Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Savannah Kittens - The worlds largest domestic cats  (Read 4103 times)
The Ferox (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:22:26 AM

Thank you to whomever just sent the $200 donation. Every little bit helps Baxter get a girlfriend  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Ferox (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:08:45 AM

Just a quick bump. Found a wonderful investor and in doing so, only need to sell 1 kitten from the first litter. If anyone is interested please message me.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:07:37 AM

I had an F3 savannah and he was super cool.   The only problem is that he did not play nice with other animals at all.   He would try and fight any animal that he could find.   

Also they are supposed to be good at being potty trained, but mine would literally piss on everything he could find.   It got to the point where I had to let him be an outside cat, which is one of the major no-nos with these cats.   He would go banging on neighbors windows in the middle of the night and try and fight their animals.

One night he ended up not coming home Sad   I think he ended up trying to take on some coyotes.

If you have the home and can pull it off (legally), or are not afraid to just go around the law (in some states), an African Serval is the way to go.   They look way more exotic and get much bigger. 
The Ferox (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:47:12 AM

I had an F3 savannah and he was super cool.   The only problem is that he did not play nice with other animals at all.   He would try and fight any animal that he could find.   

Also they are supposed to be good at being potty trained, but mine would literally piss on everything he could find.   It got to the point where I had to let him be an outside cat, which is one of the major no-nos with these cats.   He would go banging on neighbors windows in the middle of the night and try and fight their animals.

One night he ended up not coming home Sad   I think he ended up trying to take on some coyotes.

If you have the home and can pull it off (legally), or are not afraid to just go around the law (in some states), an African Serval is the way to go.   They look way more exotic and get much bigger. 

I am not one to normally be confrontational, but you are wrong on many different levels.

First, all Savannahs except those purchased for breeding need to be fixed (spayed or neutered). They are half wild African cat and when the hormones kick in they are very territorial if not fixed, hence spraying everything. (this is the part where you reply telling me that he was fixed, in which i reply in advance your veterinarian did it wrong)

Second, a savannah is NEVER an outdoor cat. It is people who put them outdoors who have 0 understanding on what this cat is and have no business in owning one in the first place. Furthermore it is those people who end up giving these cats a bad name.

Lastly, and let me make it very clear  AN AFRICAN SERVAL IS NOT A PET AND NOT A HOUSE CAT THAT YOU LET ROAM AROUND IN YOUR HOUSE. Even when bread domestically, they are still a very wild animal. Sure some people keep them as pets and it ends up being just fine, but i have had phone calls from previous customers who bought a serval because it was "more exotic looking and bigger" and even though they have had it for years with no issue, they are now locked in their bathroom begging for help because the cat got a wild hair up its @$$ and is attacking everything that moves, after which the animal ends up getting put down for no good reason because some idiot with more money than brains bought a "exotic looking" cat. Servals are kept as breeding animal ONLY to breed across the domestic line to get F1's to further refine a breeders bloodlines. Over the years we have had to rescue 3 Servals from morons who thought they would make a good house pet. All of them in which the minute we got there to get the animal, we could clearly tell that they too were part of the more money than brains crowd.

In closing, People who buy a cat because they are exotic looking and big are idiots. Savannahs make great pets because of their unique personalities, very similar to a dog, their intelligence and because of their playfulness.

I dont mean to be abrasive, but everything you typed just screams more money than brains which is a very common plague that the savannah breed suffers from. And your advice to "buy a serval" is the dumbest and worst advice that anyone could ever give. Just last week in California a family had their 3 month old baby taken from them by the state because they posted a picture of their serval in the bassinet with their daughter like it was cute or something. Both parents are now facing jail time.

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:34:55 AM

These cats look so cool. I have 3 "normal" short hair domestic cats. How big do these grow in comparison to the average feline?

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
The Ferox (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:38:39 AM

These cats look so cool. I have 3 "normal" short hair domestic cats. How big do these grow in comparison to the average feline?

Hi Jefferson,

It is different with every litter across the breed and a lot depends on the size and bloodlines of the parents. On average and F4sbt ( the kittens from this first litter ) are about double the size of the average domestic cat, but that is just an average. Much like dogs, you can look at their paws when they are born and get a good idea of their size as a full grown adult. So if you wanted a larger cat you would pick one from the litter with larger paws. Savannahs take about 3 years to reach their full size as their average life expectancy is normally 15 to sometimes 30 years.

As our stud Baxter is a silver with heavy white undercoat and the Female is a solid buttery yellow with black spots like the Serval is, we expect a mix of colors in the first litter, and a few larger than average kittens due to both parents 5 generation pedigree.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
The Ferox (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:16:43 PM

7 days left to sell the last kitten guys. P.M. me if your interested
The Ferox (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:14:12 AM

5 Days left to sell the last kitten. Dont miss an opportunity to bring one of these majestic animals into your home for a quarter of what they would normally cost. Baxter needs a girlfriend before he starts trying to impregnate the couch. 
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:18:04 PM

Why aren't you listed on TICA's breeder archive? Is it because you haven't signed the TICA code of ethics? Sounds super shady. I bet your papers are counterfeit; I'm almost certain there were laws passed in the 30th Congress about this very thing.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: