Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:15:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The day that could make us all millionaires!  (Read 5990 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:04:20 AM

The day bitcoin goes for a million dollar each

same day each litecoin goes for 10,000 dollars each

each peer coin goes for 1000 dollars,

each dogecoin goes for 1 dollar,

We all become truly the elite wealthy gentlemen, from the greatest wealth redistribution ever in human history.

Hope far transcends metcalfe's law and technical models.

The millennium begins with this great economic story at the early part of the century.

till the day,

HOPE & HODL
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:06:38 AM

"dogecoin goes for 1 dollar,"

Someone drank the special special koolaid today.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
harles9

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:08:47 AM

What brings someone to post a thread like this?
Why is this forum so full of bizarro posts like these?

/shrugs/
BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:12:41 AM

/shrugs/

Because it's not impossible.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:15:34 AM

Hold, but don't hold your breath.

It could easily be a decade or more before we see the death of fiat you are describing.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:21:36 AM

I didn't see a reason another coin can reach thousands dollars. You may dream,but for bitcoin only.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:23:11 AM

/shrugs/

Becuase the bitcoin trendline recently is so boring and the forum is no fun for a long time
libivan

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:25:58 AM

The day bitcoin goes for a million dollar each

same day each litecoin goes for 10,000 dollars each

each peer coin goes for 1000 dollars,

each dogecoin goes for 1 dollar,

We all become truly the elite wealthy gentlemen, from the greatest wealth redistribution ever in human history.

Hope far transcends metcalfe's law and technical models.

The millennium begins with this great economic story at the early part of the century.

till the day,

HOPE & HODL

Sure, it would be a dream, but, by then, how much would a million dollars be worth anyway, with inflation running astray (think about other commodities, gold, oil, energy, and we'll have a good value parameter)
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:59:02 AM

I want bitcoin at $10k per coin
I really couldn't care less about where any of the other alts end up trading Wink

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:01:36 AM

/shrugs/

Becuase the bitcoin trendline recently is so boring and the forum is no fun for a long time

Boring is good if you are not a speculator. It means the volatility is calming down. One of the major criticisms seems to be slowing down.

joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:06:10 AM

I have a few alts I would love to skyrocket but the chances are slim. I think long term plans should just be to hold and see what happens. Millions per coin, I highly doubt it but we can dream i suppose.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
TaunSew

Merit: 506

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:22:54 AM

The dot.com bubble in the late 1990s was $7 trillion and it created billionaires like Mark Kuban overnight.    It's technically amazing things got that big considering that estimates suggest only like 2% of the world's population was even using the internet (compared to 39% today). 

The more recent housing bubble of 2008 was $10 trillion.  Worldwide there's $97 trillion investments, of which $2 trillion is gold.  There's also $400 trillion in derivatives.

Crypto currencies at $10 billion is almost nothing - dropbox is worth more than Bitcoin and yet I don't see governments around the world trying to ban dropbox or write laws on it.  The governments already realize the potential in crypto currencies but it's an education issue we are facing.  The merchants could really speed up things if they offered 1% to 2% discounts to people who pay in crypto currencies.

I'm convinced crypto currencies will be trillions but it's a guessing game who'll receive the most share.   The thing is Bitcoin's capitalization is so small relative to the size of this potential market (trillions) that Bitcoin might still be replaced by a present or upcoming alternate.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:26:21 AM

was it sponsored by dogecoin?
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:27:23 AM

The dot.com bubble in the late 1990s was $7 trillion and it created billionaires like Mark Kuban overnight.    It's technically amazing things got that big considering that estimates suggest only like 2% of the world's population was even using the internet (compared to 39% today). 

The more recent housing bubble of 2008 was $10 trillion.  Worldwide there's $97 trillion investments, of which $2 trillion is gold.  There's also $400 trillion in derivatives.

Crypto currencies at $10 billion is almost nothing - dropbox is worth more than Bitcoin and yet I don't see governments around the world trying to ban dropbox or write laws on it.  The governments already realize the potential in crypto currencies but it's an education issue we are facing.  The merchants could really speed up things if they offered 1% to 2% discounts to people who pay in crypto currencies.

I'm convinced crypto currencies will be trillions but it's a guessing game who'll receive the most share.   The thing is Bitcoin's capitalization is so small relative to the size of this potential market (trillions) that Bitcoin might still be replaced by a present or upcoming alternate.

the dot com parallel story is the most exciting to compare with crypto
Light

Activity: 742

Circa 2010

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:30:57 AM

But that's the thing, why would companies want to pass on the savings they get on transaction fees to consumers? For them, they couldn't care less about Bitcoin going places; it's just another alernative payment method that convert to fiat after the purchase anyway. Bitcoin could be replaced, but honestly what other altcoin has enough impetus and userbase to get merchant adoption at this point. Unless something catastrophic happens to Bitcoin, altcoins are just going to be pump and dumps all day long.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 06:32:38 AM

It could happen.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:51:00 AM

It could happen.

thank u Dutchmen... you are not lost.. you have people like me with you
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 07:02:43 AM

It could happen.

thank u Dutchmen... you are not lost.. you have people like me with you

Very money!

So future!

Much bark!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:03:36 AM

the dot com parallel story is the most exciting to compare with crypto

Actually, we are part of a special "dot com" Bitcoin phenomenon that doesn't crash (and stay down) like the original.  Cheesy

jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:10:24 AM

Given the crisis' in the world right now, I think bitcoin is the safest bet.  Can't take what they can't find.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: