Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPREME COURT'S FAVORABILITY INCREASES AFTER HOBBY LOBBY DECISION  (Read 652 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:36:08 PM

In the latest Economist/YouGov Poll, Americans are closely divided in how they view the Court, but there has been a slight improvement in the last week.

Although the Hobby Lobby decision was unpopular with Democrats, whose image of the Court shifted from mixed to negative after the ruling, Republicans (who were more positive about the Court to begin with) became even more positive.   Favorable ratings of the Supreme Court jumped six points among Republicans, while unfavorable views rose seven points among Democrats.

But the greatest change in perception of the Supreme Court came from independents.  Last week, independents were more unfavorable than favorable, this week, a majority of independents are favorable.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2014/07/09/supreme-court/

------------------------------
 Grin Cheesy Grin

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:47:13 PM

Nice. I was actually in favor of the Hobby Lobby decision even though it only affected a few forms of contraception. Whenever I mention that abstinence could be considered one of the most reliable forms of birth control, I really seem to get a lot of negative reactions. Maybe the idea of personal responsibility is just kinda out of vogue right now.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:00:24 PM

Nice. I was actually in favor of the Hobby Lobby decision even though it only affected a few forms of contraception. Whenever I mention that abstinence could be considered one of the most reliable forms of birth control, I really seem to get a lot of negative reactions. Maybe the idea of personal responsibility is just kinda out of vogue right now.

The whole world is upside down. When I grew up I thought the image of Easy Rider was about freedom, far from wars and a minimum interaction with government, while being your own definition of a "good citizen".
Now Easy Rider means EBT cards, free birth controls, controlling your speech and sucking the tits of whoever tells you to do so.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:17:39 PM

The reason for this is that there is an array of hope being fostered among those that felt on the ropes over this whole health care law and that there was nothing they could do to chip away at it. To see the Court step up like this and allow religious exemptions, much to the dismay of the heavy liberals behind the law, is very refreshing to those that feel they have no say whatsoever. I know plenty of them.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:59:25 PM

If your birth control isn’t your boss’s business, why are you asking your boss to pay for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4P3IkdA7Iw

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:05:25 PM

If your birth control isn’t your boss’s business, why are you asking your boss to pay for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4P3IkdA7Iw

MSNBC, CNN, ABC/NBC/CBS, loony left et al: The War on Women continues to rage on thanks to the Republican appointees on the SCOTUS. Pretty handy cliche to fire up women to vote democrat in the midterms; god knows they need something as everything they do is falling flat around them. To address your point even further, these younger ladies are some of the worst tippers on everything service related.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: