Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:29:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinabul gone Bust?  (Read 4634 times)
chadqberry

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:12:52 PM

I received a response to the email I sent Jay on Friday...

Hi Chad,

The metals markets have been more hammered than usual, but your order should be shipping this week.

Thanks very much for your patience as the metals markets start to get back to a normal production rate.

-Jay

I was basically asking for an update since I was past the estimated 10 business days it would take to ship.
I will continue to report progress here and the other thread I posted to.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:51:24 AM

My order just shipped...  so it took about 3 weeks turnaround.

If there was some status updates in between it would reduce a lot of worries

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ruddick83

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:34:26 PM

WOW wish I would have seen this thread before I made an order.  Now im worried it may never arrive.

I have not gotten any response via phone or e-mail since I placed and paid for my order 4 days ago.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:33:18 PM

4 days is nothing.  But even in the money for gold sites you usually don't get gold for a few weeks.  Just give him a call so you know he has your order on the radar.  He delivers and your price is locked at time of sale

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:42:24 PM

I am sure it was not your intention, but you brought a very old thread with an inflamitory and innacurate title back out of the archives.

Shit happens though.q
Yeah, I've been trying to get this thread deleted since the problem was solved a loooong time ago.

I want to learn more about this thread-deletion-process. Locked and title changes I could understand, but deleting a thread would cause great concern to me. I'm now curious as to what other threads may have been deleted.
chadqberry

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:23:57 AM

^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^

Plus, I said I would report back; and I received an order of gold today!  I still haven't heard about my other order (45btc) from 4/15 though.  Once again, will report back. 
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:35:19 AM

4/15 was a horrible market day.  As the market declined, so did warehouse inventories.  By mid-week everything was delayed or at 18-20% price premiums, by 4/19 most primaries were simply not taking orders for the most popular products.

Supply side is only now starting to catch up, with most standard products on about 2 week delay.  The price premiums are still a bit high relative to normal.

I'd be willing to bet Coinabul, like most other dealers, is having a hard a time sourcing reasonably priced material with short lead times. 

I've never dealt with Coinabul, so I wouldn't defend him.  I will say that delays are normal for most bullion items right now.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
chadqberry

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:53:28 AM

I think you are 100% right, they just do a horrible job communicating so no one knows what's going on and assumes the worst.  I don't know why they would have such a hard time saying exactly what you just did to their customers.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:07:14 PM

Or simply put a banner on the product pages that are delayed?

Most of the bullion buyers in the world are OK with delays as long as they are locked into the price when they ordered - the key is communicating those delays to the customer.  My customers can come knock on my door if I don't answer the phone, which I always do.

Slightly tougher situation when the seller is "virtual", which doubles the requirement for comms being vital to the relationship.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: