Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MACD] X13 | PoW+PoS Hybrid| NO PREMINE | NO IPO | NEW THREAD  (Read 44348 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KrvnoZrnce

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:44:35 PM

I posted on the other thread that I'd be willing to be a super node as I have lots of coins that are already staking. I wish I could code or know perl but I don't. I can at least reach out to bittrex again and let them know not to delist due to coin being developed again.

Great! That is not such a small thing btw, every little bit of action helps. If everybody could do something small for the coin, even a tiniest bit, coin would grow without stoping.
And that stupid announcement, all it does is hurting the coin even more, so it would be really cool of them if they would remove it. If not, I actually think it would be better for the coin if they delist it, but let's not rush things.

There something for everyone they could do.

Here are just couple of things this coin needs:

- Facebook page
- twitter account
- reddit
- articles

also, it is not a bad idea to start thinking about other exchanges

We can easily add MACD to Comkort and C-CEX exchanges (little bit of action and then voting), that's what I know for now.
If anybody knows other exchanges on which we could get added without to much trouble, bring it on. Also, we could try some chinesse exchanges, but I never tried to add any coin on those so I'm not sure.

Also, one important thing that would be awesome to have is a good designer. If there are any out there that would like to help, please do, don't be shy Cheesy.

One man for each of the things needed to be done, doing small amount of work, is MUCH more effective than one or couple of guys doing everything on their own. That would also provide us with a stable community.
But, stable community cannot be assembled out of people who are only looking for quick buck.

mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:37:22 AM

I have 50k coins I'm staking at the moment if that helps idk how much is needed though
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:25:44 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 12:52:35 PM by KrvnoZrnce

Damn, I was hoping so much I'm gonna manage to compile the wallet last night and I almost succeeded.

I passed the perl problem I had before (the problem was exactly what it stated, there was no perl Cheesy) and after that everything was running smoothly until the very last step - compiling MACDcoind.

Now, I have a funny feeling that the problem would not exist if only i had a 32-bit windows.
The problem is: closesocket(hsocket) cannot be used as a function
                          int ret = closesocket(hSocket) (actualy this happens after I make a "fix" in some other header file that has to do something with UINT_PTR which makes me think that something is not right with operating system)

Maybe I've just made a mistake somewhere while compiling dependencies (which btw took like 5 hours and if I have to do it all over again I'm gonna shoot myself Cheesy).
Hope during the weekend I will have more luck.

KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:49:21 PM

Is this coin dead? Cheesy
mmm01
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:13:07 PM

People are waiting to see what happens. There aren't people rushing to sell off as soon as possible since you announced you would put effort into this coin if that means anything to you. There was also a small spike in the price because of your post. I know you aren't that concerned with the exchange right now, but going off of that there hasn't been any movement. People are holding at around 75 85ish satoshis with the exception of a big chunk of coins sold today.
walkeroo

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:50:15 AM

this coin will be de-list from bittrex
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:32:25 PM

Damn, I was hoping so much I'm gonna manage to compile the wallet last night and I almost succeeded.

I passed the perl problem I had before (the problem was exactly what it stated, there was no perl Cheesy) and after that everything was running smoothly until the very last step - compiling MACDcoind.

Now, I have a funny feeling that the problem would not exist if only i had a 32-bit windows.
The problem is: closesocket(hsocket) cannot be used as a function
                          int ret = closesocket(hSocket) (actualy this happens after I make a "fix" in some other header file that has to do something with UINT_PTR which makes me think that something is not right with operating system)

Maybe I've just made a mistake somewhere while compiling dependencies (which btw took like 5 hours and if I have to do it all over again I'm gonna shoot myself Cheesy).
Hope during the weekend I will have more luck.

Any luck so far?
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:24:11 AM

Any luck so far?

Yes! I finally managed to compile it just now. I had to download Ubuntu image (I have lost all the nerves with windows) and work in virtual machine but at least it's working.

This was the hard part. Now to finish the new design Smiley
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:05:00 PM

Any luck so far?

Yes! I finally managed to compile it just now. I had to download Ubuntu image (I have lost all the nerves with windows) and work in virtual machine but at least it's working.

Good job!
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:19:23 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 06:04:11 PM by KrvnoZrnce

Any luck so far?

Good job!

I was afraid I was the only one left here Cheesy

Ok, here is a tiny, tiny teaser image (cut out of working copy of wallet) of what's coming Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/gpUaaOc.png
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:57:21 PM

I would really love to see the return of at least part of the MACD community.

I know most of you are finished with this coin, but if there are some people that liked the coin, not the quick money, please, join us, let's have some fun on this thread.

Here is a short list of things I would like to implement, just so people could know what to expect:

1. New Design (currently working on. Most of the design will be completely custom and built from scratch so it will take some time, but a lot of work is already done.)
    2. Bittrex API (Price of MACD, orders, market history and, if possible (that depends on the API), depositing, withdrawing and making orders from within the wallet)
    3. Block explorer inside wallet
    4. I know that people are really into anonymous transactions these days (IMHO that is complete bullshit) for some reason so if I don't implement any anon features at this point then number 4 will be...
    5. Super, awesome, mega giga, unique feature that I thought of and won't be revealing what it is until it's done (no bullshit, it's unique, and although it will be part of the wallet it won't have anything to do with the currency (coins) itself Smiley )

I would be completely happy if I manage to do at least first three, but if I implement those I really don't see why I wouldn't be able to do number 4 and/or number 5 Smiley

Remember, this is an open source project so anybody can do anything they want with it. Therefore I am doing this for myself and for the coin. Of course, everything I might do or not do, I understand it can have influence on the price and popularity of the coin, but I will not be held responsible for anyones money. I am in this coin just like any of you, trading, buying with small amounts of bitcoin I posses and there are probably many people that have much more MACDcoins than me so there is no need to be scared of huge dump from my side, nor will I pump MACD ever (even if I wanted to I can't cause I don't have nearly enough BTC to even start pumping).

Anything I make won't be "official" and will always be optional. All of this means that I won't disappear from this thread because I don't have a reason to disappear and if I ever fail with anything I plan to do or announce I will do, then I will come here and say I failed BUT I WILL NOT disappear after that because I'm not obligated to do anything so, again, no reason at all for that... You can always find me here or in PM.
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:53:38 PM

Any luck so far?

Good job!

Ok, here is a tiny, tiny teaser image of what's coming Smiley

Nope still here! I think probably several other people are too but are just hanging back for now. It's great that you're working on stuff. At least someone is! This coin never really got off the ground. Also, that picture didn't load for me. Excited to see new things coming in the future. Bittrex still hasn't delisted us so that's good. I think that if they keep getting communication from you (or whoever the official developer is if not you) that at least someone's working on the coin then maybe they won't delist. Also, maybe some of those updates you posted could be put on twitter and reddit in a condensed form. Maybe you're already planning to do that once more features are done. Anyway, like I said well done that you're putting time into this.
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:37:28 PM

Any luck so far?

Good job!

Nope still here! I think probably several other people are too but are just hanging back for now. It's great that you're working on stuff. At least someone is! This coin never really got off the ground. Also, that picture didn't load for me. Excited to see new things coming in the future. Bittrex still hasn't delisted us so that's good. I think that if they keep getting communication from you (or whoever the official developer is if not you) that at least someone's working on the coin then maybe they won't delist. Also, maybe some of those updates you posted could be put on twitter and reddit in a condensed form. Maybe you're already planning to do that once more features are done. Anyway, like I said well done that you're putting time into this.

Did it give you an error of some kind or did it open a little dark square? If it's a dark square than it did load Wink. Just zoom in and maybe increase brightness and it should be ok.. Maybe I made it a little to dark Cheesy.
I would rather leave the social part to someone else, but if nobody wants to do it, I will update twitter, reddit and other, but only after the feature is implemented.
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:46:58 AM

Any luck so far?

Good job!

Did it give you an error of some kind or did it open a little dark square? If it's a dark square than it did load Wink. Just zoom in and maybe increase brightness and it should be ok.. Maybe I made it a little to dark Cheesy.
I would rather leave the social part to someone else, but if nobody wants to do it, I will update twitter, reddit and other, but only after the feature is implemented.

Ya it's a tiny square.  I guess I'll have to zoom and lighten the picture.  I zoomed it by about 250% but still nothing.  I'll try lightening it next.
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:43:02 AM

Ya it's a tiny square.  I guess I'll have to zoom and lighten the picture.  I zoomed it by about 250% but still nothing.  I'll try lightening it next.

This is good to know because on my screen it is not that dark. Since you are the only one around at the moment I will send you full image of the background of wallet (which can be used as desktop background Cheesy) via PM as soon as I have the time. I don't want to reveal anything until it's done but also some feedback would be nice.
mmm01
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:55:03 AM

Krvno I'll send some macd your way for your efforts if that means anything at all to you idk.
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:32:00 PM

Krvno I'll send some macd your way for your efforts if that means anything at all to you idk.

I'll contribute to that if you're interested Krvno. Thanks for working on this coin.
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:14:02 PM

Hi guys,

I was not around for couple of days (went to a music festival) but yesterday I committed myself to MACD which resulted in a full time working day Cheesy

Since it's already 12th, I don't believe that I'm gonna finish the new wallet before the 15th, but I will do my best. I will post a screenshot of overview page of the wallet, so you can see what's been cooked for some time, when I come home after work today (about 8 hours from now).

Thank you for your offer but there is no need for that. With these prices I think I have bought more than enough Smiley and also, biggest reward for me would be actually making something good out of this coin.
But, If you like, we can all donate some MACD to an address that can be used for many different things, like a special fond for bounties and such.

Anyway, I still didn't manage to sync any of the wallets (must admit I haven't really bothered that much with it) so if anybody can confirm that the old wallet is still working that would be awesome.

Also, if any of you knows somebody that was interested in MACD earlier and left since then, just let them know that MACD is not dead and we won't let it die! Smiley

KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:58:38 PM

Screenshot will have to wait until tomorrow. Sry guys.
I need to install dropbox first but I'm done for today.
I'll post it first thing tomorrow.

BTW, if anybody can post .conf file of the working wallet I would much appreciate it.
mmm01
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:25:27 AM

all i have in mine is

addnode=37.187.144.69:21546
addnode=188.194.16.78:21546
addnode=8.38.76.74:21546
addnode=103.22.181.239:21546
addnode=69.64.43.236:21546