Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Latest:
Uro Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAe9vivW1EO7FpHFQSxPIxg/videos
Uro in the Press: Coindesk: http://goo.gl/TpMPp0
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112355/over-the-next-5-years-the-demand-for-uro-will-far-outstrip-the-total-supply-bohan-huang-urocoin
http://www.coindesk.com/starcraft-urocoin-mining-pool-prohibition/
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-interview-with-bohan-huang-32-questions-from-the-community
Wallets: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (source code): https://github.com/uro-/uro/releases
#Nuro Mobile wallet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.uro.nurolegacy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Moderated] [ANN][URO] First Urea Commodity Token: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea  (Read 227117 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:06:31 AM

https://blockchain.info/address/15qx9ug952GWGTNn7Uiv6vode4RcGrRemh
nearly 1/3 there. 
If anyone wants to read why BlockCypher is great here is True-Asset speaking about why it will benefit UroCoin, and how we should be first to act of the altcoins (aside from LTC)

http://pastebin.com/bcnGaeaw

Highlights:
[19:43] <@true-asset> hundreds of redundant Uro node slices in a swarm cloud across the world
[19:43] <@true-asset> enterprise grade 24/7/365 maintenance and support
[19:44] <@true-asset> we can very, very easily do a triple multi wallet
[19:45] <@true-asset> "The 3 mosts traded cryptos in the world, on 1 ultra fast wallet that works on ALL mobile platforms and browsers"
[19:45] <@true-asset> opportunities to make payment processors, trading apps, etc, all so easy with proper docs dev.blockcypher.com

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Geisttrader

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:07:50 AM

URO in a nutshell right now.

https://twitter.com/whalewallstreet/status/487749531702804481
BitcoinBaBa

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:08:36 AM

Damn.. This is the only coin after bitcoin I am actually excited about. Commodity backed with real world use and also bringing technical innovation in the form of NURO hybrid mobile wallets among other things.It could be a game changer.Will be following it closely.
Allow

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:26:25 AM

hobopete

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:31:05 AM

I do believe I have figured out what is going on here, from researching the industry and making comparisons of similar companies (and there are hundreds of them!) As I know that there is an accepted standardized model for almost every business, it was not difficult to determine the manner in which these firms do business. I can guarantee this is NOT a scam aimed at pump and dump. I would refer to it rather as an attempt by some very smart people to engineer the same success that Bitcoin achieved, through public relations. The whole urea-backed deal is a clever attempt to place upward pressure on the emerging market, by creating a "cover" for the book which is easily understood by the common man. I can assure you that they can and will deliver the product as they claim to, and can wait easily six months to a year, or possibly even longer, to make good on the financial end, just by the very nature of their business. The contract figure of 12500 tonnes is a clear indicator. Each of the four companies can execute 1 contract with no difficulty whatsoever, leading thereby to the total of 50,000 tonnes. In that sense, the coin is, indeed, truly backed by Urea at 1 Uro=1 metric tonne. The real question here, is do we want another Bitcoin? When Bitcoin is mined out in 2015, those who are holding asic equipment purchased for BIG money will want a compatible coin to be the next big thing, so they can continue to profit from their investment. If this coin reaches the value of 200-300 usd the market cap alone will sustain it, and as a high value coin it will find much wider acceptance.  Like Bitcoin, the early adopters will profit the most. It is no more of a Ponzi scheme than is Bitcoin itself. This is definitely NOT a SCAM aimed at creating a few "bagholders". It is market manipulation at it's finest, appealing to the full scale of emotions. It is YOU, the traders, who will make or break this coin. And here is why.............(digest this and I will post the reason with a reply shortly- unless someone figures it out from my hints first..)
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:38:56 AM

hi pete, nice writeup.  short points to add. the 4 companies would honor any amount of orders for 12,500 that come in the promis is to any order of 12,500.  theres over 300k coins now so there could be over 20 orders placed if the stars aligned.  2nd when bitcoin is mined out Uro will be in a maintenance emission of .6 URO per block on it's X11 blockchain algorithm, so the asics from bitcoin can't just hop here they'd need to buy x11 fpga's or asic's.  Although at a rate of 300 per coin 80,000USD would be created per day for miners so theres some money to be split among the x11 miners who maintain the network after the "calving" (uro term for halving reducing form 16 coins per block to .6).

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:47:07 AM

question is... did the FUD kill this coin... XC experienced the same thing... such strong FUD can basically fuck a coin from ever gaining traction regardless how legitimate it is.  There are still people online who accuse XC as a scam yet its obviously not.  People get a first impression and embed it in their mind and sell and leave.  No changing their mind it seems.
1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:47:53 AM

The FUDsters never had proof of anything but drivel and accusations.  Don't sell your coins cheap.

Urocoin to the top people!  Found this on twitter.

http://captiongenerator.com/19526/The-UROcoin-War
hobopete

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:18:05 AM

I do believe I have figured out what is going on here, from researching the industry and making comparisons of similar companies (and there are hundreds of them!) As I know that there is an accepted standardized model for almost every business, it was not difficult to determine the manner in which these firms do business. I can guarantee this is NOT a scam aimed at pump and dump. I would refer to it rather as an attempt by some very smart people to engineer the same success that Bitcoin achieved, through public relations. The whole urea-backed deal is a clever attempt to place upward pressure on the emerging market, by creating a "cover" for the book which is easily understood by the common man. I can assure you that they can and will deliver the product as they claim to, and can wait easily six months to a year, or possibly even longer, to make good on the financial end, just by the very nature of their business. The contract figure of 12500 tonnes is a clear indicator. Each of the four companies can execute 1 contract with no difficulty whatsoever, leading thereby to the total of 50,000 tonnes. In that sense, the coin is, indeed, truly backed by Urea at 1 Uro=1 metric tonne. The real question here, is do we want another Bitcoin? When Bitcoin is mined out in 2015, those who are holding asic equipment purchased for BIG money will want a compatible coin to be the next big thing, so they can continue to profit from their investment. If this coin reaches the value of 200-300 usd the market cap alone will sustain it, and as a high value coin it will find much wider acceptance.  Like Bitcoin, the early adopters will profit the most. It is no more of a Ponzi scheme than is Bitcoin itself. This is definitely NOT a SCAM aimed at creating a few "bagholders". It is market manipulation at it's finest, appealing to the full scale of emotions. It is YOU, the traders, who will make or break this coin. And here is why.............(digest this and I will post the reason with a reply shortly- unless someone figures it out from my hints first..)

And here is WHY THIS IS NOT A SCAM. IT IS A GIMMICK. This is why you cannot verify a large corporate footprint, and why they have small offices in shabby neighborhoods. The people involved in this are DEALMAKERS. They don't own anything. They don't own the ships, or the factory, or the product, or the warehouse, yet they can deliver. The MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY is a dead giveaway. They write contracts, net 90 days, and ARRANGE transportation, shipping, warehousing, and end to end delivery on commission. They move all sorts of goods, and Urea was probably chosen because it's far more eco- friendly sounding than iron, or diesel fuel, or oil, or plastics. It also gives the advantage in speech of sounding like "euro" the fiat currency. It's all about creating a self-sustaining market based on CONSUMER CONFIDENCE. Thus, it initially has the feel of a scam, simply because they are trying so hard to inspire confidence. As long as they are executing contracts on a regular basis, they can wait a very long time to cash in without disrupting the market. It's BRILLIANT, and in my opinion, anyway, deserves to succeed. If you need the comfort of the "commodity backing", you have it. I'm staying in and buying more, even with all the FUD. There are some great features upcoming here, and this is suited as well as any to be the first major heir to the bitcoin empire. Part 3 coming up. 
cryptshine

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:23:54 AM

question is... did the FUD kill this coin... XC experienced the same thing... such strong FUD can basically fuck a coin from ever gaining traction regardless how legitimate it is.  There are still people online who accuse XC as a scam yet its obviously not.  People get a first impression and embed it in their mind and sell and leave.  No changing their mind it seems.

Think the situation will be different than XC because the amount of media attention that URO will generate in the coming weeks will be very strong. Everyone I talk to about this coin, even people who dont follow cryptos, feels this concept is a big deal. No offense to the XC team, I'm sure they are doing a great job, but URO will be at different playing field. Right now is a chance for us crypto investors to move into a position in uro. Very soon outside money is going to pour into uro. Dont think the fate of this coin is in the hands of crypto investors alone(unlike most other coins). Right at this moment we are the only ones investing into this coin, but it wont be for long.
CatheryneN

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:34:53 AM

I am CEO of BlockCypher (Catheryne Nicholson). I am posting this as an official statement from our company:

We at BlockCypher have agreed to host the Urocoin block chain on BlockCypher's infrastructure. This allows the Uro Foundation to leverage BlockCypher's platform and APIs. In return, the Uro Foundation has agreed to compensate BlockCypher for the development and hosting cost for their block chain.

We understand startups have to fight uphill for an ideal they believe in. We also believe in the opportunity for digital coins to back commodities. In that spirit, we are helping the Uro Foundation with the platform piece. BlockCypher's infrastructure was designed to host a multitude of block chains. What we are helping Uro with aligns with our vision of a world with multiple digital coins.

BlockCypher holds itself to the highest standards of integrity and transparency. Should it come to our attention that illegal activity or trade, gross misrepresentation, or outright theft has occurred, BlockCypher reserves the right to take appropriate action.
hobopete

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:45:03 AM

THIS is our POWER!!! We as miners and traders are leading the way to build an alternate financial system that can challenge the political power of the "old rich" , if not as equals, at least as respected and somewhat feared rivals. We have to start somewhere, and if we embrace this coin, we can use their own avarice to build our community. They'll STAY rich, but WE WILL GROW RICH WITH THEM.. In today's digital world, these contracts have REAL VALUE . It's a huge commitment. These guys have put everything on the line trusting in us. I'll repay courage with loyalty gladly. Other than a hugely premined coin with a centralized exchange, this could not have been executed better. I don't blame those who misunderstand. If you don't comprehend all of the forces at work here, please be assured that I do, and praise from me is rare, as I am not easily impressed.  I don't blame you for feeling manipulated, because you WERE! But it's for your own good, as the politicians always say... LOL  -- it's up to you now.
Allow

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:48:38 AM

I am CEO of BlockCypher (Catheryne Nicholson). I am posting this as an official statement from our company:

We at BlockCypher have agreed to host the Urocoin block chain on BlockCypher's infrastructure. This allows the Uro Foundation to leverage BlockCypher's platform and APIs. In return, the Uro Foundation has agreed to compensate BlockCypher for the development and hosting cost for their block chain.

We understand startups have to fight uphill for an ideal they believe in. We also believe in the opportunity for digital coins to back commodities. In that spirit, we are helping the Uro Foundation with the platform piece. BlockCypher's infrastructure was designed to host a multitude of block chains. What we are helping Uro with aligns with our vision of a world with multiple digital coins.

BlockCypher holds itself to the highest standards of integrity and transparency. Should it come to our attention that illegal activity or trade, gross misrepresentation, or outright theft has occurred, BlockCypher reserves the right to take appropriate action.

Great news!
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:04:55 AM

This is the most logical thing I have heard so far:
And here is WHY THIS IS NOT A SCAM. IT IS A GIMMICK. This is why you cannot verify a large corporate footprint, and why they have small offices in shabby neighborhoods. The people involved in this are DEALMAKERS. They don't own anything. They don't own the ships, or the factory, or the product, or the warehouse, yet they can deliver. The MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY is a dead giveaway. They write contracts, net 90 days, and ARRANGE transportation, shipping, warehousing, and end to end delivery on commission. They move all sorts of goods, and Urea was probably chosen because it's far more eco- friendly sounding than iron, or diesel fuel, or oil, or plastics. It also gives the advantage in speech of sounding like "euro" the fiat currency. It's all about creating a self-sustaining market based on CONSUMER CONFIDENCE. Thus, it initially has the feel of a scam, simply because they are trying so hard to inspire confidence. As long as they are executing contracts on a regular basis, they can wait a very long time to cash in without disrupting the market. It's BRILLIANT, and in my opinion, anyway, deserves to succeed. If you need the comfort of the "commodity backing", you have it. I'm staying in and buying more, even with all the FUD. There are some great features upcoming here, and this is suited as well as any to be the first major heir to the bitcoin empire. Part 3 coming up.

props for thinking of this.. sounds very much like what it is.
hobopete

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:16:27 AM

Research it for yourself. After learning about urea itself, the manufacturing process, and the market, I started with searching urea on alibaba. I then looked for a minimum order quantity of 12500 metric tonnes, which was far above the manufacturer's and wholesaler's minimums. Company info on all of the firms showed small operations, employing 5-50 people, and were listed primarily as transportation companies. From this, I realized that they are firms who arrange end to end shipments without ever handling the goods involved, except for inspections of shipments, and typical terms are net 90 days due to shipping times, and the necessity of making an insurance claim if the goods do not reach port.  As long as they are reliable, they can use one contract fulfillment to pay the previous for quite some time. That's how they live. So yes, it's entirely based on logic, deductive reasoning, and perhaps a slightly higher quality of research, based on answering the how instead of the why.
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:20:58 AM

Research it for yourself. After learning about urea itself, the manufacturing process, and the market, I started with searching urea on alibaba. I then looked for a minimum order quantity of 12500 metric tonnes, which was far above the manufacturer's and wholesaler's minimums. Company info on all of the firms showed small operations, employing 5-50 people, and were listed primarily as transportation companies. From this, I realized that they are firms who arrange end to end shipments without ever handling the goods involved, except for inspections of shipments, and typical terms are net 90 days due to shipping times, and the necessity of making an insurance claim if the goods do not reach port.  As long as they are reliable, they can use one contract fulfillment to pay the previous for quite some time. That's how they live. So yes, it's entirely based on logic, deductive reasoning, and perhaps a slightly higher quality of research, based on answering the how instead of the why.

+1 where have u been during the whole 4 days of fud attacks?  this just sounds reasonable and almost obvious that this is what it is.
Cryptourologist

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:23:54 AM

I'm not a bird so I don't tweet. That's why I post here. I'll give 2 BTCs for a reasonable proof that Urea had been sold for URO 1 tonne to 1 URO and had been delivered.
hobopete

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:25:26 AM

+1 where have u been during the whole 4 days of fud attacks?  this just sounds reasonable and almost obvious that this is what it is.

I work a lot of overtime, and I'm naturally oblivious.  So it took a while for me to realize that people were feeling manipulated. I then asked "why do so many people think this is a scam? Is it?  So I looked at the evidence and investigated accordingly.
Cryptourologist

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:30:05 AM

My post seems to have gone missing for some reason. Let's do it once more...

Not to troll or FUD, but why does a multi-million dollar corporate alliance need donors to come up with (relatively) puny 10BTC to expand their userfrendliness. I'm not a whale and I could only commit 2BTC to a proof of urea purchase and delivery. After all, when (if?) that irrefutable proof comes in I'll make much more on URO. Yet, even to me, 10BTC is not that much...
hobopete

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:33:04 AM

I'm not a bird so I don't tweet. That's why I post here. I'll give 2 BTCs for a reasonable proof that Urea had been sold for URO 1 tonne to 1 URO and had been delivered.

You can't send a shipload over the net, sorry. it will be 30-70 days, depending on port of departure, port of receipt, customs clearance, and ground shipment before any verification will be available. In the meantime , please adopt a wait and see attitude. If you need instant gratification, I'm sure there's a McDonald's nearby. And just between you and me, I piss on your 2 BTC. If I had verification, I'd share it right now for free. And if I discovered it was a scam, I'd sell out and then broadcast it to the world. Your 1200 usd isn't going to change anyone's life, fool.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: