Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Litecoin Windows gadget which displays LTC and currency amounts  (Read 8453 times)
Domchi (OP)

Activity: 516
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:20:25 PM

Hi everyone,

the new version of the gadget is out which should fix any refresh problems. Please upgrade: http://www.domchi.cc/mylitecoins/

Sorry for not updating earlier, it seems that notification that somebody replied didn't get to me... Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

Omg, cant wait to try it  Cool Smiley

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:16:34 PM

Hi everybody,

the new versions of all gadgets are out. This is major and recomended update with bugfixes and quite a bit of new features.

As always, visit the gadget page to download it: http://domchi.cc/mylitecoins

Please note that from now on you can subscribe to be notified about updates by e-mail.
And as a bonus, here's a tip how to use this gadget to retrieve data from Google Docs: http://domchi.cc/mybitcoins/tips.htm
desii1

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:36:59 PM

Hi everyone,

the new version of the gadget is out which should fix any refresh problems. Please upgrade: http://www.domchi.cc/mylitecoins/

Sorry for not updating earlier, it seems that notification that somebody replied didn't get to me... Huh

Fantastic job on these gadgets.  One small request.  Can you add some sort of versioning?  It would be helpful.

Thanks again for your work.  Yes, I'll donate.. Smiley
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:24:51 AM

Fantastic job on these gadgets.  One small request.  Can you add some sort of versioning?  It would be helpful.

Thanks again for your work.  Yes, I'll donate.. Smiley

Go to control panel, Desktop Gadgets (or Desktop Gadget Gallery), select gadget, and click on "Show Details" in the bottom left corner. You'll see gadget version there. And on the gadget page, in Changes section, you can see a changelog and the number of the most recent version.

New version of MyLitecoins is due in the next few days - lots of new changes in the recent MyBitcoins are due for MyLitecoins as well.

P.S. Donations much appreciated. Smiley
Eddo22

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:44:41 AM

Hi, How can I change the lower space to Canadian dollars? I've tried numerous 3 letter acronym's to no luck. Thanks!
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:38:23 AM

Hi, How can I change the lower space to Canadian dollars? I've tried numerous 3 letter acronym's to no luck. Thanks!

You just enter CAD as target currency. But there's a catch - by default you're looking at LTC-BTC exchange rate, and if you use CAD gadget will try to convert from BTC to CAD via Yahoo! Finance API, and Yahoo! doesn't know anything about BTC. So, you need to look at LTC-USD exchange rate instead - use https://btc-e.com/api/2/ltc_usd/ticker as exchange URL.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:07:32 AM

Hi guys,

new version is available for download. This gadget now has all changes that MyBitcons introduced in the previous, 4.0 version:

• Trailing stop alerts as price passes set difference from the highest or lowest price to inform you about price reversals. Note that gadget will not buy and sell for you; it will simply change color to alert you. You have to do your own trading. Smiley
  • although originally correction could be a negative number, at some point this stopped working due to incorrect regex which is now corrected
  • if only paid or only unpaid JSON key for pools was used, value was not calculated; a bit impractical workaround to use both fields is no longer needed
  • support for very large or very small values (more than 9 digits or less than 8 decimals) using for example 1G for 1,000,000,000
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:48:47 PM

Hi everybody. As the Yahoo! Finance added BTC symbol a few days ago, there is something this gadget can now do it wasn't able to do before. And it works without updating.

If you set target currency in settings, so far conversion was only working if your ticker currency was fiat currency such as USD, as Yahoo! didn't support digital currencies. But as of now, this Yahoo! Finance conversion works when your ticker currency is BTC as well.

This means that you can observe LTCBTC ticker which has more liquidity instead of LTCUSD and have gadget display it in USD.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:50:48 AM

Hi everybody. As the Yahoo! Finance added BTC symbol a few days ago, there is something this gadget can now do it wasn't able to do before. And it works without updating.

If you set target currency in settings, so far conversion was only working if your ticker currency was fiat currency such as USD, as Yahoo! didn't support digital currencies. But as of now, this Yahoo! Finance conversion works when your ticker currency is BTC as well.

This means that you can observe LTCBTC ticker which has more liquidity instead of LTCUSD and have gadget display it in USD.

It seems that Yahoo! Finance is broken for BTC at the moment (returns N/A and the chart at http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BTCUSD=X is not available).
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:12:53 AM

It seems that Yahoo! Finance is broken for BTC at the moment (returns N/A and the chart at http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BTCUSD=X is not available).

Back again together with Bitstamp, as they apparently pull data from Bitstamp.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:24:54 PM

Version 3.1 is now available. The only difference in new version is the new default exchange. As BTC-e is likely not coming back, default exchange is now Poloniex. As always, you can use any exchange you want, so if you're using custom exchange, there is no need to download new version.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:21:56 PM

As of today, Yahoo! Finance has unexpectedly shut down the API this gadget was using for currency conversions. If you're using "Target currency" field you're affected. I'm working to switch to another API, please stand by.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:59:31 PM

Gadgets are now updated with a different conversion API. Please note that the new API has some built-in limits that you should probably be aware of. Exchange rates are refreshed every 30 minutes, so if you're converting from BTC your exchange rate might be slightly off, especially during major price swings. Also, please note that the new API limits usage to maximum of 100 requests per hour. In typical usage scenarios this should not be an issue, but if you use exchange update rate lower than 40 seconds, using "Target currency" field is probably not a good idea.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Yahoo! API has been a good and free service for the past 15 years and I'm sad to see it go.

You can download the new version on the gadget page: http://domchi.cc/mylitecoins/
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:10:12 PM

As of today (14th February 2019), third-party service that is used for fiat exchange rate (if you're using target currency field in settings) is no longer available due to change in licensing terms. I'm working on a fix and will update the gadget in the next few days.

I'd like this gadget to remain simple to use and free of any fees, even third-party ones. Of course, as always, donations are appreciated. Smiley

In the meantime, exchanges are slowly adding different stablecoins and fiat currencies, so whenever possible, use direct exchange rate from exchange if it's available.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:46:43 PM

The new version of the gadget is available. Please upgrade if your target currency field in settings is not blank.

Please note that gadget is using third party API for conversion to fiat. You'll have to register with third party API to continue using this feature (it's free and you don't have to leave any personal data apart from your e-mail). I'm not affiliated with this service in any way.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 05:34:41 PM

New version of gadget is available. If you're using it, please download it as this fixes a bug where in certain conditions there are too many requests to the APIs.

You can download the new version on the gadget page: http://domchi.cc/mylitecoins/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: