Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:37:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] RPC Ace - a simple cut-down block explorer alternative  (Read 15650 times)
birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:44:05 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 08:40:32 PM by birdonwheels5

Here, you can see what I did with it over at http://birdonwheels5.no-ip.org:3000/richlist.html

(commas coming tomorrow)

Thanks again!

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
stolendata (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:46:28 PM

Here, you can see what I did with it over at http://birdonwheels5.no-ip.org:3000/richlist.html

(commas coming tomorrow)

Thanks again!

No problem, you're welcome.

I'm working on a little update that will save the progress from each run in order to resume from where tally.php ended last so users don't have to start from block 1 each time they want to update the list.
birdonwheels5

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:56:54 PM

I'm working on a little update that will save the progress from each run in order to resume from where tally.php ended last so users don't have to start from block 1 each time they want to update the list.

That would be awesome! Is the file it generates going to be large though?

stolendata (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

That would be awesome! Is the file it generates going to be large though?

That depends on how many unique addresses tally.php encounters. Each stored address uses less than 80 bytes in the progress array, so stretching this to the limit we can say that 1000 addresses yields a progress file of 80kb; 1 million addresses yields a progress file of 80mb (think large chains like Bitcoin or Litecoin).

Real example: the progress file of the Solcoin chain, with 121992 addresses at block 95756, is 5.4mb in size.
stolendata (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:02:40 PM

New update to tally.php available, containing an automatic resume feature allowing it to continue from where it last stopped, to avoid having to start from block 1 each time a list is generated. tally.php will now also save its progress for later if the user aborts the script with ctrl+c.

Give it a try and let me know if you notice any warnings or errors, or inaccurate results.
birdonwheels5

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:13:24 AM

New update to tally.php available, containing an automatic resume feature allowing it to continue from where it last stopped, to avoid having to start from block 1 each time a list is generated. tally.php will now also save its progress for later if the user aborts the script with ctrl+c.

Give it a try and let me know if you notice any warnings or errors, or inaccurate results.

Working great! I modified it to include my code (for formatting output) and it's syncing every time (after multiple screwups with the html..). Thanks for the great generator. Wasn't expecting an update so soon.

That depends on how many unique addresses tally.php encounters. Each stored address uses less than 80 bytes in the progress array, so stretching this to the limit we can say that 1000 addresses yields a progress file of 80kb; 1 million addresses yields a progress file of 80mb (think large chains like Bitcoin or Litecoin).

Real example: the progress file of the Solcoin chain, with 121992 addresses at block 95756, is 5.4mb in size.

Ok, it doesn't seem to take up much space at all. That's perfect. Also, the feeling of not having to wait 1 hour between formatting tests is awesome!

stolendata (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:24:55 PM

RPC Ace v0.6.7 released, with connection verification alerting the user if RPC Ace couldn't connect to the daemon, and simple automatic page refresh when displaying the block list.
HotSwap

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:59:38 AM

I am having one small issue with the richlist generator. I currently have it generating to a txt file and then that's imported into a site. My problem is tally will just add to the file and not write over it. So its duplicating addresses every time the cronjob runs.

Any ideas?

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
liteuser

Activity: 145

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:27:41 PM

I am having one small issue with the richlist generator. I currently have it generating to a txt file and then that's imported into a site. My problem is tally will just add to the file and not write over it. So its duplicating addresses every time the cronjob runs.

Any ideas?

Use the cron job to move or remove the previous txt file before running tally.

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
stolendata (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:23:05 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 10:57:24 PM by stolendata

Any ideas?

Ah, thanks for pointing out my silly mistake. It's corrected and extras/tally.php has been updated so it will overwrite the output.
dE_logics

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:21:16 PM

This's great stuff.

Other block explorers are just hacks, this one's real and the only accurate one, cause it's using all official altcoin backend.

Any new algo coin, and this's the best thing that happened to it.

Keep up the good work!!

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
dE_logics

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:39:44 AM

I would suggest a caching feature.

It would simply cache the response of transactions/blocks etc... to a file or a local database (like sqlite etc...).

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
stolendata (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:44:29 AM

I would suggest a caching feature.

It would simply cache the response of transactions/blocks etc... to a file or a local database (like sqlite etc...).

I've already implemented DB storage of the block contents but haven't gotten around to polish and complete it, and I'm still a bit torn over what that turns my block explorer into. Its original purpose was to be a real-time pure RPC explorer with as little extra setup (and storage) as possible. Dropping blocks over PDO/SQLite (or even using serialized arrays) requires no extra hassle on the behalf of the user, but...

I'll probably release the DB feature version in the near future.
MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:51:59 AM

How do I specify which daemon rpc-ace should talk to? I've set the rpcport and such but nothing shows up on my page at chainexplorer.info

iron man

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:53:22 AM

Who do you think would be most likely to benefit from this?

those who want a simple method to solve this kind of problem.
stolendata (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:27:15 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 12:59:29 PM by stolendata

How do I specify which daemon rpc-ace should talk to? I've set the rpcport and such but nothing shows up on my page at chainexplorer.info

The port (and the username and password) is what decides which daemon it connects to. If nothing shows up then either the daemon isn't accepting RPC calls because of your .conf, or your PHP component doesn't have CURL and JSON support enabled.

RPC Ace (and the extras) requires PHP version 5.4 or later, with CURL and JSON support enabled.

Remember that you need to tell the daemon to accept incoming RPC calls by setting daemon=1 (and server=1 if you are running the Qt GUI wallet), as well as correctly setting rpcallowip, rpcusername and rpcpassword in the .conf. Also, don't forget that you need to start the daemon/wallet too ;)
MystPhysX

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:52:52 AM

Finally managed to get it to work, never figured out what was wrong but it works now so I'm happy.

Thanks for this, it's a lot easier to manage when compared to abe.

MystPhysX

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:47:17 AM

Okay problem. tally.php only counts up to block 1864 out of 369840 when I try to resume it I get this error:

resuming from block 1864 - 369840 blocks ... PHP Notice:  Undefined index: EegVUeqn1NkpxsXAppk93yBWvVDWXj91Eu in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 82
2000 (tx# 23664)   PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 71
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 75
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 71
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 75
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 71
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 66
aborted - 42370 transactions through 42023 unique addresses counted

The thing is I haven't edited anything other than the username and password for tally.php

stolendata (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:18:49 PM

Okay problem. tally.php only counts up to block 1864 out of 369840 when I try to resume it I get this error:

resuming from block 1864 - 369840 blocks ... PHP Notice:  Undefined index: EegVUeqn1NkpxsXAppk93yBWvVDWXj91Eu in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 82
2000 (tx# 23664)   PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 71
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 75
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 71

The thing is I haven't edited anything other than the username and password for tally.php

This is because the block chain you are trying to account for isn't complete. You have built it without full transaction indexing. You need to delete the entire block chain, set "txindex=1" in the .conf and then sync the chain from scratch. Without indexing the info in the block chain is incomplete and you can't trace transactions.
MystPhysX

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

resuming from block 1864 - 369840 blocks ... PHP Notice:  Undefined index: EegVUeqn1NkpxsXAppk93yBWvVDWXj91Eu in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 82
2000 (tx# 23664)   PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 71
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 75
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/www/rpc-ace/tally/tally.php on line 71

This is because the block chain you are trying to account for isn't complete. You have built it without full transaction indexing. You need to delete the entire block chain, set "txindex=1" in the .conf and then sync the chain from scratch. Without indexing the info in the block chain is incomplete and you can't trace transactions.
Oh, okay let me try that. Thanks again.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: