Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANX launches world's first Bitcoin Debit Card powered by an exchange  (Read 17398 times)
byt411 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:39:06 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 06:55:07 AM by byt411

ANXPRO, one of the best exchanges in the Bitcoin Market, announces the first International Bitcoin Debit Card powered by an Exchange in the world.
Card design is for demonstration only. The actual debit card design will be different.
It is a Debit Card, which you can load with any of our supported currencies and Bitcoin. Other cryptocurrencies aren't supported yet.
It's automatically linked to your ANX account, so that you can conveniently fund your debit card for everyday use.
We haven't launched it yet, but it will be available for customers soon. If you don't have an account on ANX yet, feel free to sign up, and then visit this link to reserve your debit card!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:49:24 AM

A little more details like limits and fees would be great, before one signs up for something.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:01:06 AM

A little more details like limits and fees would be great, before one signs up for something.

The limits would be the amount of currency that you have loaded onto the card, and the only fee is 2.5% of the amount you load onto the card. The card will only cost $10 USD.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:05:34 AM

I guess the cards will be personalized then?
Also no fees for withdrawing cash from ATMs?
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:10:13 AM

Would be nice if you would have an extra tab on blockchain.info to where you could move BTC to load (or refill) in your debit card, many people would effectively not need a bank account.

By the way can you refill this debit card after funding with the initial sum?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:11:05 AM

2.5% is pretty steep if you ask me.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:14:20 AM

It really is...

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:16:53 AM

Would be nice if you would have an extra tab on blockchain.info to where you could move BTC to load (or refill) in your debit card, many people would effectively not need a bank account.

By the way can you refill this debit card after funding with the initial sum?

ANXPRO is a Bitcoin Exchange, and you can simply deposit Bitcoins into your ANX account and load it into your card. It doesn't involve a bank account at all.
Of course you can refill the debit card, since its a debit card, not a prepaid card. You can load as much money and as many times as you want.

It really is...

I agree, but its the best that we can do right now. If you compare it to exchanging BTC to fiat, withdrawing it to your bank account, and then using your credit card to pay for stuff, the fees are a lot higher than 2.5%.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 04:19:15 AM

I admit this is quite neat. Just load the debit card with bitcoin and spend it anywhere. We need more details.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:20:48 AM

Yes, I have been waiting for this kind of service for years. My only concern are the fees.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:21:35 AM

I admit this is quite neat. Just load the debit card with bitcoin and spend it anywhere. We need more details.

What else do you need to know? Feel free to ask, I'm here to help.
Also, by the way, if there isn't that much demand (I doubt that), the cards should begin to ship next week. However, since that probably won't be the case, it will be shipped a bit later. The quicker you reserve, the earlier you get it!
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 04:24:57 AM

What sort of documents do I need to send you to apply?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:29:58 AM

Here's a question: what exactly is the nature of the relationship of the Visa Payment Network (or whatever the corporate entity's name is) to this card?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:51:05 AM

All you would have to do is complete our verification process, which requires:

You will also have to fill out a verification form.

Here's a question: what exactly is the nature of the relationship of the Visa Payment Network (or whatever the corporate entity's name is) to this card?

I don't know the answer, and I've asked. Once I get a reply I will get back to you.
tmbp

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:54:37 AM

I don't know the answer, and I've asked. Once I get a reply I will get back to you.

We are already aware of the fact that the CIA dedicates significant resources to separate the sheep from the wolfs, they could easily tap into that information and put everyone in the latter category. A bitcoin debit card is cool, but having your house raided, a flashbang thrown into your childs face only for him to get extreme burns, slip into a coma and die after a week because you googled the wrong thing is not cool.

What is the difference between a debit card and a pre-paid card really? Why can I get a pre-paid card without any documents yet I need to risk my life, livelihood and independence for a nearly identical piece of plastic.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:03:45 AM

We are already aware of the fact that the CIA dedicates significant resources to separate the sheep from the wolfs, they could easily tap into that information and put everyone in the latter category. A bitcoin debit card is cool, but having your house raided, a flashbang thrown into your childs face only for him to get extreme burns, slip into a coma and die after a week because you googled the wrong thing is not cool.

What is the difference between a debit card and a pre-paid card really? Why can I get a pre-paid card without any documents yet I need to risk my life, livelihood and independence for a nearly identical piece of plastic.

Haha, lol, I know that, actually the entire Internet is monitored by the CIA, and Tor and Bitcoin was invented by the NSA too.
Just Kidding.

Well, you can reload a debit card, and you can spend it online, at the nearest supermarket, or you can withdraw cash from a normal ATM. Are there any prepaid fiat cards that you can buy with bitcoin?
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:04:41 AM

Pretty sure you will not see the CIA kicking in your front door.  If you do, I suggest you call 911 because they aren't actual government representatives.  Their style is more along the lines of convincing Joe the meth head that you are the antichrist and that Joe should come kick in your door.  Oh, and Joe, use these tactical weapons, night vision, body armor, and stolen Cadillac Escalade when you do the job.  Don't worry about returning any of he gear, either.  Just keep it.  Joe gets big $$$ if Joe doesn't get his ass blown away.  Joe gets another job a few weeks later doing the same thing.
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:11:31 AM

2.5% seems a bit high but when you think about what an exchange takes off the top I guess its not terrible. It will be interesting to watch it either succeed or flop, from a distance of course Smiley

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
tmbp

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:11:52 AM

Haha, lol, I know that, actually the entire Internet is monitored by the CIA, and Tor and Bitcoin was invented by the NSA too.
Just Kidding.

Well, you can reload a debit card, and you can spend it online, at the nearest supermarket, or you can withdraw cash from a normal ATM. Are there any prepaid fiat cards that you can buy with bitcoin?

Lets separate facts from fiction and crazy conspiracy theories, my claim is a fact that has been proven by many documents, you are attempting to mix my facts with your bullshit to make my legitimate concerns sound like bullshit.

If you open a bank account like the rest of the sheeple then you also look like a sheeple thus the chances to be harmed by the state are minuscule as opposed to wearing the Bitcoin flag on your head and potentially get harassed for money laundering, drug dealing, get robbed by criminals, not to mention what will happen if/when the state gets desperate and you will be rounded up for the nearest concentration camp, not every country is as cryptocurrency loving as the U.S.

The private information could also get leaked years down the road by some fool working for your company getting paid 15 bucks an hour putting all of us in grave danger. Any data about Bitcoin holders could become very very expensive years down the road.

The only difference between a debit card and a pre-paid card is that you can reload it, is reloading your card worth your life? I don't think so.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:16:01 AM

Just Kidding.

Lets separate facts from fiction and crazy conspiracy theories, my claim is a fact that has been proven by many documents, you are attempting to mix my facts with your bullshit to make my legitimate concerns sound like bullshit.

If you open a bank account like the rest of the sheeple then you also look like a sheeple thus the chances to be harmed by the state are minuscule as opposed to wearing the Bitcoin flag on your head and potentially get harassed for money laundering, drug dealing, get robbed by criminals, not to mention what will happen if/when the state gets desperate and you will be rounded up for the nearest concentration camp, not every country is as cryptocurrency loving as the U.S.

The private information could also get leaked years down the road by some fool working for your company getting paid 15 bucks an hour putting all of us in grave danger. Any data about Bitcoin holders could become very very expensive years down the road.

The only difference between a debit card and a pre-paid card is that you can reload it, is reloading your card worth your life? I don't think so.

Well, I tell you, there aren't many exchanges that don't require verification. It's a standard process.
Also, you don't have to have a bank account to use our debit card. All you need to do is create an account on ANXPRO, get verified, deposit some BTC, load it into your card, and you can go to the supermarket.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: