Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "I Use Coins" T-Shirt Repriced to Reflect the btc Value Gain...  (Read 6182 times)
carbonpenguin (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 01:24:54 PM

Currently ~8 btc w/ shipping in the USA (will automatically adjust) - Go to http://www.iusecoins.com to get yours!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eof

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 04:01:24 PM

repriced to 6btc

and not readjusting automagically yet.
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 02:39:18 PM

I'll be heading to the post-office in a bit, so if anyone else wants their shirt to ship today, order in the next hour or so...
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 07:07:20 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2011, 08:16:31 PM by SmokeTooMuch

I should have waited with my order T_T

Anyway, the shirt is worth it Wink

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
eof

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:25:16 AM

Bumping this thread for shameless plug + announcing the record for the longest steady price on www.iusecoins.com Smiley
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 05:48:02 PM

Heh, price deflation is a strange world - and the shirt is a great conversation starter. I wore mine to an anarchist potluck last night and within an hour btc was the party's main topic of conversation  Grin
BitPorium

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:02:38 PM

Adding any other sizes for the ++ sized people. Some 6xt would be great. I like my clothes extras bay and to reach my knees! Show some + sized love.
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 10:10:29 PM

Well, we ordered our initial batch as a total experiment, so the plan is to sell down a good portion of the initial inventory of around 100 shirts before re-ordering. If you want, I'll message you when we're re-ordering if you want to put in a plus-size special order Wink
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 03:19:07 AM

Heh, price deflation is a strange world - and the shirt is a great conversation starter. I wore mine to an anarchist potluck last night and within an hour btc was the party's main topic of conversation  Grin

How can I find an anarchist potluck near where I live?
Sounds like a wonderful time!

kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:26:32 AM

Just got mine.  I felt like the price was right if it was a quality T, and not a Hanes 3-pack T.  I just wanted to confirm that the shirt is nice and think.  Just wanted to mention that if anyone else is on the fence.

(And if the manufacturer is doing market research, you would be able to sell at least one polo with an embroidered BTC logo.  My OpenBSD polo is starting to get worn out, and I need a geeky replacement for when I'm forced to go business casual.)
commlinx

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 11:57:28 AM

Cool, I'd like to order one, I'm an Aussie so any chance of a link to the particular sizes versus chest size etc? I think I've got T-shirts anywhere from medium to XL all the same size depending on where they're made Roll Eyes. I noticed the postage will be more than the shirt, so on the off-chance any other Aussies read this and are interested drop me a note and maybe we can come do a deal on splitting postage. I guess for 2 or 3 you'd do postage for the same total price?
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 12:04:16 PM

Cool, I'd like to order one, I'm an Aussie so any chance of a link to the particular sizes versus chest size etc? I think I've got T-shirts anywhere from medium to XL all the same size depending on where they're made Roll Eyes. I noticed the postage will be more than the shirt, so on the off-chance any other Aussies read this and are interested drop me a note and maybe we can come do a deal on splitting postage. I guess for 2 or 3 you'd do postage for the same total price?

Well, the postage is by weight, so it's a bit more per t-shirt, but I think (my buddy eof has been doing the website stuff, so he could say for sure) there's a baseline price per shipment, and a smaller amounted added per shirt, so you'd pay less per unit to ship two or three...

Also, I found this chart, which might be helpful: http://www.asapshirt.com/t-shirt_sizechart.htm
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 12:07:06 PM

Just got mine.  I felt like the price was right if it was a quality T, and not a Hanes 3-pack T.  I just wanted to confirm that the shirt is nice and think.  Just wanted to mention that if anyone else is on the fence.

(And if the manufacturer is doing market research, you would be able to sell at least one polo with an embroidered BTC logo.  My OpenBSD polo is starting to get worn out, and I need a geeky replacement for when I'm forced to go business casual.)

Thanks for the + feedback and the idea - I'll look into the pricing of getting some "business casual" btc schwag...
commlinx

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 12:24:55 PM

Well, the postage is by weight, so it's a bit more per t-shirt, but I think (my buddy eof has been doing the website stuff, so he could say for sure) there's a baseline price per shipment, and a smaller amounted added per shirt, so you'd pay less per unit to ship two or three...

Also, I found this chart, which might be helpful: http://www.asapshirt.com/t-shirt_sizechart.htm
Thanks I just put through an order and sent the coins, it probably wouldn't save a lot splitting postage (I live in an area where I'd need to re-post anyway) and just couldn't wait Grin.
carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 12:30:43 PM

Thanks much! I'll drop it off at the post-office this morning...
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:21:31 PM

How profitable for you?

I can't wait to buy a gavinator t-shirt someday. However, I know you must be profitable in order to expand your t-shirt line.

carbonpenguin (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:42:28 PM

We're closing in on the break-even point for our FRN investment as long as the value of btc doesn't crater Cool. Additionally, I recently discovered that a friend of a friend has a fairly good screen-printing rig and might be willing to accept coins for printing, so we might be able to do smaller batches than our "I Use Coins" pilot run in the near future. What sort of design are you imagining for a "Gavinator" shirt? Just the cartoon, or other stuff as well?
eof

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 11:48:09 PM

www.iusecoins.com

shirts repriced to 5.25 with similar reduction for international shipping.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 02:47:23 AM

I have a bitcoin polo.  http://cryptoanarchy.us/   Please note the store starts out priced in US dollars then it gets converted to BTC at the mtgox.com rate.  So the polo is currently less then 7 BTC shipped in the USA.  (6.14 BTC when I did it)

eof

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 01:42:16 PM

I have a bitcoin polo.  http://cryptoanarchy.us/   Please note the store starts out priced in US dollars then it gets converted to BTC at the mtgox.com rate.  So the polo is currently less then 7 BTC shipped in the USA.  (6.14 BTC when I did it)

THREAD JAACK.

I saw those yesterday, the shirts look nice.  We reduced the price of ours furter, 3.5BTC!!!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: