Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:31:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Headless miner getting hijacked  (Read 1057 times)
charmees (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:33:45 PM

I have headless miner running on smos.
Every hour some hacker closes my mining session, and starts mining to its own pool

I have been debugging around, here are some facts

*changing user and root password did not help
*changing ssh port did not help
*hacker does not change cgminer configuration, I can just see that it has started mining litecoin, but my configuration stays the same
*he added one item to crontab, that sends emails about my ip to his mailbox every 3 hours, removed that, still gets in to my machine

any suggestions how to block it? considering that I still want to access my machine from internet.
hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:26:27 PM

rebuild it - most likely they've installed something on it for remote control.

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:34:27 PM

rebuild it - most likely they've installed something on it for remote control.

Rebuild and also most important DO not log into important things from this computer if known to have some form of virus.  Reevulate what site's and downloads you have done so it does not happen again.  Install a virus protection.

If you had a wallet file on that computer create a new wallet on another computer and send coins to it.  MAKE SURE that computer does not have the same software you talk about on miner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: