Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The one law that would bring peace during an Economic Collapse  (Read 3435 times)
EvolutionA2Z (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:13:57 PM

Bring back property rights. Pass a law limiting the amount of homes you can own down to one house per person.

This is the antithesis of property rights.

There are many legit reasons for a person to need to own more then one home; successful children buy a home for their parents and their children, owning rental properties that allow other families to rent and live in that cannot afford to purchase a house, just to name a few.

Property rights would be the protection of property that is owned, and limiting the number of houses that one can own would restrict what people can use their money (property) to purchase.

First off most property owners have created their fortune from Capitalism. We lost capitalism. Now we deal with so many hoops and red tape that it becomes extremely difficult to start anything up. Government got too big and there are too many bureaucrats trying to justify their jobs that all they do all day is pass more laws. There are zero legit reasons for someone needing to own more then one house. If you buy your friends and family houses then you don't own more than one house. If you pass this law all families will be able to afford one house because owning will be cheaper then renting now. Your rent pays that landlords mortgage. If prices come down then the mortgage payment goes down.

You aren't getting it... It's nobodies business how many houses I or anyone else owns... If I own too many houses that I can't keep up with them then they will likely be lost under adverse possession by squatters...

Why must a person establish a "need" to buy something? Who holds that power over the head of a citizen in our Constitutional Republic? There are massive problems, but your proposed solution would make things much worse.

Here is what I get. Allowing someone to own more the one house is slowly bringing us to Feudalism. Landlords with multiple homes hire property management companies to do the work for them, so that they don't have to take care of them.

The reason why people "need" to buy a house is so that everyone has the opportunity to buy shelter. This makes things better not worse. People that own homes care a lot more about their property then renters. Most renters don't do renovations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spiceminer15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:27:18 PM

freedom and liberty is what brings prosperity. not limp wristed do gooders who are paving the road to hell with their good intentions
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:46:19 PM

Bring back property rights. Pass a law limiting the amount of homes you can own down to one house per person.

This is the antithesis of property rights.

There are many legit reasons for a person to need to own more then one home; successful children buy a home for their parents and their children, owning rental properties that allow other families to rent and live in that cannot afford to purchase a house, just to name a few.

Property rights would be the protection of property that is owned, and limiting the number of houses that one can own would restrict what people can use their money (property) to purchase.

First off most property owners have created their fortune from Capitalism. We lost capitalism. Now we deal with so many hoops and red tape that it becomes extremely difficult to start anything up. Government got too big and there are too many bureaucrats trying to justify their jobs that all they do all day is pass more laws. There are zero legit reasons for someone needing to own more then one house. If you buy your friends and family houses then you don't own more than one house. If you pass this law all families will be able to afford one house because owning will be cheaper then renting now. Your rent pays that landlords mortgage. If prices come down then the mortgage payment goes down.

You aren't getting it... It's nobodies business how many houses I or anyone else owns... If I own too many houses that I can't keep up with them then they will likely be lost under adverse possession by squatters...

Why must a person establish a "need" to buy something? Who holds that power over the head of a citizen in our Constitutional Republic? There are massive problems, but your proposed solution would make things much worse.

Here is what I get. Allowing someone to own more the one house is slowly bringing us to Feudalism. Landlords with multiple homes hire property management companies to do the work for them, so that they don't have to take care of them.

The reason why people "need" to buy a house is so that everyone has the opportunity to buy shelter. This makes things better not worse. People that own homes care a lot more about their property then renters. Most renters don't do renovations.
Nah nah. In feudalism, the king owned all land (and all the people). Todays erosion of right to ownership of land is the problem. Eminent domain, government owns some resources on your land anyway (oil, metals), zoning, building restrictions in general, land tax (you don't own it if you have to pay rent to somebody). This is the new feudalism, and it is creeping closer.

EvolutionA2Z (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

I don't know why everyone says renting is cheaper. Then what? Renting a hotel? Renting a campsite? The reason why you pay more when you own....is because you get to keep it.

If there is an economic collapse the housing bubble will pop, and values will plummet making it affordable for renters to buy.

What happens to bitcoiners if the gov bans it? We loose. We made a bad investment. What happens to speculators betting on a housing bubble? They loose. Hedge accordingly.

If a landlord had to sell or give his friends or family his extra houses then I think he has bigger problems on the horizon.

You should listen "to this crap." I'm trying to stop the pitchforks from coming. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014.html#.U78jmhYZgcg

Tell me again why YOU need more then one house?
EvolutionA2Z (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

freedom and liberty is what brings prosperity. not limp wristed do gooders who are paving the road to hell with their good intentions

Freedom, liberty and cheap energy brought us prosperity. We hit cheap peak oil in 01. Explain to me again why every man, woman and child having shelter over their head is the road to hell. Money is not the root of all evil. It is the greed for money that is. So explain to me again why the greed of making money on renters is the path to heaven and why any person needs more then one house?
spiceminer15

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:26:23 AM

Freedom, liberty and cheap energy brought us prosperity. We hit cheap peak oil in 01. Explain to me again why every man, woman and child having shelter over their head is the road to hell. Money is not the root of all evil. It is the greed for money that is. So explain to me again why the greed of making money on renters is the path to heaven and why any person needs more then one house?

man you got some serious problems. everyone having a home is not evil, stealing other peoples stuff and giving it to someone else is evil. get a grip on reality
EvolutionA2Z (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:06:16 AM

man you got some serious problems. everyone having a home is not evil, stealing other peoples stuff and giving it to someone else is evil. get a grip on reality

I don't have any serious problems but thanks for your concern. Its not stealing. You get to sell it. You get the going rate for it. And as I said before, your just renting that land from our country, you can't steal something from someone when they don't own it. I have a very good grip on reality. I live on a finite planet with finite resources with a growing population of over 7 billion people.

There were a lot of angry people when humans got the right to vote. Rich people thought they deserved more than one vote. They thought other people were subhuman and didn't deserve those rights back then just like there will be naysayers saying not everyone deserves one home today.
spiceminer15

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:07:59 AM

I don't have any serious problems but thanks for your concern. Its not stealing. You get to sell it. You get the going rate for it. And as I said before, your just renting that land from our country, you can't steal something from someone when they don't own. I have a very good grip on reality. I live on a finite planet with finite resources with a growing population of over 7 billion people.

There were a lot of angry people when humans got the right to vote. Rich people thought they deserved more than one vote. They thought other people were subhuman and didn't deserve those rights back then just like there will be naysayers saying not everyone deserves one home today.

stealing is wrong mmmkay, forcing people to do things they don't want to do is wrong. get it?

you shouldn't have more than one computer. you should give the rest to all the little kiddies in Africa who have no computers Sad. why would you need more than one?
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:17:29 AM

I don't know why everyone says renting is cheaper. Then what? Renting a hotel? Renting a campsite? The reason why you pay more when you own....is because you get to keep it.

If there is an economic collapse the housing bubble will pop, and values will plummet making it affordable for renters to buy.

What happens to bitcoiners if the gov bans it? We loose. We made a bad investment. What happens to speculators betting on a housing bubble? They loose. Hedge accordingly.

If a landlord had to sell or give his friends or family his extra houses then I think he has bigger problems on the horizon.

You should listen "to this crap." I'm trying to stop the pitchforks from coming. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014.html#.U78jmhYZgcg

Tell me again why YOU need more then one house?

The point is that noone have to anwer to you for their choices.
EvolutionA2Z (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:24:13 AM

I don't have any serious problems but thanks for your concern. Its not stealing. You get to sell it. You get the going rate for it. And as I said before, your just renting that land from our country, you can't steal something from someone when they don't own. I have a very good grip on reality. I live on a finite planet with finite resources with a growing population of over 7 billion people.

stealing is wrong mmmkay, forcing people to do things they don't want to do is wrong. get it?

you shouldn't have more than one computer. you should give the rest to all the little kiddies in Africa who have no computers Sad. why would you need more than one?

Yeah stealing is wrong. I don't like having 50% of my pay check stolen from me. get it? What we should do though is invade more countries. Thats not forcing anyone to do what we want. get it?

As for your one computer idea. Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:25:01 AM

It is not the road to hell (to have shelter), but making it an entitlement is the same as taking from some by force to give to some others, and that is the road to hell. It is also a guarantee that the goal is not reached.

Think about shoes - everyone should be entitled to have a pair. But wait - they have. The entrepreneurs of the free market, the workers in the free market, and the capitalists in the free market have voluntarily cooperated to give everybody just as many shoes as they want and are willing to pay for.

It works also in housing. Why should it not?

spiceminer15

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:29:26 AM

Yeah stealing is wrong. I don't like having 50% of my pay check stolen from me. get it? What we should do though is invade more countries. Thats not forcing anyone to do what we want. get it?

As for your one computer idea. Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

so your solution to tyrannical government, is more tyrannical government. interesting idea.

maybe you should work towards liberty, if people didn't have to pay more taxes and figure out all these regulations. there would be so much wealth around, no one would be worrying about not having a house
spiceminer15

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:30:45 AM

It is not the road to hell (to have shelter), but making it an entitlement is the same as taking from some by force to give to some others, and that is the road to hell. It is also a guarantee that the goal is not reached.

Think about shoes - everyone should be entitled to have a pair. But wait - they have. The entrepreneurs of the free market, the workers in the free market, and the capitalists in the free market have voluntarily cooperated to give everybody just as many shoes as they want and are willing to pay for.

It works also in housing. Why should it not?

we all know why housing is so expensive, it is regulated to the extreme. and taxed to the extreme. the government wants poor people, because poor people depend on it, they need it, and they vote for it
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:30:48 AM

I don't have any serious problems but thanks for your concern. Its not stealing. You get to sell it. You get the going rate for it. And as I said before, your just renting that land from our country, you can't steal something from someone when they don't own it. I have a very good grip on reality. I live on a finite planet with finite resources with a growing population of over 7 billion people.

Study the effects of your plan where it is currently tested, in Venezuela. They just enacted a law that renters (having rented more than three years) were entitled to buy their apartments. Violence applied to those who resisted. Other laws, just as stupid, to abridge the market anywhere. Man, they lack tvs, medicine, food, water, electricity, toilet paper and coffins.
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:36:21 AM

Study the effects of your plan where it is currently tested, in Venezuela. They just enacted a law that renters (having rented more than three years) were entitled to buy their apartments. Violence applied to those who resisted. Other laws, just as stupid, to abridge the market anywhere. Man, they lack tvs, medicine, food, water, electricity, toilet paper and coffins.

Economic law and consequence will eventually repel the stupid law.

EvolutionA2Z (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:49:16 AM

so your solution to tyrannical government, is more tyrannical government. interesting idea.

maybe you should work towards liberty, if people didn't have to pay more taxes and figure out all these regulations. there would be so much wealth around, no one would be worrying about not having a house

Its order out of chaos. Its one law. Drop most the others. People will need somewhere to grow food. A mans home is his castle. A place of his own to defend. Yes I do work towards liberty. And yes I agree, if there were less regulations there would be so much more wealth around, no one would be worrying about not having a house. The problem is, if we go back to liberty and capitalism everyone will start having a lot of kids again. They will be able to afford them. Then our grandchildren and great grandchildren will run into the same problems. Because the cycle is approximately every 80 years.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:08:00 AM

Its order out of chaos. Its one law. Drop most the others. People will need somewhere to grow food. A mans home is his castle. A place of his own to defend. Yes I do work towards liberty. And yes I agree, if there were less regulations there would be so much more wealth around, no one would be worrying about not having a house. The problem is, if we go back to liberty and capitalism everyone will start having a lot of kids again. They will be able to afford them. Then our grandchildren and great grandchildren will run into the same problems. Because the cycle is approximately every 80 years.

Why not try to break that cycle? To envision it is the start. Maybe it is possible, maybe not.
dogecoinshop

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

We are teaching bizs about Crypto daily. #askastor

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:10:58 AM

my tank is going to be the most peaceful place on the block gotta luv NV/UT. TANKS FOR SALE This T-54 Runs great, has fresh paint inside & out , nice condition & comes with several simulated projectiles. It is currently painted dessert Tan from the Gulf War period.BTC180.5 delivered lower 48.runs working fire mech great tubes shells avail.

EvolutionA2Z (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:24:02 AM

https://news.vice.com/article/will-venezuela-become-a-no-fly-country-if-it-defaults-on-its-airline-debt

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as-venezuelas-maduro-confronts-economic-crisis-pragmatism-is-a-risky-path/2014/07/05/2a654f10-c326-4201-a892-3538f85cf65d_story.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2014/02/20/cheap-gasoline-why-venezuela-is-doomed-to-collapse/3/

From what I can find and from what I have read in the past, a one house policy has nothing to do with Venezuela defaulting. It was bad economic policies, corruption and entitlement to so many government subsidies that led to it. Socialism only works until you run out of other peoples money.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:28:31 AM

https://news.vice.com/article/will-venezuela-become-a-no-fly-country-if-it-defaults-on-its-airline-debt

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as-venezuelas-maduro-confronts-economic-crisis-pragmatism-is-a-risky-path/2014/07/05/2a654f10-c326-4201-a892-3538f85cf65d_story.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2014/02/20/cheap-gasoline-why-venezuela-is-doomed-to-collapse/3/

From what I can find and from what I have read in the past, a one house policy has nothing to do with Venezuela defaulting. It was bad economic policies, corruption and entitlement to so many government subsidies that led to it. Socialism only works until you run out of other peoples money.

Good (classical liberal) source on Venezuela:
http://panampost.com/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: