Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:32:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: StorJ undercutting the people and economic progress  (Read 716 times)
AntiFascist (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:39:21 PM

Crypto is evolving to the point where uploading content is the future of "mining."

This poses an interesting problem as there is considerable content that has already been created;  Who will mine this content?

Some believe the public should be allowed to mine this content in a first come first serve manner.

Unfortunately,  StorJ's Metadisk is posing a threat of premining content.  This should be opposed vehemently. 
Storj

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 07:56:05 PM

I think you might have a few misconceptions about how Storj works.  No mining actually takes place in our first app, Metadisk.  It just distributes the stored data across the web in encrypted chunks.  When our second app, DriveMiner, launches, users will be "mining" (this isn't exactly the best term) their own excess HDD space and bandwidth.  That is to say, the users will be offering these resources to the Storj network, allowing other users to rent them in exchange for cryptocurrency.  The content itself is not what's being mined, in fact, it's not even stored in the blockchain.  Only the pointers to where the data is located on the network are stored in the blockchain.
cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:45:52 PM

Well i think that is not a significant problem, you will never face serious problems from it. Never mind it will be fine.

Bitcoin is DEAD
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:57:36 AM

"Mining" will need to change to solve computational issues of value rather than wasting energy and resources.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: