Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Islamic State Really Using Bitcoin?  (Read 2376 times)
cryptocurrencylive (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Live News

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 12:34:33 PM

Is the Islamic State Really Using Bitcoin?

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/is-the-islamic-state-really-using-bitcoin

Crypto Currency Live News

http://cryptocurrencylive.com/newest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:37:05 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 12:49:21 PM by franky1

answer to topic question:
someone or more then one in every country is using bitcoin, but the ISIS bitcoin propaganda only began by words of a single blogger writing a paragraph on a website. not provable words or speeches of a militia

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 12:38:37 PM

No, they've just decided to use Realcoin as it fits better into their ideology.

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:04:21 PM

By the way the media is repeating this supposed call by ISIS to use btc, I'd say its suspicious.  They have had no problem operating thus far without BTC so to me it seems like a way to demonize BTC as it begins to gain acceptance.  The media picks and chooses which stories to blow up, and this is definitely one they picked for a reason to spread everywhere.
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:09:04 PM

i agree
the mainstream media is going to associate bitcoin users with isis and try to kill bitcoin that way

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:19:29 PM

answer to topic question:
someone or more then one in every country is using bitcoin, but the ISIS bitcoin propaganda only began by words of a single blogger writing a paragraph on a website. not provable words or speeches of a militia

I wonder if it is just propoganda? Is the blog 100% a genuine ISIS affiliated site? Anyone can create a blog or website and start peddling their fud. IT wouldn't surprise me if this was just someone with an agenda against bitcoin.
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:22:52 PM

As ISIS never gave any info on this one can only guess are they using it or not. All anyone has on this subject is one blog post....how convinient isn't it?

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:27:11 PM

No.  They have real banks and real currencies.  Sure US and Western Europe might not take their money but the other 150+ countries in the world will.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

By the way the media is repeating this supposed call by ISIS to use btc, I'd say its suspicious.  They have had no problem operating thus far without BTC so to me it seems like a way to demonize BTC as it begins to gain acceptance.  The media picks and chooses which stories to blow up, and this is definitely one they picked for a reason to spread everywhere.

email the media and inform them of the truth. make a video informing people how media is exaggerating about a simple blog post of a single person.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

Speculation passes for hard news these days and weak hands buy right into it. Frankly is doesn't make a lot of sense for a terrorist organization to use bit coin. They would have to convert it to bit coin in order to buy most things and that exposes them to detection. They can use fiat currency pretty anonymously so why even bother with bit coin?

silverthornne

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:40:04 PM

Isn't ISIS an extremely fanatic subset of Muslims? I think that would make them too conservative to use Bitcoin.

jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:46:49 PM

Speculation passes for hard news these days and weak hands buy right into it. Frankly is doesn't make a lot of sense for a terrorist organization to use bit coin. They would have to convert it to bit coin in order to buy most things and that exposes them to detection. They can use fiat currency pretty anonymously so why even bother with bit coin?

Exactly.  Thats really more or less all this is, but its presented as cold hard facts.  Just like the supposed gas attacks in Syria this past fall which the US govt along with the media presented as FACT, when other investigations showed evidence that was contrary to what the US govt was saying.  Yet did they retract their staements and let people know their info may be wrong?  No.  All that matters is that they blast the news to as many people as possible.

Thats what they are doing with anti-bitcoin propaganda.  As long as most people see the "bad" news, thats all they care about, whether its factual or not.
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:48:24 PM

email the media and inform them of the truth. make a video informing people how media is exaggerating about a simple blog post of a single person.

And they will just timple ignore you because that is not interesting to Joe Simple + would they really want to admit to general public that they made a mistake? Doubt it.

mz1000

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:02:00 PM

The Sun said the leader of Isis has one billion in the bank. So if anything it sounds like some Middle Eastern bank is helping fund it.

I couldn't find the article but I did find this:
"Jihadis Loot $429m from City's Central Bank to Make Isis......"
"500 billion Iraqi dinars - the equivalent of $429m (£256m)"
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:02:30 PM

Isis uses Bitcoins.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:05:27 PM

Isn't ISIS an extremely fanatic subset of Muslims? I think that would make them too conservative to use Bitcoin.

no ISIS are not a brand name of a fanatic group. no fanatics, militants of citizens call themselves ISIS.. unlike al-qaeda who name themselves as such ISIS is an american word/invention which stands for

ISLAMIC STATE of IRAQ and SYRIA

this means simply living in the countries of Iraq and Syria, your part of ISIS (in American governments eyes). the key words that needs to be added is 'militia' or 'militants'

dont be afraid of Iraqi's and Syrians, be wary of militants

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:22:56 PM

It doesn't really matter.

I didn't read the whole thing as I don't hold vice in the highest esteem when it comes to matters that require more thought than "Look at this cool thing we're filming". This sensationalism on their part is probably not malicious.

Given enough pressure they'll correct themselves.

Bitcoin is one of those things that are so beneficial to the many that cannot be stopped by a little bad publicity. From when I started using it I can't imagine myself going through all the trouble of banks to do most of my online stuff.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:19:29 PM

Probably not, but what they should do is buy and hold. That way they will loose everything, and the war ends. I have it directly from K
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:10:45 PM

You joke but if anything is actually going to be used to fund terrorism...
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:25:14 PM

You joke but if anything is actually going to be used to fund terrorism...

We want it to be used for everyhing, wertfrei, just like we want the terrorists to use linux.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: