Question: Color options
In for Cardinal Red - 2 (22.2%)
In for Chocolate - 1 (11.1%)
In for Black - 3 (33.3%)
Anything's fine - 3 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New bitcoin shirts  (Read 1957 times)
jwzguy (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:42:44 PM

I just went looking for bitcoin shirts I could buy with bitcoin. I was kind of disappointed - I went through the entire list of shirt places in the wiki and I didn't see anything I was excited about. Squarewear used to have 1 or 2 designs I was ok with (not thrilled.) But it looks like they've mostly quit selling. A lot of these places want 20$ a shirt, sometimes that doesn't include shipping. With custom shirt design available at a gazillion places, I can't stomach that.

So I found a place that uses my favorite type of t-shirt to print on (extremely soft 100% cotton) and seems to have decent bulk printing costs.

I'm not willing to pay 50$ for 2 shirts just for myself, but if enough people are interested, we can get the price down to under 10$ a shirt, and then I will find the cheapest shipping I can - 5$ would be worst case, because that's flat rate priority. I think 3$ would be a safe bet.

So the deal is - pitch in with me and you get the shirt at cost. 0% markup.

Here's my design on 2 colors. If you are interested, let me know which color you like, (or black) and your size, and we can go from there.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 09:44:29 PM

Thanks for the positive responses guys...remember to send me your shirt size if you didn't PM me and please vote in the poll if you only PM'd me. Thanks!
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:21:52 AM

International shipping possible?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:26:45 AM

omgsougly.

Please come up with a better design than that.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:23:50 PM

omgsougly.

I'd love a design with the phrase "to the moon!"
jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:27:58 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 03:45:59 PM by jwzguy

omgsougly.

Thanks for making sure not to be constructive whatsoever with your unsolicited negative feedback.
jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:31:41 PM

International shipping possible?

Sure, via priority mail. Just be aware that USPS just jacked up their prices a few weeks ago by quite a bit. Look at the quote for priority flat rate envelope from the US to your country on www.usps.gov.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

omgsougly.

Thanks for making sure not to be constructive whatsoever with your unsolicited negative feedback.

Well.. it looks like done in ms paint in 60s :/

Signature space available for rent.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:14:42 PM

omgsougly.

Well.. it looks like done in ms paint in 60s :/

Yup.

jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:53:41 PM

It was designed in the basic java editing software that pretty much every custom t-shirt company uses on their website. But really, who cares what it was designed in? Their editor is perfectly capable of putting a logo and some text centered on a shirt, which was all I wanted. This is the silliest criticism I have ever heard.

If you don't want one, it's as easy as STFU.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:29:49 PM

It was designed in the basic java editing software that pretty much every custom t-shirt company uses on their website. But really, who cares what it was designed in?

Doesn't really matter what was used to design it - IMVHO only the effect counts.
You actually can use Paint to make some awesome stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7JHQMDO-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8-gAnDw-7k&feature=related

This is the silliest criticism I have ever heard.

Hmmm judging from your recent posts it appears that you take everything very personally.
We are just expressing our opinions here, if you offer something you have to expect to receive a wide range of opinions.
Don't want them? Don't post, post something better or if you're only using forums to communicate - hit Ignore.

Signature space available for rent.
jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:37:41 PM

I don't of a less combative way to say this: I didn't ask for your opinion in this thread. It's meant to organize a group buy. By posting inane insults about the design software, you're just being disruptive. What did you expect to accomplish other than a negative reaction?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:38:15 PM

Hmmm judging from your recent posts it appears that you take everything very personally.
We are just expressing our opinions here, if you offer something you have to expect to receive a wide range of opinions.
Don't want them? Don't post, post something better or if you're only using forums to communicate hear what you want to hear - hit Ignore.

FTFY.

I don't of a less combative way to say this: I didn't ask for your opinion in this thread. It's meant to organize a group buy. By posting inane insults about the design software, you're just being disruptive. What did you expect to accomplish other than a negative reaction?

TL;DR:

By criticizing things, we are giving you-- the apparently unaware-- the clue you so desperately need. Get the clue. Use it. Come back with something that doesn't suck. Rejoice together in the mutual raising of the bar. Yay. Evolution.

jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:45:34 PM

By criticizing things, we are giving you-- the apparently unaware-- the clue you so desperately need. Get the clue. Use it. Come back with something that doesn't suck. Rejoice together in the mutual raising of the bar. Yay. Evolution.
Actually, no. By saying "your design sucks" all you're doing is being a dick.

If you said, "I like how you started, but why not make [insert change here]" then although your criticism was still unsolicited, it wouldn't be offensive. Maybe I'd be willing to accommodate you if everyone else who has expressed interest agreed with what you suggested. But all you did was say "your design sucks." OK? That's the most useless criticism you can possibly give.

It's fairly simple - if not enough people want a shirt with this design, then I won't bother making a print order. I never stated I was trying to make the perfect bitcoin shirt to please everyone. I'm not even trying to make a profit - I just wanted to lower the cost for a design I liked for myself.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:48:41 PM

It's fairly simple - if not enough people want a shirt with this design, then I won't bother making a print order. I never stated I was trying to make the perfect bitcoin shirt to please everyone.

Fair enough, and excellent point.

If you said, "I like how you started, but why not make [insert change here]" then although your criticism was still unsolicited, it wouldn't be offensive. Maybe I'd be willing to accommodate you if everyone else who has expressed interest agreed with what you suggested. But all you did was say "your design sucks." OK? That's the most useless criticism you can possibly give.

Let's start over.

These tshirt designs make me want to reach through the internet and skullfuck the designer.

They are crappy, low quality, grade A-SS. The logo is not a logo, the text is not even aliased, colors are all mismatched (as is quality, shading, etc).

I wouldn't buy this tshirt at a yard sale to give to my dog to wash dishes with (my dog can wash dishes).

Why don't you have someone who has skill create a new design for you, then put that on a tshirt (even though anyone in the world can do this at coffeepress or any other ripoff site on their own).

Peace

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:57:03 PM

I think you need some catchy Bitcoin related phrases like Gabriel Biel had/has on his site SquareWear.biz.

Mousepotato
jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:06:42 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 08:19:16 PM by jwzguy

These tshirt designs make me want to reach through the internet and skullfuck the designer.

They are crappy, low quality, grade A-SS. The logo is not a logo, the text is not even aliased, colors are all mismatched (as is quality, shading, etc).

I wouldn't buy this tshirt at a yard sale to give to my dog to wash dishes with (my dog can wash dishes).

Why don't you have someone who has skill create a new design for you, then put that on a tshirt (even though anyone in the world can do this at coffeepress or any other ripoff site on their own).

Peace

How about you start over with an apology for derailing what should have been a very simple thread?

Why don't I pay someone else to design a new bitcoin logo? Why don't you? This one has been used a lot and I think it's fine. If you don't, DON'T BUY THIS SHIRT. Do you think I emailed every bitcoin shirt company to insult their designs when I couldn't find one I liked? Holy shit Matthew!

All I wanted to do is buy a bitcoin shirt with a large visible logo and some text giving a clue as to what it is. 90% of the things you are bitching about aren't even relevant - the design software online is just to give an idea of how the shirt will look - it's not an exact representation, it's a MOCK UP for christ's sake. They're not going to print up my "non-aliased text."

If you care this much about this lack of a decent shirt situation,  and aren't happy with what I've done - why don't you make your OWN effort and leave me and my poor little group order out of it?

For all you guys voting in the poll - I don't have PM's with shirt sizes from all of you. I don't have your contact info. I won't be proceeding any farther until I do...but actually, despite all this assholish nonsense in the thread, we almost have enough people to get the price under 10$. So please get in touch if you're serious.
jwzguy (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:15:18 PM

I think you need some catchy Bitcoin related phrases like Gabriel Biel had/has on his site SquareWear.biz.

No offense to him, but I didn't really like any of his shirts, and now he only has 1 for sale.

If you have a better phrase in mind, and me using it would mean you would want a shirt, and everyone else currently interested would still want a shirt, I'm completely open to it.

Just keep in mind, I'm trying not make a fashion statement or start a T-shirt company - I wanted a shirt I could use to promote bitcoin that I didn't hate, and I couldn't find one, so I just put the logo from wikimedia with a line that made it clear it was a way to make payments. Somehow, people have a problem with this.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:25:32 PM

Peace

Matthew, Matthew,Matthew...

For someone who is busy on so many projects - you sure do have a lot of excess time to read every thread from every corner of the forum and find something bad to say ( with quite a foul mouth). You don't want this T shirt? Just move on or if you have to say something- try to be a little less hyperactive in your comments. I know you have contributed lots to bitcoin and this forum, but man...take it easy Smiley

And yes , I did order your magazine on the 1st day it was up for sale....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 08:50:05 AM

Matthew, Matthew,Matthew...

Yes lover?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print