Print  
Author Topic: ..  (Read 3129 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 06:54:44 AM

I think the tipping point for payment availability will come soon after Silicon Valley and Seattle retailers start accepting BTC for payment. The tech industry needs to lead the acceptance among retailers.

Silicon valley is already pretty involved in BTC businesses. A lot of the VC money is going to and from there

That's true, however retailers are the key to widespread use by consumers. Paypal, Apple, Amazon all need to get on board. Yahoo's move to include BTC in it's stock ticker listings is a big move, especially since now you can add that ticker to your stock listings on your iPhone (since Apple uses Yahoo's stock ticker listings.) The VCs see the potential but consumers aren't influenced by VCs, they're influenced by seeing "Bitcoin Accepted!" in their brick and mortar and online stores.

Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:35:16 AM

I think the tipping point for payment availability will come soon after Silicon Valley and Seattle retailers start accepting BTC for payment. The tech industry needs to lead the acceptance among retailers.

Silicon valley is already pretty involved in BTC businesses. A lot of the VC money is going to and from there

That's true, however retailers are the key to widespread use by consumers. Paypal, Apple, Amazon all need to get on board. Yahoo's move to include BTC in it's stock ticker listings is a big move, especially since now you can add that ticker to your stock listings on your iPhone (since Apple uses Yahoo's stock ticker listings.) The VCs see the potential but consumers aren't influenced by VCs, they're influenced by seeing "Bitcoin Accepted!" in their brick and mortar and online stores.

This will all happen eventually.

Check out reddit.com/r/bitcoin and how much good news is appearing on a daily basis for btc and the acceptance of it. This is still the start, people. Even though btc is 5 years in, 95% of the population have never heard of it.

Hold like you've never held before. Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 07:43:33 AM

the price hits $10,000

I have made that commitment to myself and intend to honour it (or go down firing from all cylinders)
This might be just enough for me to sell off 1 BTC and enjoy myself a few days.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 07:49:24 AM

Wait until the whole financial system turns to ashes, right now the only thing holding the dollar is the fed printing insane quantity of bogus money, same goes for the euro, the yen is already a walking dead and is worth virtually shit.

Christine Lagarde from the, the IMF repeteadly spoke her intention of a the Global Financial Reset, which means life insurances, savings and so on will be globally stolen, just like Cyprus.

Remember what Cyprus crisis have done to BTC price ?and  it's not even the population of a small  us state. Just imagine that shit happening to Japan which i repeat is already a walking dead, France, Spain, or worst, at the scale of a whole currency like euro

When that shit happens, you wish you hadnt sell at 10K, i'm not selling anything if i don't need anything. I 'm not touching it until it happens, my best course would be to buy more, and diversify my portfolio with promising  Alt coins.  

i dont give to shit about selling  my future for a currency that is already dead and burried.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:21:06 AM

hehe their is quite a lot of people to visit right ?

......it reaches $10k.

At that point I ll quit my job and go visit every single asshole who s been laughing at me talking big about Bitcoin all these years.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:43:47 AM

I'm not selling it nor use it to buy something but i kept betting on games Cheesy

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Qsquegg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:47:26 AM

For me, selling my (rather small) stash would be suicide - Bitcoin's survived its initial growing pains and come out intact, so why on earth people would want to decrease their stake at this point is beyond me. As for when to start selling, maybe once the government-bitcoin jousting tournament is over and people are at least talking sense - at the moment there's too much stubbornness around.
fanbeiman

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:13:46 AM

only spending what's capable of being purchased in BTC without first converting to fiat?
JimClone

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:25:42 AM

im not selling because i havent got any !
begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:31:17 AM

I'm not selling my BTC until BTC over $10000 Grin Grin Grin
Spayse

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:34:03 AM

I want to play some dice games.

[EAGS] EagsCurrency - Be Part of Something New with Unique Plans! - Get your Free Share Now! - ends Jan. 27
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:01:32 PM

...Until I have enough to use it to fund my own traveling like that one family did. Though the way things are going, I might actually get a decent price for it by the time that happens. Tongue
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:10:47 PM

Hello !

According to some post on the forum, this month (July) BTC should hit already $2000, but in fact this brave coin still struggle around $600  Sad

I think the right question is: when BTC will hit $10,000? One month, one year, 10 years ??

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
leanne

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:23:11 PM

it's like the old phrase "when are you going to sell your BTC?" - "when the time has come, i won't have to sell them for fiat anymore"...
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:23:46 PM

For me, this is the new gold standard. I am nearly 75% liquid asset invested in BTC.[...]The day I can walk into Whole Foods and buy food will be the day I put the other 25% of my money into BTC.

I do the exact same thing.
Because of the inflation in my country ...
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:43:01 PM

I have almost all of my liquid assets in crypto currency. I will not sell either, though I invest in not just Bitcoin. I also invest in other crypto coins.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:15:29 PM

I'm not selling until I have some serious BTC!
You probably already have some serious btc wealth, the world just hasn't figured out how valuable your holdings truly are, yet. They will, if you're patient.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:24:13 PM

i wait price going drop down and use all of my money to buy it and holding for a longgg timee  Tongue
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

i wait price going drop down and use all of my money to buy it and holding for a longgg timee  Tongue

It must suck to have 144k of your coins stolen from you! Wink
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:01:14 PM

Im already paying bills with BTC.... well... one bill... would want more, cheapest easiest international payment ever
day when i will buy food and drinks with bitcoin will be huge (aiport drinks with one universal currency)

btw u risk a lot with 70% assets i have in bitcoin around 8%
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: