Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TITAN Infographic - Transfer invisibly to any name (BitShares feature)  (Read 4374 times)
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 05:29:49 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't quite get how TITAN works. As I understand it, the sender performs a bunch of computations and produces a broadcast message that permits the recipient, and only the recipient, to know that the funds are theirs. And this is the default transfer mechanism used, that is, such transfers are expected to be as common as the transfer volume of the system. But how does the recipient know that broadcast is for them without performing a crypto operation? Are we expecting every wallet to trial decrypt every broadcast (one per transfer) with every key it holds? Does this scale?

Since the public can't tell the recipient, that means the recipient also cannot tell they're the recipient, at least until they perform some kind of operation the public cannot perform. That necessarily means at least one crypto operation for every possible recipient for every transfer.

I also don't see any separation between message and transfer keys. That means that everyone who wants to receive payments will need to perform a large number of continuous crypto operations using the same key that has the capability to transfer their funds. I don't see how such a system can be kept secure without significant effort on the part of each potential recipient.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:43:48 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 05:55:00 PM by FandangledGizmo

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't quite get how TITAN works. As I understand it, the sender performs a bunch of computations and produces a broadcast message that permits the recipient, and only the recipient, to know that the funds are theirs. And this is the default transfer mechanism used, that is, such transfers are expected to be as common as the transfer volume of the system. But how does the recipient know that broadcast is for them without performing a crypto operation? Are we expecting every wallet to trial decrypt every broadcast (one per transfer) with every key it holds? Does this scale?

Since the public can't tell the recipient, that means the recipient also cannot tell they're the recipient, at least until they perform some kind of operation the public cannot perform. That necessarily means at least one crypto operation for every possible recipient for every transfer.

I also don't see any separation between message and transfer keys. That means that everyone who wants to receive payments will need to perform a large number of continuous crypto operations using the same key that has the capability to transfer their funds. I don't see how such a system can be kept secure without significant effort on the part of each potential recipient.

Hi, sorry I just posted the graphic, hopefully someone more technical can answer your question. It's obviously in use at the moment if you download the BitShares X wallet and is working fine. I think it's just an implementation of stealth addresses or something that is more user friendly.

There is a brief video overview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDvXZMQNnhE&feature=youtu.be - does that help?

Daniel also talks about it @ 42:00-44:00 & 46:00-48:00 (more technical)  in the latest episode of lets talk Bitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 07:59:02 PM

It's obviously in use at the moment if you download the BitShares X wallet and is working fine.
A system can have scalability or security limitations and still work fine in limited deployment, in cases where you're willing to distribute your private keys, or with the scalability problems tolerated.

I think it's just an implementation of stealth addresses or something that is more user friendly.
My recollection is that these kinds of scalability and security issues are the reason that similar schemes haven't been used by Bitcoin to date.

There is a brief video overview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDvXZMQNnhE&feature=youtu.be - does that help?

Daniel also talks about it @ 42:00-44:00 & 46:00-48:00 (more technical)  in the latest episode of lets talk Bitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake
I'll take a look at these this weekend. I'm curious if there's a new solution to the problems that have prevented the use of this type of scheme by others.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:10:53 PM

Daniel also talks about it @ 42:00-44:00 & 46:00-48:00 (more technical)  in the latest episode of lets talk Bitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake
I'll take a look at these this weekend. I'm curious if there's a new solution to the problems that have prevented the use of this type of scheme by others.

As I know TITAN it's proposed long time ago Stealth Addresses (http://www.coindesk.com/stealth-addresses-secret-bitcoin-privacy) but in BitShares it's has very elegant implementation because BitShares introduce account which is stored at blockchain.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:02:40 AM

thanks for the info.
so are there transaction hashes so i can prove i sent the money/btsx.
if dan buys something from stans shop and then stan says he did not receive the money how can you verify stan received it without blockchain transaction hashes?

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
tonyk

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:41:28 AM

thanks for the info.
if dan buys something from stans shop and then stan says he did not receive the money how can you verify stan received it without blockchain transaction hashes?

Dan has his private key + sender key and can publish shared secret

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:56:35 PM

thanks for the info.

Dan has his private key + sender key and can publish shared secret

cool, thanks.

can you compare titan anon to darksend+.

saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:36:47 PM

If you want to compare the other features of their blockchains...

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F

To be honest the currently states of affairs are so...
But healthy competition between any crypto platforms are welcome. Wink
Our older's brother (simple coin1.0-1,5) - doesn't observe any rules at all, but we have to. Wink

clout

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:42:11 AM

If you want to compare the other features of their blockchains...

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F

To be honest the currently states of affairs are so...
But healthy competition between any crypto platforms are welcome. Wink
Our older's brother (simple coin1.0-1,5) - doesn't observe any rules at all, but we have to. Wink

BitShares X was released July 19th, 2014. The current network includes anonymous transactions, registered accounts, user issued assets, the effective equivalent of Nxt transparent forging and leased forging (deterministic block production, allowing for 10 second blocks and 1 block confirmations). The memo field in all transactions can be thought of as encrypted messaging but its purpose as of right now is just to provide a brief (19 character) description of the transaction. Public testing of market-pegged assets should begin tomorrow. Also voting and dns are in active development.
gyhyq

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:17:19 AM

good
huxdy

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:00:31 AM

fly  Grin Grin Grin
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:53:46 AM

AWESOME!!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Kloks

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:06:19 AM

It will be interesting to see infographic of comparision of TITAN
with other anonymous platforms - cryptojoin, cryptonote and zerocoin.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:10:57 AM

i've been trying to spread the bitshares x word around but the response has been pretty negative. i don't know enough about the technical details to refute the criticism and i haven't seen anyone from the btsx community in these other threads either.
i told bytemaster in the bitshares forum that he or someone who can debate the technicals needs to be over here at btctalk debating or bitshares x will slowly fade away. circle jerking over at bitsharestalk will mean the death of this coin, everyone needs to stop hiding over there. bytemaster needs to close most of the threads over there for a few weeks and send people over here.

if btsx has better anon than the other pos coins and monero/cryptonote coins then the market cap will double if bytemaster is willing to debate/explain theses things. offering a nice bounty to crack the btsx anon would be a good start. i saw toast say it was better than the old darkcoin darksend but can't find that thread now.
darkcoin is the marketcap leader and i would like to know how btsx compares to the new darksend+.
 darksend+ (early aug release).
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/

ip obfuscation
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-july-30th.1924/#post-13924

also, why the hell isn't btsx listed on cryptsy or mintpal. btsx marketing needs major work if it is to succeed.

Bitshares is in no way anonymous, they simply use stealth addresses which has absolutely no effect on blockchain analysis.

Quote from: Vyazhan, post: 13403, member: 1545
Mh, strange infos this guy gives out. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the ability to include my name and reason for transaction kill the privacy part of it?

Also, why do I need to give everyone a different Bitcoin Address for every transaction? I can just print my Bitcoin Public Key and use this one for all transactions...

Personally, I do not see any improvement this new stuff gives over anything that is either already out or is coming very soon to the Crypto-World.

Quote from: fusecavator, post: 13922, member: 1245
Wow, that was anticlimactic. Looks like they slapped on an alias system and added stealth addresses, and are trying to pitch it as something major.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-vs-bitshares-x-titan.1927/

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:33:39 AM

@ mastermind you're right.

They should be addressing a lot of the false stuff there.

BM simply can't do everything. I get the feeling they've actually spent a lot on marketing and their Marketing Director is paid well. I feel BM & the great dev team have been let down in this area.

On a positive note, I know they had dinner this week with Kevin Harrington of shark tank fame, who's a marketing guru, worth hundreds of millions among others. So once it goes more mainstream (& the wallet is already super fast, user friendly & using an account name is so much better than public keys) I think they will do a better job. Their alt-coin market, marketing has been very weak though...
Indemnified

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:01:06 PM

Can anyone outline for me the advantages/disadvantages of having more than one TITAN account in my BitSharesX wallet? I seem to recall reading somewhere that multiple accounts might slow down the transaction times, but can't find it now.

On the other hand, having multiple accounts for various activities might make accounting sense and boost anonymity for some transactions.
clout

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:35:06 PM

Can anyone outline for me the advantages/disadvantages of having more than one TITAN account in my BitSharesX wallet? I seem to recall reading somewhere that multiple accounts might slow down the transaction times, but can't find it now.

On the other hand, having multiple accounts for various activities might make accounting sense and boost anonymity for some transactions.

Multiple accounts slows down transactions scanning for when you are trying to get your wallet and accounts synced to the current blockchain. The more accounts, the more private keys your wallet has to scan against every transaction that took place since your last sync. Currently blocks are synced at about 50 blocks per second. The devs have put together an upgraded on the development branch of the source code that allows the wallet to sync 500 to 1000 blocks per second.

Overall, it doesn't really matter too much if you have multiple accounts but there really isn't  very much advantage to having multiple accounts.
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

It will be interesting to see infographic of comparision of TITAN
with other anonymous platforms - cryptojoin, cryptonote and zerocoin.

It´s simple.

TITAN isn´t anonymous, its just a rebranding of Stealth Addresses.

Stealthaddresses alone simply give no anonymity.

They are already used ADDITIONALLY in Darkwallet (BTC), Monero, Boolberry, Vertcoin, Execoin, Bytecoin...and prolly others.

I don´t know why they gave it a new name...u have to ask them yourself.

More info about SX can be found here from Peter Todd: http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/31813471/

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:00:39 PM

WHat I would like to see is TITAN compared against the other stealth functionality. What my non tech mind figured was that TITAN got around the problem of others trying stealth addresses is that they implemented the names on the blockchain itself.

MajidBC

Activity: 182

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:51:51 PM

Can you specify different names to an address? Or just one username per address?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: