Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:34:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin asic miner cube 30 to 38 ghs software/firmware upgrade  (Read 1069 times)
guiltmanager (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Like making new friends!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

Hello all, just looking for a bit of help.

Got one of these cubes from Ebay, and wondering if and when the need arises, how would I go about upgrading the firmware? I can connect the cube to the computer via its usb port but not sure what to do next?
take care
craig.

Yours Sincerely,
Craig Mcgee,

Guilt Manager,
Guilt Management Services International.

Bitrated user: guiltmanager.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:10:58 PM

There won't be new firmware upgrades, since it's already an old and obsolete product.
guiltmanager (OP)

Like making new friends!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:02:16 PM

ah shame as new firmware usually brings good features haha. problem with other miners is they are a lot more expensive! got this one for 100 gbp inc power supply and delivery from ebay.

Yours Sincerely,
Craig Mcgee,

Guilt Manager,

byt411

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:14:19 PM

ah shame as new firmware usually brings good features haha. problem with other miners is they are a lot more expensive! got this one for 100 gbp inc power supply and delivery from ebay.

Never buy mining equipment on ebay. They are all overpriced. Also, new firmware cannot increase the hashing speed of your miner.
guiltmanager (OP)

Like making new friends!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:25:38 PM

ah, what does new firmware do then? and where should I buy mining equipment reliably. all the mining companies seem crooked to me from what i've heard. taking years to deliver and not refunding money.

Yours Sincerely,
Craig Mcgee,

Guilt Manager,

byt411

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:08:53 AM

ah, what does new firmware do then? and where should I buy mining equipment reliably. all the mining companies seem crooked to me from what i've heard. taking years to deliver and not refunding money.

No idea, all it should do is fix bugs and compatibility issues.
Not all mining companies are crooked. Bitmain always delivers on time. Your description fits Butterfly Labs, and nothing else. Do more research.
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:55:09 AM

If I remember correctly FriedCat said something about open sourcing the software for the block erupter cube. Also another rumour was somebody was going to make boards with am 3 to replace old boards in block erupter cube. Waiting to see if either one comes true.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
guiltmanager (OP)

Like making new friends!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:34:47 AM

wow interesting, will look in to that could be interesting. as for mining companies, coin terror did the same thing to a friend of mine, delivered very late and the miners broke down, just after the warranty ran out.

Yours Sincerely,
Craig Mcgee,

Guilt Manager,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: