Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want your own cryptocoin( first 3 requests get their own coin for free )  (Read 1500 times)
mere-mortal (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:49:16 AM

Offer still on?

people are showing interest, but not sending what they want, so pm me a little about yourself, not in fine detail, but a general rundown of your experience in cryptocurrencies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:01:43 AM

"X11 is a chained hashing algorithm approach, taking 11 hashing algorithms from the sphlib. Created by Evan Duffield, X11 consists of blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, and echo. X11 was first used in Darkcoin, also created by Duffield, but has gone on to be used in many other coins."

Thank u for the explanation. Wont u support the creation of Scrypt or SHA-256 coins ?

I am trying to stay away from being a "jack of all trades, but master of none", I believe X11 is currently the best foundation for a start up coin. Take a look at what these guys offer, I would strongly suggest going with "Loljosh"  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=466908.0

I will build you a X11 for free and help as best I can  Smiley
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:38:13 PM

Only because I am being asked, asked to give lessons in coin creation that is, the following is my view. (Not advice nor a preach)

1) Mirror mirror on the wall

I believe anyone should experiment with their own coin if they wish, but ask yourself if you really have the time and grit to see it through. What experience do you have, you will need to answer questions, be available. So, if you cant create a config file ( highly unlikely ) don't start your own coin.

2) The Secret

Many believe that if you have written the next great Hollywood hit that you need to hide it away and show it to no-one, the reality is you need to show it to many people. To create a totally unique never before seen cryptocurrency can cost a ton of money, so if all you can afford is a few hundred dollars, don't be precious. You are not ever truly going to have anything that has not been done before except maybe the coin name.

3) Reality bites

If you consider the amount of time it took to create Bitcoin, then the work, effort and dedication of numerous people, and then give it a value you would be looking at Many millions. So be realistic about what you are spending and what you are going to get in return. Bitcoin is firmly entrenched as no1 on the billboard 100 ( coinmarketcap ) and I don't see anyone knocking them off. Dogecoin is a good example of a couple of guys that managed to hit it right. All over the world there are Guys and their mates(friends) jamming in their parents garage. Its fun and a great experience, but usually amounts to nothing.

4)The Wild West

For every Good intention in the cryptoworld the is a bad one too, every bit of code that someone is developing is a new opportunity for some shady character. I see the Cryptosphere in much the same way as various mining rushes around the world. Out in the middle of nowhere, with people lurking, snipers in the hills ready to pick off casualties from a distance, not much trust and a lot of cynicism.

5) The Cult

Be ready for the wrath of the chosen ones, or at least they think they are. If anybody has any criticisms, click on their names check their history, see how knowledgeable they are, and if it turns out that they worthy, engage in a dialogue with them, if not then they are just glassy eyed fanatics that luckily cant shoot or poison you.

I know that most will be reading this and going what the F@#ck but if you have read some of the PM,s sent to me, on various channels, you will hopefully understand.

Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:42:14 PM

I have been asked for coin creator lessons, my general reply is it is not something I would feel comfortable doing. I can fit building coins into my day, sadly not people  Sad

I can give altcoin creation lessons.

Here's my post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660051
CozyLife

Activity: 84

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 10:46:13 PM

Would you be willing to stay on as a developer?  I'm a web developer, but not really much into software dev and I don't feel like doing that end of the upkeep.  I know it's asking a lot, but even though you stated you don't want any premined coins, that's all I can really offer you right now.  I want to think this through on how to market the coin properly so it takes off.  I have a few ideas that could give new miners an incentive to mine it, or I could simply do what some coins are doing now and have 100% premine and use PoS to entice people to use it.  If one of my coins is equal to 1 BTC, but it accumulates value over time with PoS unlike Bitcoin, people could use my coin as a buy and hold coin (like you would do with a CD) and then exchange it for Bitcoin.  I think the latter would be better, but as I'd own all of the coins, I'd have to be my own exchange and that means getting a Money Transmitter License now.  I'm fine with that, but I have to make sure things stay secure and the most secure method I can think of is doing everything manually.  Like I said, there's a lot to consider, but in the end it could be worth the effort.

So, are you willing to stay on as a dev for a coin like this in exchange for some premine?

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: