Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: America: Imagine the World Without Her  (Read 3773 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:45:41 AM

There is a movie out right now that is basically SHIT TALKING America.

What it does is pretend that civil rights were ANTI American, for the simple fact that they were viewed as "Lefties". Then it pretends that our modern Government can in no way be harnessed, and then says that the Right wing is the only answer.

Firstly, "America" is 2 continents, not a country. So the entire movie falls on it's face when it argues that "Americans" are exceptional and doesn't include all of America, only the "United States of America".

Second, the Right Wing (Republicans) used to be the party that was FOR civil rights. Lincoln was a Republican, but then LBJ signed the Civil rights bill in the 60s and he said "We have lost the south for a generation" (he was a democrat), then after that the south took on "The Southern Strategy" which was to play on segregation politics...

And now we are where we are. We NEED a third party. Republicans that play on segregation tactics are NOT the answer.

Obama has pretty much sucked, but that does not mean that the opposite of him is the answer.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:48:39 AM

Sean Hannity is one of the biggest supporters of this, but when the people watching this movie start shooting up schools, he will not report on it. Or at least won't connect their American flags and AR-15s to his ideologies.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:48:46 AM

i agree.. but yeah, if i were to take your title out of context, i'd probably say that the world without america is probably a better one... at least that's the opinion of noam chomsky.

but yeah, back to the topic.. they're just trolls sending out misinformation. no point in getting mad about it.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:43:55 AM

I heard Laura Ingraham talking about this earlier today and I believe it's a move by conservative writer and Obama critic, Dinesh D'souza. She was saying that everyone should take their kids and grandkids and make it a family movie day. She then went on to say that it's PG-13 but there's no reason that kids shouldn't watch it... All this coming from one of the biggest social conservatives mind you. I like her and all but only up to a point. Her big issue is this immigration fiasco that's been going on.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:51:05 AM

dinesh d'souza is a clown.. he makes trollish republican documentaries that ignore logic. he is basically the republican version of michael moore. guess who he has dated? another troll: ann coulter.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:55:19 AM

Sean Hannity is one of the biggest supporters of this, but when the people watching this movie start shooting up schools, he will not report on it. Or at least won't connect their American flags and AR-15s to his ideologies.

"Supporters of the movie start shooting up schools"?

Links and citations please.

Are you on drugs?

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Victorius

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:27:32 PM

Well I dont think that world without United states would be worse than this one. Not trolling. Basically american entertainment industry transform people into trend chasing consuments, mindless puppets. I do understand that people with different values and different cultures are not happy when their kids are rised by ganstas and sluts. Sure, parents cant compete with super cool hyped up marketers exploitng human psychology. And Im not even talking about geopolitical influence. There is reason why whole world dislikes america and it is not your freedom Cheesy

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 07:45:17 PM

Well I dont think that world without United states would be worse than this one. Not trolling. Basically american entertainment industry transform people into trend chasing consuments, mindless puppets. I do understand that people with different values and different cultures are not happy when their kids are rised by ganstas and sluts. Sure, parents cant compete with super cool hyped up marketers exploitng human psychology. And Im not even talking about geopolitical influence. There is reason why whole world dislikes america and it is not your freedom Cheesy

I'll bet that your country doesn't turn down US Foreign Aid though, does it?

Corporations For Crypto
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:04:06 PM

i agree.. but yeah, if i were to take your title out of context, i'd probably say that the world without america is probably a better one... at least that's the opinion of noam chomsky.

but yeah, back to the topic.. they're just trolls sending out misinformation. no point in getting mad about it.

Are you sure that is Chomsky's opinion? I know he frequently bashes the US, and in my view, rightly so; but for all it's wrongdoings, the US is an imperial power like any other has been throughout history. That is, if it wasn't the US doing it, some other powerful country would be doing it. In fact, I remember him saying something to this effect at least on one occasion (I'll post the video, if I remember what it was Smiley).
beetcoin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:24:35 PM

Are you sure that is Chomsky's opinion? I know he frequently bashes the US, and in my view, rightly so; but for all it's wrongdoings, the US is an imperial power like any other has been throughout history. That is, if it wasn't the US doing it, some other powerful country would be doing it. In fact, I remember him saying something to this effect at least on one occasion (I'll post the video, if I remember what it was Smiley).

i didn't see any mention of that in his book. he seems to mention a lot of unionized/liberal regimes in countries that try to prop up, but were quashed by the CIA/US efforts in order to decrease their influence.. he mentioned multiple countries in the middle east, central and south america. hell, he even seems to defend russia a little bit.
u9y42
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:04:25 PM

i didn't see any mention of that in his book. he seems to mention a lot of unionized/liberal regimes in countries that try to prop up, but were quashed by the CIA/US efforts in order to decrease their influence.. he mentioned multiple countries in the middle east, central and south america. hell, he even seems to defend russia a little bit.

Yeah, such revolutionary regimes are what he/others call a "virus" that could spread if you let them; that is, serve as an example for others to follow, and end up unraveling the whole system of US control if you leave them be. Cuba and Vietnam are very clear examples of this; Cuba somehow managed to survive to this day, despite the US' efforts, but Vietnam wasn't so lucky, unfortunately.

But it doesn't follow that because he criticizes the US' role in all this, he is of the opinion that the country not existing would make for a better world. As I said, it could easily be the case that someone else would step up to fill the role; the US is powerful, but not particularly special otherwise - it's a country like any other. The imperialist tendencies are there for sure, but they are the same that existed in any of the previous empires.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:13:37 PM

Yeah, such revolutionary regimes are what he/others call a "virus" that could spread if you let them; that is, serve as an example for others to follow, and end up unraveling the whole system of US control if you leave them be. Cuba and Vietnam are very clear examples of this; Cuba somehow managed to survive to this day, despite the US' efforts, but Vietnam wasn't so lucky, unfortunately.

But it doesn't follow that because he criticizes the US' role in all this, he is of the opinion that the country not existing would make for a better world. As I said, it could easily be the case that someone else would step up to fill the role; the US is powerful, but not particularly special otherwise - it's a country like any other. The imperialist tendencies are there for sure, but they are the same that existed in any of the previous empires.

to be fair, he does talk about imperialism through other societies, like the british opium war and how they left a trail of devastation everywhere they went (in india or china). and while i'm not speaking for him, i think it would be a different world if there weren't only 1 superpower to who reigned over everyone else. it's like having a monopoly vs. an oligopoly. i prefer the oligopoly to having 1 guy call all of the shots. currently, the U.S. has such a heads-up advantage over every other country (or even europe as a whole).
u9y42
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

to be fair, he does talk about imperialism through other societies, like the british opium war and how they left a trail of devastation everywhere they went (in india or china). and while i'm not speaking for him, i think it would be a different world if there weren't only 1 superpower to who reigned over everyone else. it's like having a monopoly vs. an oligopoly. i prefer the oligopoly to having 1 guy call all of the shots. currently, the U.S. has such a heads-up advantage over every other country (or even europe as a whole).

I think it was the leader of Malaysia that complained about pretty much the same thing when the USSR disbanded, basically saying that most countries' defense against the US' hegemony was the threat of defecting to the other side, and that now that was no longer a possibility. Smiley

Still, I'd hope that the spectrum of possible choices was broader than just "monopoly" and "oligopoly"; perhaps one of those "virus" will finally break out one day. Wink
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:14:19 AM

Governments: Imagine a world without them

We would be left with nothing short of world peace.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:15:35 AM

Wrongo, boyo!

We would be left with a world in utter chaos!

Corporations For Crypto
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:48:58 AM

Wrongo, boyo!

Right, because a world that's been at constant war for several decades isn't chaotic.

Your premise is that humans are generally barbaric and hateful creatures that wish nothing more than to reek havoc.  You are wrong.  99% of humans are loving beings.  It is not our nature to kill each other, it is how have we been conditioned by oligarchic hierarchies that instill fear into society to keep the suppression of populations.  Divide and conquer.  Turn us against each other to distract us from the real threat, the people who claim power over humanity.

Human nature is to love.  To create a society where humans can prosper and truly thrive as a species.

It is the remaining 1% that are sociopaths.  It is the sociopaths that hold 'power' at this time.  It is the sociopaths that order populations to slaughter each other over false rhetoric and dogma.  It is the sociopaths that create a system that thrives off death and conflict, while profiting the materialistic minds of today's 'leaders'.

A world without governments (tyranny, monopolized violence and criminal gangs) would be a world of freedom.  It would be a world of peace.

Sure, the 1% of sociopaths would think it made them free to do as they wish to others.  But the 1% of egomaniacs would quickly eliminate each other.  It is simply the law of attraction.  Negative beings attract negative beings.  Positive attracts positive.  It is karma.  No earthly human can supersede the universal law of karma.

The sooner we realize we are currently living in a state of disharmony and chaos, the quicker we can create a new world dictated by the power of love rather than fear.

The night is always darkest before the light.  But if we remain in a state of darkness forever, the light will never truly shine.

We must realize we are all one.  We are all a family.  We are one species, one race, one being.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:57:22 AM

Wrongo, boyo!

Right, because a world that's been at constant war for several decades isn't chaotic.

Your premise is that humans are generally barbaric and hateful creatures that wish nothing more than to reek havoc.  You are wrong.  99% of humans are loving beings.  It is not our nature to kill each other, it is how have we been conditioned by oligarchic hierarchies that instill fear into society to keep the suppression of populations.  Divide and conquer.  Turn us against each other to distract us from the real threat, the people who claim power over humanity.

Human nature is to love.  To create a society where humans can prosper and truly thrive as a species.

It is the remaining 1% that are sociopaths.  It is the sociopaths that hold 'power' at this time.  It is the sociopaths that order populations to slaughter each other over false rhetoric and dogma.  It is the sociopaths that create a system that thrives off death and conflict, while profiting the materialistic minds of today's 'leaders'.

A world without governments (tyranny, monopolized violence and criminal gangs) would be a world of freedom.  It would be a world of peace.

Sure, the 1% of sociopaths would think it made them free to do as they wish to others.  But the 1% of egomaniacs would quickly eliminate each other.  It is simply the law of attraction.  Negative beings attract negative beings.  Positive attracts positive.  It is karma.  No earthly human can supersede the universal law of karma.

The sooner we realize we are currently living in a state of disharmony and chaos, the quicker we can create a new world dictated by the power of love rather than fear.

The night is always darkest before the light.  But if we remain in a state of darkness forever, the light will never truly shine.

We must realize we are all one.  We are all a family.  We are one species, one race, one being.

Horseshit on so many levels that I can't even deal with them all.

Corporations For Crypto
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:30:57 AM

Calling something horseshit does not make it less of truth.

Articulate how you feel if you wish to have a logical conversation.

Please explain how the world could be anymore chaotic than it is now without violent tyrannical oppressors engaging in war and conducting mass amounts of conflict and unrest.

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:32:28 AM

dank is in the house.

Thread dead.

Move along.

Nothing further to see here.

Corporations For Crypto
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 03:15:01 AM

Maybe the world you live in with your drug use, but our world hasn't been at war for 80 years.

Personally, I have lived a stable life for over 40 years.  No chaos at all.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: