Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:31:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Source Bitcoin faucet system  (Read 1146 times)
NVitanovic (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:00:18 PM

Hi,

I was wondering are there any open source bitcoin faucets, and if someone can give me some links?

I want to contribute to this community, by making open source bitcoin faucet in PHP, I've seen a few but I don't like them a lot because they are complicated to setup for average users, but before starting I want to see if someone is currently making this, and what features would you like to see.

I was planning to add these options:

1. Multiple wallets options (BlockChain, CoinBase and some others)
2. Multiple captcha options ( ReCaptcha, SolveMedia, and some other captchas).
3. Admin panel for viewing stats, adjusting payment options, user managment, etc.
4. Easy install script, like some systems have.
5. More options suggest here.

Best Regards!
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:28:43 PM

Faucets are generally a waste of time for users. Today's faucets really only will attempt to make money off of ads and will not payout any meaningful amounts.

This spot for rent.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:37:43 PM

Hi,

I was wondering are there any open source bitcoin faucets, and if someone can give me some links?

I want to contribute to this community, by making open source bitcoin faucet in PHP, I've seen a few but I don't like them a lot because they are complicated to setup for average users, but before starting I want to see if someone is currently making this, and what features would you like to see.

I was planning to add these options:

1. Multiple wallets options (BlockChain, CoinBase and some others)
2. Multiple captcha options ( ReCaptcha, SolveMedia, and some other captchas).
3. Admin panel for viewing stats, adjusting payment options, user managment, etc.
4. Easy install script, like some systems have.
5. More options suggest here.

Best Regards!

There are already a lot of open source ones and none have performed well in the market, because a product cant grow, unless it is developed in house. Still, if u r looking for one, try this.

NVitanovic (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:19:06 PM

There are already a lot of open source ones and none have performed well in the market, because a product cant grow, unless it is developed in house. Still, if u r looking for one, try this.

Nice one Smiley, I've seen few, just thought if anyone would like something different and with extra features, but if you think it's generally a waste of time then ok.

Best Regards!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4533

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:22:42 PM

faucets were meant to be used so those new to bitcoin can atleast get some coin to play around with. but now its awash with money grabbers trying to make an income purely from faucets. estimates are that 99% of faucet donations go to money grabbers and only 1% go to noobs, based on a few faucets that have checked the rcipient addresses and seen that they were not 'fresh addresses' but addresses with more then a month of tx's flowing through them

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: