least governments can do is reward teachers who actually teach instead of people who are just their to collect their cheques every month and retire.

Granted, education in particular tends to get me angry because of my personal experiences, but that's life really, we tend to react more to things that we can relate to.
Charlie Prime

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:37:47 PM

If you are interested in learning the difference between schooling and education, visit:

http://schoolsucksproject.com/new-start-here/

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
tee-rex

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:44:19 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 12:59:41 PM by tee-rex

If you are interested in learning the difference between schooling and education, visit:

http://schoolsucksproject.com/new-start-here/

My school years are long gone, so why should I care? Cheesy

Though I agree that schools today are not very efficient (mildly speaking) at education.
Charlie Prime

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:31:55 PM

My school years are long gone, so why should I care?

You should care because the children in your community will decide your fate.  

What gets stomped into their heads at public indoctrination facilities today determines what kind of society you will live in 15 years from now.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
tee-rex

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:34:20 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 12:59:53 PM by tee-rex

My school years are long gone, so why should I care?

You should care because the children in your community will decide your fate. 

What gets stomped into their heads at public indoctrination facilities today determines what kind of society you will live in 15 years from now.

That hilarious guy from above (above here refers to the thread, not what you might have thought) says that I shouldn't care about anything, that is whether they go to school or not! Cheesy
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:22:39 PM

Education is just brain washing these day.
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:58:50 PM

Are public schools completely bereft of economics education today?

yes, they are

I don't  understand why we spend billions on paying the teachers for doing nothing

they are a huge burdain to tax payers

wouldn't it be simpler to print out extremy detailed books and the kids would only come to school for exams
where the country would pay controllers short-term for the exams..

you say they couldn't learn?

the society would develop the way there would be many video tutorials and explanations online
there is really no need to waste the hard earned money of the people..

It is not that simple. If we abolished schools, this would evidently give a spur to crime rates (since youths are under control in school even if they are beyond any hope in respect to education). And then we would have to spend even more money struggling with crimes and social disintegration as a result.

I don't think so

There's around 20 teachers in each school, 5 cleaning ladies, 1 principal, 4 assistans and simmilar stuff, 1 janitor...

I'm sure I'm missing something but that's over 30 employees

That means with that money (from only 1 school closed) you could hire almost 30 police officers

That's only 1 school!

Imagine closing all the schools in a city, the city would never be safer

And crime rates wouldn't increase that much, perhaps a slight 10% or something

Hiring a few more cops would do it or setting up cameras in significant locations

A whole bunch of money would be left to use and invest Smiley

I hope you are kidding! Smiley

You can't just hire 30 more police officers. You would need a lot of more people (doctors for wounded in gangs' fights, advocates to defend them and prosecutors to blame, prisons and whatnot). Also, a police officer salary is obviously not equal to that of a cleaning woman. Wink

but it isn't equal to the one of a principal Wink

and I don't know why you're assuming that there will be an all out warfare if schools closed lol

there wouldn't be such gangs, if there would be any change it would be a slight change

not this catastrophy you're describing

I don't even think that extra officers should be hired at all
Millions of uneducated teenagers on the street without support from their parents or anyone else won't be solved by "hiring more police officers"
I'll try to explain this non sense in your language as you seem to be looking at the $ side of things without a moral perspective.
"More police officers" + millions of board teenagers on the street fending for themselves (gangs) will without a doubt place a massive surge on arrests and tax payer funded prisons.
That means instead of paying a single teacher to control and educate 30 students 6-7 hours a day, by your logic we are now instead accommodating, feeding, protecting and PAYING for an individual who will most likely grow up to have a better understanding of the inside of a jail cell than the real world.
Less educated, productive individuals out there slows down economic growth. The inevitable growth in crime rate will also effect the financial security of local businesses (mexico is a good example of this).

@OP What makes the 'intelligent' individuals immune from the 'money' that the average people claim as their 'consolation prize'?

tee-rex

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:02:28 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 01:00:03 PM by tee-rex

Millions of uneducated teenagers on the street without support from their parents or anyone else won't be solved by "hiring more police officers"
I'll try to explain this non sense in your language as you seem to be looking at the $ side of things without a moral perspective.
"More police officers" + millions of board teenagers on the street fending for themselves (gangs) will without a doubt place a massive surge on arrests and tax payer funded prisons.
That means instead of paying a single teacher to control and educate 30 students 6-7 hours a day, by your logic we are now instead accommodating, feeding, protecting and PAYING for an individual who will most likely grow up to have a better understanding of the inside of a jail cell than the real world.
Less educated, productive individuals out there slows down economic growth. The inevitable growth in crime rate will also effect the financial security of local businesses (mexico is a good example of this).

I think that guy was kidding, don't take his words seriously!
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 03:04:31 PM

I think that guy was kidding, don't take his words seriously!
I sincerely hope so.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: