Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Italy wants to defeat the purpose of using Bitcoin...  (Read 1088 times)
commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:40:22 PM

From the sound of it, Italian politicians think that the Bitcoin ledger should make it easier to find the people who are actually using Bitcoin in transactions. http://www.coindesk.com/italian-authorities-issue-new-bitcoin-warnings-urge-regulation/
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

Italian government estimated their underground economy accounts to 2% to 3% of GDP. It is difficult enough to trace when they are using fiat, it would be near impossible if they use bitcoin. So it is only natural they push for regulation in Italy.

They are not trying to outlaw bitcoin. They just need to track them.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:53:25 PM

[...]
The warnings come just weeks after Italian lawmakers met with a group of bitcoin advocates in a fact-finding session.
[...]

For all those who favor a "proactive approach" in doing pro-bitcoin lobbying and explaining bitcoin to officials by licking their boots: Here's what you'll get!

As I said before: Negotiation can only work if both parties have equal power.

Don't waste your time to campaign for bitcoin. Now is the time to improve bitcoin technology so it can withstand the efforts of all those brainless regulation fetishists and remain fully fungible.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

[...]
The warnings come just weeks after Italian lawmakers met with a group of bitcoin advocates in a fact-finding session.
[...]

For all those who favor a "proactive approach" in doing pro-bitcoin lobbying and explaining bitcoin to officials by licking their boots: Here's what you'll get!

As I said before: Negotiation can only work if both parties have equal power.

Don't waste your time to campaign for bitcoin. Now is the time to improve bitcoin technology so it can withstand the efforts of all those brainless regulation fetishists and remain fully fungible.

+1

I find it curious that each countries stance on bitcoin seem's to be directly inline with the overall state of said countries economy.  The more trouble a countries economy is in, the less favorable it's regulatory policy regarding bitcoin will be.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:20:14 PM

Italy's economy is screwed like most of Europe, it won't be long before more of their people turn to btc

having said that I can't remeber coming across any italians of bitcoin and altcoin forums
I know there must be quite a few but it is hardly one of the hotbeds currently for crypto, quite the opposite

they do have a shitload of gold though! they were smart enough to hang onto this , more than most countries

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 07:18:06 PM

Italy's economy is screwed like most of Europe, it won't be long before more of their people turn to btc

having said that I can't remeber coming across any italians of bitcoin and altcoin forums
I know there must be quite a few but it is hardly one of the hotbeds currently for crypto, quite the opposite

they do have a shitload of gold though! they were smart enough to hang onto this , more than most countries

maybe their gold is also stored in NY or London  Roll Eyes ? clever...

Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:12:35 PM

They will fall on temptation, Bitcoin virus soon or later will infect them and when that happens, it would be a very great advance for the Satoshis

creation; Rome, Catholicism, imagine Religions using Bitcoin   Shocked Roll Eyes Grin...
commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:17:15 PM

They will fall on temptation, Bitcoin virus soon or later will infect them and when that happens, it would be a very great advance for the Satoshis

creation; Rome, Catholicism, imagine Religions using Bitcoin   Shocked Roll Eyes Grin...

Does anybody want to create 666coin just to tease them? Or is that one already taken? Tongue
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:19:25 PM

I'm an Italian guy and Religions use much other, not Bitcoin. Religions, in this case Catholicism, or better Vatican Church, use gold and many, many money.

Of course, In my country in this time there is a much pression from the foundation to italian politician to introduce some rules about the use of bitcoin Smiley

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
chaosPT

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:21:04 PM

From the sound of it, Italian politicians think that the Bitcoin ledger should make it easier to find the people who are actually using Bitcoin in transactions. http://www.coindesk.com/italian-authorities-issue-new-bitcoin-warnings-urge-regulation/

I don think you can find the user of the bitcoin transaction .
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:41:45 PM

There's a really good thread that leads to this line of thought already. I invite you to join in!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381517.0;all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: