Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:11:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S2 problems  (Read 2068 times)
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:35:30 AM

Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 08-00-27-00-F0-81
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3478:6d11:adf7:d015%15(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.56.1(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 419954727
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-9A-02-22-D8-D3-85-32-AD-62

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
                                       fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
                                       fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Just disable the virtual box for a while, you will enable it later, when everything will work for you. Just to be sure, that nothing is messing with your network.

Hold CTRL+PRT SC on your keyboard, with the LAN settings page open in your browser. Then open any image processing software, like MS PAINT. Paste, then save. Upload to imgur or pasteimg and link it here.
Grayson5 (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:40:06 PM

OK....a bit of progress.

If I connect the S2 directly to my PC via the ethernet cable I can use 192.168.1.99 to get to the main miner page.  The only other page I can access is the Network page and all entries (except the protocol dropdown) are blank.

I enter in all the information and hit "Save and Apply" and it says it is saving the configuration, but the page comes back blank.

Anyone every get this?  Is there a way to get to the specific data files to enter in the network information?

I feel like I might be getting closer.  If I can access the miner via the ethernet port than at least that seems to indicate that it is not shorted out.  I guess the reason it is not attaching to the network is because there is no network information.

I did try the reset button but that didn't work.
psahx

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:01:47 PM

OK....a bit of progress.

If I connect the S2 directly to my PC via the ethernet cable I can use 192.168.1.99 to get to the main miner page.  The only other page I can access is the Network page and all entries (except the protocol dropdown) are blank.

I enter in all the information and hit "Save and Apply" and it says it is saving the configuration, but the page comes back blank.

Anyone every get this?  Is there a way to get to the specific data files to enter in the network information?

I feel like I might be getting closer.  If I can access the miner via the ethernet port than at least that seems to indicate that it is not shorted out.  I guess the reason it is not attaching to the network is because there is no network information.

I did try the reset button but that didn't work.

Your S2s are OK, and their Network adapters too. Your problem is with your NEW router. You need to configure it properly.

If you want to get help, provide your routers settings, as asked before. Otherwise I am not willing to participate in philosophical debates about connecting to the host, when there is no connection at all...

Cheers!
Grayson5 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:21:53 PM

Thanks.  Here are the settings.

I tried to get to the S2 with the direct connect again and I think the page I was actually accessing before was cached on my PC.  I tried a different PC and I could get to the miner.

Here are the config screens.  Let me know if you need more info....

http://grayson5h.squarespace.com/storage/programfiles/screen1.jpg

http://grayson5h.squarespace.com/storage/programfiles/screen2.jpg

http://grayson5h.squarespace.com/storage/programfiles/screen3.jpg

http://grayson5h.squarespace.com/storage/programfiles/screen4.jpg

http://grayson5h.squarespace.com/storage/programfiles/screen5.jpg
psahx

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:30:33 PM

It seems to me, that everything is fine with your router. Please check also, if there is a setting, configuring maximum allowed connections to your router. I have seen some routers having 10 by default.

Do a DNS flush by typing ipconfig /flushdns in CMD

After that, try to connect one miner at a time, starting with not working ones. Try to swap cables, use known working cables. Even reboot your router, before connecting S2.

Let me know what you observe.

P.S. Why do not you update your router's firmware to the latest one?
Grayson5 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:38:54 PM

I am finally back up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the beaglebone on all 3 S2's.  I ordered new boards from Bitmain and installed them today and problem solved.

I guess the moral to the story is that the beaglebone's are very susceptible to lightning strike via ethernet.  This also was the problem with my Terraminer.

Just happy to be back up and running instead of looking at all the hardware sitting idle.

Thanks to everyone here who helped!
psahx

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:51:20 PM

Congrats!!!

Happy to hear that. Have a nice hashing Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: