Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARG Puzzle WITH 3.5BTC PRIZE – THE ALTERNATIVE ENDING!!!!  (Read 3637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
S4VV4S (OP)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

Now,
Which version do you find more suitable for the game you have played?

That's a good question, S4VV4S. I don't like at all the official solution, it's nonsense that you have to depend on hints to find it. It degrades the quality of the puzzle which was rather high until the final step. Randomly converting the letters to uppercase is simply brute-forcing, and one of the rules was not to brute-force. So it was very disappointing ending.

Your version has another advantage because it has something to do with Dark wallet, with the two guys on the picture being the Dark wallet founders.

TL;DR
Your ending is better.

There was a long period without hints at the end, because I didn't realize the error in the string of letters until what should have been the solution was posted. It had been triple checked, so I'm still confused as to how it happened - but it happened - and it's such a shame. It was impossible to know who the rightful winner would have been, so the only answer was to hint at the flaw so the solve could be made. We all would have preferred different outcomes, for various reasons. 

@itod

So did you notice any similarities in the ARG Puzzle, OP's updates I posted above?

S4VV4S are you implying that I am Gatekeeper? No, the reality is I put all of my recent earnings from my art sales into that pot, and put my credibility as a member of this community on the line. S4VV4S I am incredibly insulted by your misguided claims, and I take great offense.

I learned a great deal from this experience. I look forward to being a player for another member's game. 

My apologies Marguerita,
I did not mean to offend you.
That was never my intentions.

And I have never implyied that Gatekeeper is you.

However, can I ask, what is it that I have discovered?

ytcoinartist

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:32:24 AM

My name is Marguerite, not Marguerita. And I'm not sure what you are referring to? What have you discovered?
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:39:48 AM

My name is Marguerite, not Marguerita. And I'm not sure what you are referring to? What have you discovered?

Ooops, sorry Smiley

I am referring to the other route I took, posted in my OP: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683366.0

What is that?
ytcoinartist

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:46:07 AM

I am referring to the other route I took, posted in my OP: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683366.0

What is that?

Some mighty-fine creative thinking  Wink
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:53:09 AM

What is that?

Some mighty-fine creative thinking  Wink

I doubt it.
I am not very creative.
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

So, Marguerite,

Are you going to explain to us, why my version makes perfect sense for your puzzle,
while you say that yours had mistakes?:

-snip-

There was a long period without hints at the end, because I didn't realize the error in the string of letters until what should have been the solution was posted. It had been triple checked, so I'm still confused as to how it happened - but it happened - and it's such a shame. It was impossible to know who the rightful winner would have been, so the only answer was to hint at the flaw so the solve could be made. We all would have preferred different outcomes, for various reasons. 

-snip-

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:20:51 AM

I would ask Michael Douglas FTW!

?
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:25:55 AM

After all, we are only human...

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Kangaderoo

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:04:38 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 09:38:51 AM by Kangaderoo

I suggest to watch the movie "A beautiful mind"
If you really look for something hidden and believe its there, you will always find something.

Concerning the game, there were some slip-ups making the puzzle not self sustaining.
I know I 'broke' the rule of not looking behind the curtain by (trying to?) expose xavier46930.
The problem being that when the first bit(.)ly/mindthecraft was found, I just used the link with a plus(+) to see the stats of this link.
At the time I did this the name xavier46930 was listed as owner of the link.
A couple of hours later this was set to someone, making it impossible for anyone else to follow the same path.
Hints should be able to be found by anyone, not just by a lucky few at specific times (OP updates..... ?)
The curtain should not be moving constantly if you want participants not to look!
After this I just followed the puzzle instead of participating fully.

An ARG follows the rules as set by the puppetmaster. If you don't like the rules... well I was not forced to play......

And yes, I would have liked the answer to be in the same start image.

If at the end someone with 1500 BTC wins the price... I'm just glad the winner was someone who actually posted a lot on the forum and was a player
from the beginning. He spend just as much time puzzling as anyone else.

Slow but steady Android coin mining with NeoNeonMiner
BTC:1NeoArmnGyWHKfbje9JNWqw3tquMY7jHCw
rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:15:55 AM

If at the end someone with 1500 BTC wins the price... I'm just glad the winner was someone who actually posted a lot on the forum and was a player

Agreed. The person who won was involved and was not just someone who joined the last day and got lucky.
Gatekeeper won the prize fair & square. Even though he/she had no obligation to share said prize, he/she did give 4 other a small share. (His/her choice imo)

As for the puzzle itself: I think it was excellent. The few who had access to Minecraft did their bit and kept the rest of us in the loop. This to me was not a major issue.
The rest of us tried to help where we could, sometimes only with ideas, but simply did not have the skills required. (Referring to myself here mostly)

BTW Marguerite. I would dearly like to know how you came up with such an elaborate scheme. The route you followed to get everything in sync with the starting work of art must have been a journey in itself Smiley

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:36:39 AM

If you really look for something hidden and believe its there, you will always find something.

All the other contestants seemed to believe they would find something but they didn't........

After all, we are only human...

OP made no mistakes.
I believe that she said that before.
So, what happened at the end?

Agreed. The person who won was involved and was not just someone who joined the last day and got lucky.
Gatekeeper won the prize fair & square. Even though he/she had no obligation to share said prize, he/she did give 4 other a small share. (His/her choice imo)

As for the puzzle itself: I think it was excellent. The few who had access to Minecraft did their bit and kept the rest of us in the loop. This to me was not a major issue.
The rest of us tried to help where we could, sometimes only with ideas, but simply did not have the skills required. (Referring to myself here mostly)

BTW Marguerite. I would dearly like to know how you came up with such an elaborate scheme. The route you followed to get everything in sync with the starting work of art must have been a journey in itself Smiley

Yes, Gatekeeper was in it from the start, so was I, so was Shorena and many others.
And congartulations to him/her.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the route I have followed, BEFORE, the OP started to throw new hints, is much more suitable as the real ending and it has no mistakes.
OP made no mistakes, remember?

So the question remains:
Why is the version I have discovered BEFORE the OP started throwing hints, flawless and completely suitable as an ending to the puzzle, while her version had a mistake?
With the Dark Wallet, and the Wow! Signal....
remember this game is such Wow! ..... ?
cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:24:03 PM

Or The Number 23, or Pi, or...

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:31:45 AM

Hi, Marguerite!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

-snip-
My question was clear: Did the Gatekeeper give the solution on how he got the key?

DFUOA???

Yes, Gatekeeper posted: "the solution is in here somewhere" quoting the sourcecode that would have cracked it even earlier without the typo by OP. The last hint by OP was #2103 which was precicly the post with the sourcecode until some posts got deleted.

-snip-
On the subject Wink
Do you see the similarities?

No, I dont.

-snip-
Now,
Which version do you find more suitable for the game you have played?

If I understand this correctly your solution is this:
Code:
CHANNEL
NUMBER
TWO
VERTICALLY
WRITTEN
EASTERN
DECLIN.
DIGITS
as a seed for the darkwallet, correct? Please confirm because I will use that seed and check the addresses.

-snip-
TL;DR
Your ending is better.

That is because it was the right one Wink

IMHO thats not how the world works sometimes.

-snip-
OP made no mistakes.
I believe that she said that before.
So, what happened at the end?
-snip-

This was posted when we Idiots didnt properly check the morsecode for 5 days. You can hardly use that for something that happends over a week later.

-snip-
However, that doesn't change the fact that the route I have followed, BEFORE, the OP started to throw new hints, is much more suitable as the real ending and it has no mistakes.
-snip-

Yet your ending does not lead to the correct private key, does it?

You might have asked yourself why I didnt answer to this thread. I knew about it, but I didnt write. The sole fact that you made it "self moderated" discouraged me. If you actually wanted to reveal something, why would you need the ability to delete posts?

Will you delete this? Maybe. I hope you read it first and get your fucking act together.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:15:16 PM

Yes, Gatekeeper posted: "the solution is in here somewhere" quoting the sourcecode that would have cracked it even earlier without the typo by OP. The last hint by OP was #2103 which was precicly the post with the sourcecode until some posts got deleted.

Yes the solution is in here somewhere.....
Where?
Can you please provide a step by step guide?
Also, can you please tell me how can someone shift more than 26 characters? (sorry I don't know this)

No, I dont.

That means you are blind....
All the OP updates were passed on by the Gatekeeper.....

Code:
CHANNEL
NUMBER
TWO
VERTICALLY
WRITTEN
EASTERN
DECLIN.
DIGITS
as a seed for the darkwallet, correct? Please confirm because I will use that seed and check the addresses.

Yes, it was and it is highlighted on the wow.jpg I have posted.

IMHO thats not how the world works sometimes.

Opinions don't count when evidence is presented.....
We all have our opinion but, can we all back it up with evidence?

This was posted when we Idiots didnt properly check the morsecode for 5 days. You can hardly use that for something that happends over a week later.

Really?
So when the OP (more or less) said no more clues - which means you have all the clues you need - did that sound to you that the OP made a mistake, eg: w -> W?
When the OP said no more clues it was merely a few hours before I solved it btw.....
So when did she decide that there was an error?

Are you even paying attention to what I wrote?
My ending leads to a 12 word dark wallet seed.
Which is perfect considering that the starting point is a portrait of the dark wallet creators.

Now all of the above being said.
Whats your take in this?
Because obviously, you are attacking me without examining all evidence.

That being said,
YOU and itod are the people I have contacted in order to team up because I believed I had something and I needed help.
I still have my original PM sent to you if you wanna see it.

That being said, the msg was sent to you: « Sent to: shorena on: 05 July 2014, 18:57:04 »
I was already one step ahead of others but just wasn't sure if I did or not have something.
Fortunately, you didn't respond in time and I have cracked it myself which basically led me to the last step.

So, once again, whats your take in this?
You seem to be a good investigator yet lacking skills on my subject.
Why is that?

And btw, your PDF just happens to mention my username a lot of times.
What does that mean?
It means that I was on it from the very first moment and I have actually provided (apart from  the minecraft shit which I hate).

You might have asked yourself why I didnt answer to this thread. I knew about it, but I didnt write. The sole fact that you made it "self moderated" discouraged me. If you actually wanted to reveal something, why would you need the ability to delete posts?

Will you delete this? Maybe. I hope you read it first and get your fucking act together.

Making my thread self moderated does not mean that I am not honest.
Besides, have you seen me delete anything from my thread?

I am not coin artist that deletes posts that "I don't want them to be there" Wink

Now as to my fucking act.
My fucking act is way much better than all of yous that have competed in that game. (sorry I do not mean to sound like an ass here it's just that Shorena asked for it).
You were all fucking sleeping, doing jack shit while I was submitting dark wallet seeds based on THE REAL CLUES.
Once I hit the right one I got attacked, and your lovely OP (probably didn't like it) and started throwing a shitstorm of clues for you to BRUTE FORCE the private key.

Nice!!!! NOT!

Now, get YOUR fucking act together and follow the steps I took.
When you do that, let me know who has their fucking act together or not and IF you believe the OP made a mistake.

PS: Just for reference.
The msg I have sent to itod was on: « Sent to: itod on: 05 July 2014, 19:18:46 »

itod can verify if he wants that I did tell him that I am on to something but I needed help because I didn't know what I had.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 08:44:25 PM

Yes the solution is in here somewhere.....
Where?
Can you please provide a step by step guide?

Its in the final PDF. It took me a while to understand but I got it.

Also, can you please tell me how can someone shift more than 26 characters? (sorry I don't know this)

Yes you just consider all the symbols (small, captial, numbers) as part of one big number system. Like decial has 0 to 9, hexadecimal has 0,..9,A,...,F this has 0,...,9,A,...,Z,a,...,z or first the small I dont remember.

No, I dont.

That means you are blind....
All the OP updates were passed on by the Gatekeeper.....

Which only proves that Gatekeeper was active. As you know he was active from the start, like you, like me.

Code:
CHANNEL
NUMBER
TWO
VERTICALLY
WRITTEN
EASTERN
DECLIN.
DIGITS

Yes, it was and it is highlighted on the wow.jpg I have posted.

Was? It either is the correct solution and should lead to the private key for the address on step 1 or it is not the correct solution and it will not lead to the private key. The coins are gone, the private key is not.

I used it as a seed, none of the addresses match. None had any coins as far as I can see.

-snip-

Are you even paying attention to what I wrote?
My ending leads to a 12 word dark wallet seed.
Which is perfect considering that the starting point is a portrait of the dark wallet creators.

So what? We found plenty of darkwallet seeds along the way. None did matter because they did not give access to the coins. My Darkwallet is a mess now because of this. I actually still have to figure out how to spend the coins in the "CONTRA MACHIEN GUN LASER GUN SPREAD GUN FIREBALL GUNRAPID FIRE BARRIER" one, because that still holds 0.003. The others (including the last one that you posted) do not.

Now all of the above being said.
Whats your take in this?
Because obviously, you are attacking me without examining all evidence.
I am not attacking you, I like you and I wish you would return from your trip of paranoia.

Now, get YOUR fucking act together and follow the steps I took.

I did, twice. They lead to an empty darkwallet that from what I can tell was never used before.

Actually the state Darkwallet is in, it would have been very stupid for @Coin_Artist to use a Darkwallet seed. Use the seed above and try to spend the coins. That thing is buggy as hell. Its ALPHA. The Devs warn: DO NOT USE WITH REAL COINS. Yet she should have deposited 3.5 BTC there?

Also whats this bullshit?

OK, lets get one thing clear.
I kind of work (obliged to) for S4VV4S but i am not them.
-snip-

From user: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=353046;sa=showPosts

Is that who you are? Maybe I do not know as much about as I though. These 2 weeks you provided idea after idea after idea. You where allways full of energy, joyfull. When you realized it was over your head, you kept posting us that song. And now look at this.

S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:38:28 PM

really?
so please do share with us....

Which only proves that Gatekeeper was active. As you know he was active from the start, like you, like me.
was he?
I do not see him mentioned in ur pdf.....
any clues or solves from him?

Was? It either is the correct solution and should lead to the private key for the address on step 1 or it is not the correct solution and it will not lead to the private key. The coins are gone, the private key is not.

I used it as a seed, none of the addresses match. None had any coins as far as I can see.

The seed is controlled by the seeder.....
and btw why is there a gateway checking on your stealth account? (not much of a dark wallet there is there?)
that makes one wonder, what up with the stealth crap when everything is controlled by a gateway?
lets get one thing clear... there is no stealth when it comes to dark wallet simply because it is controlled by a central authority (the gateway) - centralization....
(isnt that what we are fighting for?)

So what? We found plenty of darkwallet seeds along the way. None did matter because they did not give access to the coins. My Darkwallet is a mess now because of this. I actually still have to figure out how to spend the coins in the "CONTRA MACHIEN GUN LASER GUN SPREAD GUN FIREBALL GUNRAPID FIRE BARRIER" one, because that still holds 0.003. The others (including the last one that you posted) do not.

Yes, and apparently its spelled MACHINE, maybe thats why you got it wrong and have your Darkwallet messed up.....

I am not attacking you, I like you and I wish you would return from your trip of paranoia

Really?
which paranoia would that be?
The one that makes me better than you?
Because all you did is write the progress, but then again how would you know what progress is?

I did, twice. They lead to an empty darkwallet that from what I can tell was never used before.
Yeah, if I had my riddle cracked I would make sure there is no evidence of it.... Wink
BTW, did I mention that the guys on the portrait are the ones that made dark wallet, and they can do whatever they want with it?

Actually the state Darkwallet is in, it would have been very stupid for @Coin_Artist to use a Darkwallet seed.

Really?
Do you even know who her boyfriend is? (hint hint, it starts with C, and that is something I didnt confirm yet it just comes from lessons I have learned so dont hold me on that Wink?
That being said, why would it be stupid to promote Dark Wallet?
It is one of the best options for stealth right?

Is that who you are?

After crashing ALL OF YOU while you were sleeping and basically begging for clues from the OP,
Do you honestly think that I need a new account to prove my point?

You are too small for me German boy......
Sorry, I do not mean to sound racist here but you are too small for me.......
Because while you where scratching your balls trying to figure out a way, I have found the way and was trying to collect my prize....
Apparently Germans and cyber-anarchists think alike and don't like Greeks messing about.....

Now that being said did I or did I not ask you: How would you like to win the prize with me?

Also to make things fair I have also asked itod to join me with this:

Wanna team up with me and win the prize together?

I believe I am close to cracking it but I need help.

What say you?

That being said German boy, apart from your PDF that constanlty mentioning my username (I wonder why).
what is it that makes you bold enough to talk to me? or even worse, judge me (when you have done nothing and I have done almost everything)?

YOU HAVE NOT answered my question:
Did I or did I not ask you to team with me?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:43:46 PM

really?
so please do share with us....

was he?
I do not see him mentioned in ur pdf.....
any clues or solves from him?

The seed is controlled by the seeder.....
and btw why is there a gateway checking on your stealth account? (not much of a dark wallet there is there?)
that makes one wonder, what up with the stealth crap when everything is controlled by a gateway?
lets get one thing clear... there is no stealth when it comes to dark wallet simply because it is controlled by a central authority (the gateway) - centralization....
(isnt that what we are fighting for?)

Yes, and apparently its spelled MACHINE, maybe thats why you got it wrong and have your Darkwallet messed up.....

I am not attacking you, I like you and I wish you would return from your trip of paranoia

Really?
which paranoia would that be?
The one that makes me better than you?
Because all you did is write the progress, but then again how would you know what progress is?

I stopped reading here. Have a nice live. I am all out of fucks to give. I you actually care for the pdf or the solution, you know where to find it, its been "on the news" after all.

S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:19:11 PM

I stopped reading here. Have a nice live. I am all out of fucks to give. I you actually care for the pdf or the solution, you know where to find it, its been "on the news" after all.

What a shame....
You have missed the best part.... but then again we both know you read my post but just doesn't know how to respond...

That being said you seem to be avoiding certain questions I have posed, much like the con artist...

a) what is your take in this? - Because anybody can create a PDF of the story (all they have to do is just document what is already posted - apart from the posts deleted from the OP)
b) Did I or did I not ask you to team up with me and win this? (simply because I was ahead of you and just needed help... not anymore btw)
c) are you or are you not too small for me? - yeah that wasn't a question it was a statement (simply because I am way much better than you....)....

Also, once again, what makes you think you have the right to even talk to me or even worse judge me, when I have provided valid evidence that the game was supposed to take a different route?
And all you did was just to document what was posted.
Go ahead call me stuff, before you do though please provide evidence that you have any idea of what you are talking about.
Because, really, apart from your PDF you have done absolutely nothing.....

Oh, and btw, why is it that you support someone who has admitted that made a mistake who also happens to be a newbie in the forums (and deleting mistaken posts) and obviously just doing it for making a name for themselves (completely understandable) yet you seem to fight someone who has been active in these forums and even uncovered a scammer (not talking about the game, just look up my profile -yes you will also uncover that I am a piggy - yes I am)?

PS: It is LIFE not LIVE - there is a huge difference between the two.....

Oh, and btw, which version makes more sense to you?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: