Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox - too many connections  (Read 14114 times)
NOTAL

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:21:32 AM

@bitcoinex   What does this mean?  Are you behind the DDoS attack on MtGox?

That exactly what he means:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6864.msg101352#msg101352
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:08:11 AM

NOT! IT IS NOT I AM! YOU SEE IT?!

LEARN ENGLISH!
bitcoinex

Activity: 350

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 06:09:13 AM

NOT! IT IS NOT I AM! YOU SEE IT?!

LEARN ENGLISH!

I saved you! At a price of $9 you would start killings!

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 10:34:12 AM

I would say we've a "suspect", notice the two deals on BCM while MtGox was being DDoS'ed.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 11:21:57 AM

On bitcoin.ie/forum I have 5-6 bot attempts daily from Russian IPs to register and post spam. I was forced to switch to manual registrations and I am seriously considering blocking all Russian IP ranges at this stage. Parhaps mtgox should do the same?
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 01:18:13 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2011, 01:40:00 PM by SmokeTooMuch

Somehow I really dislike seeing that whole russian-bashing.
We have an international market. We have an international currency. We have international people.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:35:14 PM

Thank you, SmokeTooMuch. I hope that all will be OK soon. Smiley

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
Mahkul

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:10:57 PM

Somehow I really dislike seeing that whole russian-bashing.
We have an international market. We have an international currency. We have international people.

I have nothing against Russia. I have a lot of friends there and my wife used to live there for a few years. However, the fact is that vast majority of spam and scam comes from there. That is a fact - logs don't lie.
stillfire

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:45:54 PM

I have nothing against Russia. I have a lot of friends there and my wife used to live there for a few years. However, the fact is that vast majority of spam and scam comes from there. That is a fact - logs don't lie.

I am sure you actually believe this and that you aren't intentionally trying to mislead anyone. But more spam comes from the USA than Russia. Indeed, USA is the originator of the vast majority of the spam in the world according to some sources.

http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries.lasso
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/01/11/report-reveals-the-dirty-dozen-top-spam-relaying-countries/
http://www.projecthoneypot.org/spam_server_top_countries.php

Please be careful when generalising.

Lost your wallet password? Try Stillfire's Password Recovery Service.
Mahkul

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:02:09 PM

I am sure you actually believe this and that you aren't intentionally trying to mislead anyone. But more spam comes from the USA than Russia. Indeed, USA is the originator of the vast majority of the spam in the world according to some sources.

http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries.lasso
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/01/11/report-reveals-the-dirty-dozen-top-spam-relaying-countries/
http://www.projecthoneypot.org/spam_server_top_countries.php

Please be careful when generalising.

OKay Sir, I stand corrected.

Still, 9 of 10 spaming IPs invading my own servers come from Russia. They probably just love Ireland.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:36:44 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2011, 08:47:48 PM by TheManOfTown

Is there another "liquid" exchange, or is the only one down?
All go to the https://btcex.com just as planned

FYI: If you want to see your exchange succeed, you make a good exchange and focus on doing a good job. Anything else, and you WILL loose business.

What I mean by that is that you must conduct yourself in a professional manner to be trusted in the community.
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 10:46:06 PM

Whoever said that DoS attacks do not violate the non-aggression principle, I disagree.  Bitcoinex's attacks are preventing many people from accessing their property stored in Mt. Gox.  This could be seen as an act of coercion.  The fact that I still can't get on Mt. Gox to access my fucking account is really pissing me off.  He's not only hurting his competitor (which is wrong in itself), he's also hurting all the community members who are customers and cannot access their property that is being stored at Mt. Gox.  So FUCK YOU Bitcoinex, and I will do my part to ensure that you never get any business. 

As others have already stated, the key to making sure Bitcoin has multiple strong exchanges is to work at making yours better and more efficient, not attack competitors.  All you have done is drive more people to Mt. Gox and put yourself out of business.  Now we have less exchanges, and therefore, less stability in the Bitcoin economy.

Also, as a personal note to the Russians/Eastern European members of the community: I want to say that the nationality of Bitcoinex has no bearing on my thoughts towards any people group.  I judge individuals not races or ethnicities.  I know several Russians and Eastern Europeans and get along great with them and have a lot of respect for them and their culture.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 10:57:10 PM

Bitcoinex's attacks are preventing many people from accessing their property stored in Mt. Gox.

May I ask how do you know it is him?
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 10:58:09 PM

Bitcoinex's attacks are preventing many people from accessing their property stored in Mt. Gox.

He has admitted it many times.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 10:59:46 PM

Well, I think I read through most of the posts on this forum, but never read one where he admitted doing it. Can you post a link?
bitcoinex

Activity: 350

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 11:01:28 PM

Is there another "liquid" exchange, or is the only one down?
All go to the https://btcex.com just as planned

FYI: If you want to see your exchange succeed, you make a good exchange and focus on doing a good job. Anything else, and you WILL loose business.

What I mean by that is that you must conduct yourself in a professional manner to be trusted in the community.

Yes, I know that the on west a "professionals" hide the truth, lie at the same time smiling and looking straight into your eyes. Sorry, but I do not like this behaviour, I came to the community to participate in creating a better currency and not to deceive mistaken people.

Centralization of the exchange, the complexity of the withdrawal of money and accelerating inflation of the bubble - for understandable reasons what happens. I'm surprised that the attackers did not think to do it sooner. And I am glad that it did not happen the week after, when bitcoiny would cost $10 - I think that if I lived in the U.S. I am would have been killed in these circumstances. while the haters would give a damn about what I do not have relation with the attack.

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
TheShoura

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Testing

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:02:03 PM

Well, I think I read through most of the posts on this forum, but never read one where he admitted doing it. Can you post a link?
Seconded, I can't find evidence proving who it is.

If you would like to send me a tip: 1HVGGWGWgHkyh9K8sntkZmXoiopX8Bsvv8

Security: 8452BCD9
ALWAYS gpg ident the person you're about to exchange with!
CoinMan (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:04:03 PM

Wow is it annoying to have Mt Gox going up and down.  Are we having the DDoS activity again?

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:09:06 PM

By the way, I am announcing collecting donations for the ddos of mtgox for decreasing exchange rates!

1AvGzvwCxELCaJsxdzunhYTzTL6GVa2xvR

haxorz! please send letter to support@btcex.com and give your money for that work!

By the way, I am announcing collecting donations for the ddos of mtgox for decreasing exchange rates!

1AwGzvwCxELCaJsxdzunhYTzTL6GVa2xvR

haxorz! please send letter to support@btcex.com and give your money for that work!

If this is a joke, it's a bad one. Angry

It sounds credible enough to be serious (with bitcoin address and email) for me to remove btcex from WeUseCoins until this is cleared up.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid so is serious. It would cost less than to be owed +$100 every day.

Maybe I even feel sorry about it. But we want anarchy and autoregulation? This is it is.

Just in case, say goodbye in advance. With you it was good, bitcoiners is a great community!

Oh, yes, exactly, well, then I turn off my ddos and start writing p2p exchange!

But then again, he stated a few times that he has nothing to do with these attacks. *confused*

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
tomcollins

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:09:52 PM

Wow is it annoying to have Mt Gox going up and down.  Are we having the DDoS activity again?

I wonder if it's an intentional attack or just too many people linking in trying to get exchange prices with bots or something.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: