Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brock Pierce's real coin  (Read 1082 times)
TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:36:13 PM

Is there a thread on this yet?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:48:42 PM

Is there a thread on this yet?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683675.0

yes I posted the link theres a some kind of discussion on  realcoin and I dont care if its backed by a dollar since the dollar is worthless, is better to be backed with gold then a fiat currency.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:55:36 PM

real coin will die just like canada govt backed mintchip...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:17:09 AM

I have been saying this. They will just take the btc off the front and put visa usd or pp usd. Private networks will adopt the protocol and drop the actual coins. It will benefit the existing system not replace it.  Cry
BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:43:05 AM

People always ask "What is Bitcoin backed by?" and "What makes Bitcoin valuable?" The answer is never an easy one to pin down. Some say, "it's backed by computer power! Millions of computers!" and some say, "It's backed by the energy used to produce them!" But none of these are correct.

In essence, what gives bitcoin it's value is that it is a viable medium of exchange divorced from any central authority. It is the fact that we can have money that is not a means for some powerful individuals to control the masses. What makes bitcoin valuable is the knowledge that if it becomes usable in the way that we now use the dollar we the people will have won a war of power over the so called "elites" and "rulers" of the world. The fact that Bitcoin frees and gives power to the people by taking it away from any central authority figure, is what really makes it so valuable.

There are other things. Like the ease of use on the internet, the fact that it's world wide, the fact that's deflationary rather than inflationary. All of these things can be replicated in other crypto currencies. The true value is in the promise that it will eliminate the need for central banks and government issued money that can be manipulated and maneuvered in ways that make the masses the slaves to the master's who control the money's whims. Bitcoin makes us our own masters.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Bitcoin eliminates this threat entirely by taking the control away from everybody. There is no single person who can control Bitcoin, it is DECENTRALIZED, and there is the value.

Brock Pierce is afraid of being free. There are a lot of slaves out there like Brock Pierce. Brock Pierce is afraid of the people being their own master's. And so he has created "real coin" which is backed by the dollar. This is laughable. "real coin" lacks any value other than being stabilized by and convertible back into dollars, that which Bitcoin get's it's value from eliminating the need for. Real coin's value is dependendent on that which we are desperately trying to move past and away from. It is doomed to failure from the very start.

It's like after the car being invented, Brock Pierce has come out with a new improved car that is pulled by horses to avoid that pesky engine noise and dependence on gasoline!

The volatility will go in time. We all know this. "real coin" is not the answer. Have you ever looked into how to start a Model T? It will blow your mind how complicated and how many steps were involved in just turning the thing on! And Bitcoin is in a similar situation now, volatility is just one of those pesky quarks that come with being a brand new invention, but it will resolve itself just like all of the other difficulties that bitcoin has right now.

I test drove a Tesla the other day. You don't even have to take the key out of your pocket… You sit down in the driver seat and it's already on, you just drive away… and it's so silent you don't even know it's on… and it's completely gasoline free. We can only wonder what Bitcoin will be like in 100 years... To innovation!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 10:29:07 AM

its a joke. also he sits in the BTC foundation and can launch that?! wtf?

http://coinbrief.net/realcoin-bad-idea/

It's like after the car being invented, Brock Pierce has come out with a new improved car that is pulled by horses to avoid that pesky engine noise and dependence on gasoline!

i like that  Wink

onlyu

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:33:14 AM

I see good future on real coin.
sacko

Activity: 174
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:40:35 AM

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:56:13 AM

its a joke. also he sits in the BTC foundation and can launch that?! wtf?

http://coinbrief.net/realcoin-bad-idea/

i like that  Wink

You're right 100%.

It's funny that you also had that car/horse-imagination...

Trading various dollar-tokens on top of bitcoin is like riding a horse buggy that is mounted on top of a car.

Cheesy

The Bitcoin Foundation lost its last Satoshi of credibility. It is populated with crooks, which compete in finding the fastest access to establishment's rectum.

Realcoin is pure idiocy and it will fail miserably.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:04:19 AM

yeah I agree with many of you and thank god bitcoin is already in the mainstream, I wont put no effort or energy in real coin scam or an attempt to defeat bitcoin. 

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Fiftysven

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:24:15 AM

Best comment have to remember that  Wink
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:35:27 AM

Best comment have to remember that  Wink
[/quote]  +1

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Mr Tea

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:41:31 AM

So this is yet again just another alt coin with a gimmick?  Roll Eyes

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:42:58 AM

I don't understand how this can work? I like the idea of a fixed price coin, but I'm not sure you can stop people from paying what they want for it so I don't think the price will be fixed at all. Interesting to see how it plays out though.
Ludi

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:30:10 PM

Hasn't this Brock guy just joined the Bitcoin Foundation? What is he doing creating his own coin? Isn't this a conflict of interest.

I don't get this? Is he a convicted peadiphile or something?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: