Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:28:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asic for 1/2 a bitcoin?  (Read 866 times)
gigalew (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:53:13 AM

I was thinking of cashing out my cex.io and buying a rig. My budget is .50 btc.
What is the best thing i can get for that, asic scypt seems more bang for the buck, but I would appreciate other opinions
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:11:02 AM

Just check out these other threads.  In the last month at least 4 new small asic miners were released.  Now is a perfect time to get away from Cex.io and enjoy your hobby at home.  The Antminer S3 is just over your btc limit and hashes at about 460gh/s.  BtcGarden released their miner hashing at 310 gh/s and is at your price range.  These miners are about twice as efficient as earlier models.  Rockminer has the r-box which you could buy several to play around with or use for solo mining. Roll Eyes
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 05:47:53 PM

I was thinking of cashing out my cex.io and buying a rig. My budget is .50 btc.
What is the best thing i can get for that, asic scypt seems more bang for the buck, but I would appreciate other opinions
Used S1s, Rockminer Rboxes, Gridseed orbs, furies, USB miners...

The scrypt miners are really pretty much in their infancy.  Gridseed only produced the first orbs a few months ago.  Since then, a ton of options have come out, and many more are in the works.

At any rate, with a budget of 0.5BTC you're not going to get a whole lot, but there are still items to choose.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: