Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wrist Watch!  (Read 1263 times)
TheBTCWatch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:14:42 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 04:24:50 PM by TheBTCWatch

Hi all, feel free to move my topic if need be; I am not selling anything at the moment, so it didn't feel right posting in the 'Marketplace'.

I am producing a limited quantity run of bitcoin watches. This started as a search for a personal watch, but after a fairly extensive search on the web, I didn't find anything to suit my needs.

I am not making a killing off these watches, and probably won't even see a ROI, but I thought it would be cool to produce something new to the market, learn some new info along the way,and help spread some much needed awareness to the BTC community.

Thanks for reading!

www.facebook.com/TheBTCWatch
www.TheBTCWatch.com

* I am very open to thoughts/critiques/suggestions from the community. If anyone has any helpful advice I would LOVE to hear it*
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:58:16 PM

very much a novelty aspect. but i feel there is a market for them...

so here are some idea's:
1) at bitcoin conferences find out some of the big guys that are going and ask them if they can put a stand next to their cubicle/area that has the watches and let them manage the sales. making them your affiliate (they get a commission or profit above wholesale price)

2) any bitcoin shops that pop up such as here. again like a shop, the guy sels them and just pays you the whole sale price

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:19:09 PM

Hi all, feel free to move my topic if need be; I am not selling anything at the moment, so it didn't feel right posting in the 'Marketplace'.

I am producing a limited quantity run of bitcoin watches. This started as a search for a personal watch, but after a fairly extensive search on the web, I didn't find anything to suit my needs.

I am not making a killing off these watches, and probably won't even see a ROI, but I thought it would be cool to produce something new to the market, learn some new info along the way,and help spread some much needed awareness to the BTC community.

Thanks for reading!

www.facebook.com/TheBTCWatch
www.TheBTCWatch.com

* I am very open to thoughts/critiques/suggestions from the community. If anyone has any helpful advice I would LOVE to hear it*

Seems like there might be some people who would want a bitcoin watch out there. I like your no nonsense approach on your website. Price sounds very reasonable as well.

Good luck with your project.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:04:08 PM

That is very cool. Would make a nice gift for any bit coiner. Good luck with your endeavor.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 07:26:21 PM

Very cool novelty item. Best of luck in you ventures! Hope it is a success.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 09:05:34 PM

i guess you need a "killer" feature to sell more than a few

nice gift but not a must have.

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:47:58 PM

Very nice idea.  Let me know if there is anything my agency and I can do to help
Netamer

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:49:44 PM

You can have a live price ticker as an addon for any Smartwatch.
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

That is neat, and I think you can find a market for these watches if only right here in the Bitcoin community. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention and one never knows when one might need to quickly check the current price of Bitcoin while out shopping.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:39:16 AM

It's good... but it could be MUCH better - like a digital watch that will also show the current market price of bitcoin on the screen. Now THAT would be legit. It could synchronize with wifi.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 03:46:18 AM

Why not just make a BTC Wallet App for Android Wear? That seems like a much more feasible idea and opens up a whole new market.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:35:35 AM

Why not just make a BTC Wallet App for Android Wear? That seems like a much more feasible idea and opens up a whole new market.

I think this is just more for the novelty of having a Bitcoin watch. Like having a t-shirt or something. Making something for a smartwatch would be a totally different project I think.
Netamer

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:38:28 PM

I think this is just more for the novelty of having a Bitcoin watch. Like having a t-shirt or something. Making something for a smartwatch would be a totally different project I think.

Well there are already smart watches sold for $50 so if you want to make something worth less than that you will have small margins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: