Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin (BTC/USD) Price Prediction. $4000-$6500 by August/September 2014.  (Read 27635 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:20:20 AM

I would love it for this to happen but I see this year as a repeat of 2012...let's blowoff some steam, consolidate, and 2015 will be the next rally.
Given how slow things have been lately, I could see it going this way.  I think it mostly depends on when the next big investor opportunity occurs, whether it be an ETF launching or a large market opening up (Russia?).

U think it will be in Russia?

Man i think more like on some country that we least expect.

Maybe some south american country or some other europe country, for price more likely end of year or first quarter of next.

I only see a country like Iceland getting away with it, I just hope they don't dump as it happened with AUR, but of course that was basically free money, and when in need people will want the quick benefits.

Totally blew my mind that Russia did a 120 degrees turn and is now watching bitcoin. I believe they realized the potential and don't want to be left out. They also like a good space program after all!

Russia was in the game from start but silently now they want to be involved big so that they can be major players, my opinion on this.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:33:16 PM

I would love it for this to happen but I see this year as a repeat of 2012...let's blowoff some steam, consolidate, and 2015 will be the next rally.
Given how slow things have been lately, I could see it going this way.  I think it mostly depends on when the next big investor opportunity occurs, whether it be an ETF launching or a large market opening up (Russia?).

Maybe some south american country or some other europe country, for price more likely end of year or first quarter of next.

I only see a country like Iceland getting away with it, I just hope they don't dump as it happened with AUR, but of course that was basically free money, and when in need people will want the quick benefits.

Totally blew my mind that Russia did a 120 degrees turn and is now watching bitcoin. I believe they realized the potential and don't want to be left out. They also like a good space program after all!

Russia was in the game from start but silently now they want to be involved big so that they can be major players, my opinion on this.

So Russia can be the new China, let's hope so. The same could be said for dozens of nations in which adoption isn't started.
The $4000-$6500 prediction will be true, but not in the near future.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:40:03 PM

Not necessarily.  I was just looking for an example of a market opening up and Russia came to mind as there was some positive news about it a week or two ago.  I'm not sure if there would be enough demand from them anyway.  What's the status of bitcoin in India?  I haven't heard much about them.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:38:28 PM

Given how slow things have been lately, I could see it going this way.  I think it mostly depends on when the next big investor opportunity occurs, whether it be an ETF launching or a large market opening up (Russia?).

Iceland total population is 320,137 as of this writing. wouldn't make much difference.

If all out, international-involvement-type  war breaks concerning the Ukraine situation, it would most likely affect bitcoin adoption/price, but Putin seems to be making some efforts to avoid escalation.

mostly I expect bitcoin to move sideways for some time, unless, India dives in big time. That doesn't seem to be happening yet, either.
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1110

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:28:54 AM

Here is my Bitcoin price prediction on a drawn graph.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/aA0zaAFD/

I use a logarithmic scale.

There is a pattern of about 7.3 to 7.8 months between each bitcoin price spike top.

The bull run should begin any day now. The price should be moving up steadily in 2 weeks.

To be conservative, I would say the price of a single bitcoin will reach over $4,000 but per this graph it should actually reach $6,500. It's just hard to imagine!

$4,000 - $6,500 bitcoin by September 2014.

I would like to see this price range,really, but I think it won´t happen so soon as you predict...more years to come if this happen.
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:00:36 AM

Here is my Bitcoin price prediction on a drawn graph.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/aA0zaAFD/

I use a logarithmic scale.

There is a pattern of about 7.3 to 7.8 months between each bitcoin price spike top.

The bull run should begin any day now. The price should be moving up steadily in 2 weeks.

To be conservative, I would say the price of a single bitcoin will reach over $4,000 but per this graph it should actually reach $6,500. It's just hard to imagine!

$4,000 - $6,500 bitcoin by September 2014.

I would like to see this price range,really, but I think it won´t happen so soon as you predict...more years to come if this happen.

August is over we will see at end of next month.

Still about 35 days but hard to happen any time soon.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

heypson

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:09:30 AM

The prediction wasn't right, september is too close to reach $4000.
Probably we won't see these prices until 2015, but nobody can know this for sure.
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:38:20 AM

Why not get through $1000 first? There's still quite a bit of naysayers realists other people who think we can't even get past $1000 this year...

___________Bitcoin Will Pass $1000 By the End of this Year
Options: Yes | No

There is no easy money in the world.

This is very true.
Bitcoin entered widespread investor awareness at the end of 2013, with the big price spike.
Now it is fairly widely known, with actors and the like saying they will invest in it, during 2014.

Therefore, it's too late for this to be a simple vehicle for a person with say, $20,000 to invest (c.40BTC) to become a millionaire.
Life is not that easy.
People turn 20k into 1000k when they spot something that very few other people have. BTC has already passed that stage.

The only way this sort of thing will happen is if something completely unexpected occurs, which forces the world to adopt BTC to a far greater extent than people think currently.
So we need to have a 'hyper-inflation' or similar scenario, to go to the moon, imo.

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:45:53 AM

Why not get through $1000 first? There's still quite a bit of naysayers realists other people who think we can't even get past $1000 this year...

There is no easy money in the world.

This is very true.
Bitcoin entered widespread investor awareness at the end of 2013, with the big price spike.
Now it is fairly widely known, with actors and the like saying they will invest in it, during 2014.

Therefore, it's too late for this to be a simple vehicle for a person with say, $20,000 to invest (c.40BTC) to become a millionaire.
Life is not that easy.
People turn 20k into 1000k when they spot something that very few other people have. BTC has already passed that stage.

The only way this sort of thing will happen is if something completely unexpected occurs, which forces the world to adopt BTC to a far greater extent than people think currently.
So we need to have a 'hyper-inflation' or similar scenario, to go to the moon, imo.

Please define 'few' Smiley

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:47:13 AM

No. It could happen by May 2015, no sooner, that's very optimistic though. Or by November 2015 - this is more realistic.
painlord2k

Activity: 453
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

It could easily happen before the end of the year. But I'm not holding my breath for this.

July and August are, notoriously, weak time periods, and market are thinly traded.
If volume raise, we will see a lot more action is a very short time frame. Because it will raise mainly in the buy side of the market.

The effect of the past halving is spent and a new stable level is reached.
But the effects of users and merchants adoption continue as continue the Fed. Reserve policy of QE (like nearly all Central banks in the world).

We could see a series of smaller spikes followed by a series of a lot smaller corrections than in the past, leading to a continuous "slow" growth. Slow could be a 10x/Year instead of a 100x/year.
realdope

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:31:42 PM

We'll see 1k this year granted.
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1110

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:52:05 PM

We'll see 1k this year granted.

I´d love to! But...

Who grants this? You?

Nothing is granted in Crypto...yet.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:52:10 PM

Very little chance for a new all-time high this year, imo.

No signs of large amounts of fresh fiat streaming in, enough to counter the selling pressure by miners and BTC payment providers (there is a constant trickle of new fiat of course, just not enough to create another price growth spurt), and even the launch of a Bitcoin ETF near the end of 2014 isn't a guarantee that we'll see greatly increased buying pressure immediately - the market conditions need to be right, otherwise the ETF will simply represent a fiat gate that isn't used at full capacity (like the ATMs, for example).

All of the above doesn't really worry me, though. I weened myself of the naive idea of a simple exponential trend extrapolation (whether it's a hand drawn line, or a regression based trendline), and consider predictions based on such naive trendlines mostly useless. Doesn't mean I don't believe in the potential of Bitcoin, just that I sneer at the idea future "bubbles" arrive with the regularity of a Swiss train service.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:43:09 AM

Maybe just maybe can go back to 1000 but i think i will be for next year to come in high for some big price change.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:33:10 AM

Im new on this so i hope for price to jump.

I will be very happy then  Grin

Darkmatter12

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:43:17 PM

I'm laughing at this thread.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:54:55 PM

I'm laughing at this thread.

It just goes to show that drawing lines on a graph doesn't predict the future. Who would have guessed?
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:59:06 PM

Im new on this so i hope for price to jump.

I will be very happy then  Grin

Bitcoin is so 2009-2013, era of Bitcoin is over - smart Bitcoiners are running into crypto 2.0. Heck, even Dogecoin is bound to give more returns.
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:36:11 PM

OP had an extra 0 tagged to that estimated value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: