Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FoldingCoin - New coin that helps science and medicine  (Read 17624 times)
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:06:06 AM

Thank you Smiley A couple more great things about using CounterParty instead of a traditional AltCoin is the fact that you can implement holder voting system. What this means is when we want to make a big change to the concept of the coin, we can distribute a different coin called "FLDCVOTEI, FLDCVOTEII, FLDCVOTEIII, ext" that will be given to you for each of your FLDC. So if you hold 345.2 FLDC, you would receive 345.2 FLDCVOTE coins whenever we run this.

What would the voting be for? Anything that the community would want. A couple examples of things the community has asked me about is why we decided to distribute 500,000 a day and never half this? We feel that this makes it more fair throughout its entire life, also after 5 years of helping the program, we feel the next best thing could potentially be out there. But with voting, it doesnt have to stay that way. The community could vote by simply putting their "FLDCVOTE" coins into an address thats say "Yes half this at the coins half/life" or "No keep it how it is" or they could even have another address with a completely different approach others could vote on like "Yes half every 2 months."

Another good example is the fact that Ethereum is getting a bunch of press right now as being the future of Bitcoin 2.0 and I love Ethereum, i am invested in some. So folks ask me why didn't we wait? Well we wanted to get off the ground sooner than later, and with the counterparty protocol we knew that whenever Ethereum does release, a simple "FLDCVOTE" coin could be distributed to the holders asking, ok this address is "stay on counterparty" and this address is "move to ethereum" and the last address is "wait for Mastercoin". Then lets say Ethereum was choosen, we would hold a FLDC burn on CounterParty until the end of time. So if some users are not aware of the switch, there FLDC in CounterParty could still be transfered to the FLDC in Ethereum at anytime. And we could still use the same exact address from CounterParty because Ethereum is also on the blockchain. So when the user sees that they are not receiving FLDC anymore in CounterParty, they will learn of the switch, and import their wallet private key to Ethereum, and they will see that they still have been earning coins.

Once again since we do not need to focus on the coin, we can focus on the features and uses. In order for these AltCoins to take off they MUST have a real world use, or they will be "pump and dump" or simply forgotten soon. We are trying to implement this as a MeetUp.com currency, i cannot disclose the details at this time, but we have several skype meetings with BTC meetup organizers. This is just the first idea of many we have for a use case for the coin but this one is the most receipted at this point and the most realistic, so this is the one we are putting our focus on. This would also help FAH adoption because if you can spend FLDC at MeetUps and help create medicine at the same time, well everyone will be folding Smiley

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:32:31 PM

Is this some kind of premine ?
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=226728&username=176QqdejGLiUuWowY4fMiyQ9WksxpbMvDe
and no active clients in the past 50 days

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:58:13 AM

No, this was a folder from CureCoin that wanted to try us out to see if he liked us. He did not stay with us Sad he was one badass cryptominer though. I did find a post of his:

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-curecoin-is-launched-5-10-2014.312266/page-131

He is Aboy68 and he was foldind with us when no one else really was yet and we were very new. He does about 3 mil a day at CureCoin, so he is 5% of their network (roughly, dont know his CureCoin name)

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:14:13 AM

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/foldingcoiu a blog with a great description

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:50:40 AM

anyway its a very nice idea
but on linux F@H sucks
I don't know why but my WU are stuck many times at 100%

boinc is working better for me, and some projects can use my laptop's nvidia

Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:29:13 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 11:21:43 AM by Traffic4u

I didn't why in my computer FAH count 1 in every 2 WU finished. My computer has finished 6 work units, but i saw only 4 WU counted and 1270 points earned.

And I thought, the distribution is too small, I've got 77, 33, and 35 FLDC from WU I finished.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:39:03 PM

Distribution is getting smaller as we are gaining bigger better miners every day. If you look here http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=226728 you will see we have multiple people producing over 100,000 points a day. Its setup similar to mining to were the more power you have, the more you make and the less everyone else does.

And i have problems with it on linux to, https://foldingforum.org/viewforum.php?f=96 is a good forum place to fix these issues. I got my CPU to work on linux, but not my GPU

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:30:24 PM

First exchange with official interest, it needs voted in though, please vote here https://crypto-trade.com/voting

Jpja

Activity: 150
Merit: 29

Happy mother of 5 children

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:02:30 AM

To give a little support to the project I placed a bid on the Counterwallet Exchange.

I bid 0.00005 XCP / FLDC.
Since 500,000 FLDCs are generated per day, I priced the project at 25 XCP/day.

I do in no way claim that this is the correct price, and I encourage others to place higher bids.

I do not encourage miners/folders to sell either, as it may be be better to hoard or try to sell at a higher price.

What I do, however, is that I open an opportunity to GPU folders who spend less on electricity than they can sell their mined FLDCs for, to make a profit from participating in the project.

P.S. I will buy only a very limited amount, but I hope others will join in creating some demand for FLDC.

👉🏼 Relictum Pro – touch the future now!
https://relictum.pro/
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:15:47 AM

Thank you Smiley this does help very much, also we are developing uses for this coin http://foldingcoin.net/index.php/meet-ups/ so hoarding them could be a good thing. We grow by the numbers everyday and the interest from the bitcoin community is great. Here is a recent news post from our website explaining some things on the horizon:

"Myself and James have been working overtime on talking with different organizations about FoldingCoin and developing new ways FLDC can help the communities of the crypto world and the FAH world. We cannot disclose many of the details at this point but September is looking like a great month for FoldingCoin. Some things that I can announce at this point are:

Voting for FLDC to get on 2 different exchanges, cryptoine.com and crypto-trade.com

We have our first partner, everyone please welcome Cointelegraph to the FLDC community and please follow them on twitter for up to date cryptocurrency news.

We will be announcing a crowd sale soon to be able to purchase a large amount of the FLDC that our dev team folded early on. All the funds from this crowd sale will be used to help pay for FLDC projects, one big one that we have been working on is finding a way to distribute the coin to FAH members outside of team 226728.

We have been interviewed by a law magazine about the uses of Counterparty in the modern society and the impact that user created assets could do to the financial world. We will send a link to this article as soon as it becomes available.

We have worked hard on finding a way to incorporate FLDC with Meetup groups and have been in contact with various Meetup groups including Coinscrum from London, the largest BTC meetup in the world. We discussed the value in having a crptocurrency used amongst meetup groups and the potential of a coin that can easily be "folded" by anyone even if they do not have and hardcore mining operation. Please follow them on twitter"

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:18:55 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 06:04:30 PM by SalimNagamato

im so sad i started folding only now. had so many problems with linux (and linux+AMD). only last 2 days its working almost properly
FLDC 'difficult' skyrocket ...

should have tried earlier. busy with work

this is a very good coin with good idea
it does feel stupid mining other altcoins, which gives nothing with useless calculations

I believe useful things like FLDC is the future of mining
or should be Smiley
im a big fan !

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:10:48 AM

Hi all

For those of you not aware, myself & 2 other individuals from the forum have recently taken over the management of EMC2 (Einsteinium coin). I have been asked to reach out to Curecoin community members to see if you would like to join with us in like-minded projects, & promotions that could benefit both Foldingcoin & EMC2? We figured Foldingcoin would be a good place to start as our goals are similar (both being science-related).

At this stage we are operating on a bit of a shoestring, but our lead 'dev' is very creative and has already come up with lots of ways we can promote our coin (including this one, & creating a new website that will initially act as an escrow site for the sale & promotion of science-related goods). Do you guys have a 'market' site for Foldingcoin goods? If so, we could perhaps start by linking to each other site? This is just one basic, simple idea but we were hoping some of you might have more? Do you have a current ongoing project we could assist with perhaps? Have any of you been involved in a crowd-funding project?

It would be great if you could perhaps have a think how we could combine forces in an 'unofficial' way, with no strings attached, that could benefit both yours & our communities and we are open to any ideas or suggestions.

Please PM me if you would like to discuss further Smiley

kind regards

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:55:44 AM

How do i get this coin ? exchange?
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:14:56 AM

How do i get this coin ? exchange?

Fold ! do some GPU science
or https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=xcpfldc
I never tried this exchange

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: