Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:24:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: physical BTC for fiat?  (Read 677 times)
superfrank (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:20:12 PM

I unfortunately need to sell my BTC coin for USD in the next month. I am a bit scared though, as I dont exactly know the safest way to do this. Do I still want to use an escrow service? I thought I had read of a couple that didnt want to do this sort transaction, is this correct? I want to do my homework on this but I am just not sure where to look. Any help would be welcome and appreciated.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:57:50 PM

I unfortunately need to sell my BTC coin for USD in the next month. I am a bit scared though, as I dont exactly know the safest way to do this. Do I still want to use an escrow service? I thought I had read of a couple that didnt want to do this sort transaction, is this correct? I want to do my homework on this but I am just not sure where to look. Any help would be welcome and appreciated.

You can sell them on local bitcoins to someone in your area and you use localbitcoins as a scrow, or you can try selling them in one exchange if they are many, try this exchange ANXPRO
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:04:40 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 08:53:01 PM by haploid23

Safest is through a large exchange, but you'll have to go through the hassle of ID verification because of AML/KYC regulations. Or you can post them for sale on the forums, just make sure you lay out the terms.

How many are you trying to sell and how much? I'd be willing to buy some.

edit: sorry I realized it's a physical bitcoin, which means you can't do it through exchanges.

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:14:48 PM

Using a reputable forum escrow is the safest way to trade here. Don't deal with someone who refuses to use escrow. It's a huge red flag.

Also beware of impersonators. Scammers are signing up with names very similar to people involved in trades and working their scams through PM's. Make sure the person you're conversing with in PM is the same person from the forum thread.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:34:43 PM

BTW, there would probably be more interested physical coin buyers in the goods section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=51.0

Might want to put your item there.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
superfrank (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:20:13 PM

Thanks for the leads! Like I said, I appreciate it!
I'm looking for as much info as my tiny mind can handle so if anyone else has more to add please do.
AnthonyCares

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:49:34 PM

Thanks for the leads! Like I said, I appreciate it!
I'm looking for as much info as my tiny mind can handle so if anyone else has more to add please do.
Just like they told you. You can also just use Localbitcoins with a reputable seller.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: