Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the BEST way to buy bitcoins with Paypal?  (Read 6765 times)
TrinM (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:04:14 AM

Hello everyone, what is the absolute best and safest way to buy. BTC with Paypal? Also which site doesn't ask for documents and gives crazy headaches?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinverse

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 12:35:01 AM

I'm not certain there is a safe way to SELL bitcoin with paypal. That's why it's hard to purchase it with paypal. Sellers have gotten screwed out of their rightful payment and their bitcoin by paypal's policies on disputes (which always seem to favor the buyer in bitcoin transactions).

Basically selling btc with paypal = lose your coins & never get paid. I'm not saying you're a scammer, but so many have been burned that it's a significant risk to the seller. If you did a successful transaction on paypal involving btc, consider yourself lucky.

Buy local, in person, with cash & buy the seller a beer. =)

cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:31:36 AM

I'm selling bitcoins in my country, and some guys wanted to buy with Paypal, but i refused, even they offered me 5% more, but it's not safe. The reason is simple, Paypal transactions can be reversed.

Bitcoin is DEAD
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:26:41 PM

I remember btc-e offered this option in the past, however I don't think they offer it anymore.
You could try localbitcoins and look for a reputable seller.

Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:45:00 PM

It's dangerous to buy Bitcoins with Paypal, I would not do it.

Radix - just imagine
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 06:47:54 PM

Hello everyone, what is the absolute best and safest way to buy. BTC with Paypal? Also which site doesn't ask for documents and gives crazy headaches?

Safe for you, but risky for the seller. With your reputation, you won't find anyone here that will accept paypal payment from you. There are no sites that directly accept paypal for btc. Either find another payment method, or gain a lot more trust.

Mikez

Activity: 508

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:21:42 PM

Also, OP, there are plenty of viable/less risky ways of buying BTC, other than Paypal. Why limit yourself to Paypal?

theone1e

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:56:14 AM

now btce dont support paypal.
bitbaby

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:10:58 AM

Well as unsafe it is I see a lot of people selling for paypal right here on the forum, I don't know why but they usually trade with reputed members or use escrow.  After how many days does a paypal payment can't be reversed?

Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:35:50 AM

In the past, I bought with paypal on ebay twice, but in small amount.
Wait for seller list it.
haploid23
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:49:36 AM

Well as unsafe it is I see a lot of people selling for paypal right here on the forum, I don't know why but they usually trade with reputed members or use escrow.  After how many days does a paypal payment can't be reversed?

Only reputable members deal with paypal (or at least reputable member paying out in paypal. You don't actually need high reputation to accept paypal), but I've seen newbs dealing with newbs in paypal, and it usually ends with one of them getting scammed.

Also escrow won't do much for a paypal transaction. It can still be reversed with or without escrow. Paypal's term is 45 days for their official system, but if they're about to lose money, they will extend it much longer. If payed with credit card through paypal, it can be even longer than 6 months, depending on how the scammer works it out with the fraud department.

bitbaby

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:58:24 AM

Only reputable members deal with paypal (or at least reputable member paying out in paypal. You don't actually need high reputation to accept paypal), but I've seen newbs dealing with newbs in paypal, and it usually ends with one of them getting scammed.

Also escrow won't do much for a paypal transaction. It can still be reversed with or without escrow. Paypal's term is 45 days for their official system, but if they're about to lose money, they will extend it much longer. If payed with credit card through paypal, it can be even longer than 6 months, depending on how the scammer works it out with the fraud department.

But let's say someone is dealing with paypal to buy/sell bitcoins, after how many days of receiving payment through paypal one can be sure that it cannot be reversed?

And OP, try this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=670349.0;topicseen

Since you're buying, I don't see any problems for you in trying any service, if you don't get your coins you can always ask for chargeback.

Pony789

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:10:49 PM

I haven't used it myself, but from what I heard and read here, Virwox is a reliable site for you to buy bitcoin with paypal. Smiley

ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:24:31 PM

Purchasing bitcoin with paypal is always safe for the purchaser...not so much for the person selling to him.  Risk of chargebacks far too high for most people to want to sell BTC for paypal without some sort of significant risk-fee thrown in.  Good luck to you though.

Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:02:25 AM

The person sending the paypal needs to be reputable in order for the trade to make any kind of sense as they are the one who could potentially reverse the transaction. Even if the paypal sender is reputable, the person sending the bitcoin (receiving the paypal) is taking a huge risk as you really never know what could happen with your counter-party.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:07:34 AM

You can buy BTC with Paypal on Virwox, but the fees are high and your starting limits will be pretty low. I don't really recommend it. You could find reputable sellers on LocalBitcoins, but you'd probably pay a hefty premium, even if you have some level of reputation.

Harley997

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:11:09 AM

You can buy BTC with Paypal on Virwox, but the fees are high and your starting limits will be pretty low. I don't really recommend it. You could find reputable sellers on LocalBitcoins, but you'd probably pay a hefty premium, even if you have some level of reputation.
I don't think many/any traders on LBC will accept paypal for payment as the long term risk to them is simply too high.

Virwox does work for using paypal to buy bitcoin but the high fees make it so it really doens't make sense. Your best bet would really be to simply withdraw your BTC to your bank account and deal with someone locally.

PRIMEDICE
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:32:03 AM

I don't think many/any traders on LBC will accept paypal for payment as the long term risk to them is simply too high.

Virwox does work for using paypal to buy bitcoin but the high fees make it so it really doens't make sense. Your best bet would really be to simply withdraw your BTC to your bank account and deal with someone locally.

I don't know where you're looking on LBC, but there's definitely traders who take Paypal. But like I said, the premium is hefty and not worth it. I agree, best to either withdraw to bank account to use cash locally, or to send cash to an exchange.

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:54:15 AM

One way I see users getting bitcoin using paypal is buying cex.io vouchers on ebay then selling the vouchers for btc and then of course withdrawing the bitcoins.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Harley997

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:18:52 AM

I don't know where you're looking on LBC, but there's definitely traders who take Paypal. But like I said, the premium is hefty and not worth it. I agree, best to either withdraw to bank account to use cash locally, or to send cash to an exchange.
I am looking right now and I don't even see the option to buy via Paypal, only "other online"

Do you have any links to a few traders that accept paypal that you can see?

PRIMEDICE
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: