Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Talk Bitcoin | Why I Invest  (Read 2293 times)
Dread Pirate Roberts (OP)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:03:26 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2021, 10:12:01 PM by Dread Pirate Roberts

NOTE PLEASE BEFORE READ THIS . WATCH THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w

Revolutionary

Bitcoin has the potential to make life difficult for the financial industry, just like e-mail at that time removed most of the postal business along with dozens of other businesses.

Bitcoins briefly explained
There are currently approx. 12 million Bitcoins, and when 21 million Bitcoins have been created in the year 2140, the production will be stopped.

We'll keep acquiring more BTC and invest in Bitcoins;
Not just because we believe we can profit from it, but rather because we support this revolutionary technology

Really big thanks for any donation hopefullly you success and get freedoom of financial :
1EPceBmuHoLkMHEU2mwtJNTAvE3ZtNZw9K
unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:07:42 PM

Two questions:

1) At what price did you get in?
2) Why should anyone listen to imposer?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Two questions:

Imposer? Do you mean his account name?
The reasons don't really matter, as long as you invest.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:35:01 PM

Two questions:

around $300 or more
what you mean ? are you on drugs or something?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 02:22:14 PM

i guess we will be at 100 USD this winter   Grin

goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:09:01 PM

Two questions:

Imposer? Do you mean his account name?
The reasons don't really matter, as long as you invest.

Investing in btc is good.
Adopting and using is better. And am amazed at how quickly this is now happening.
oXo

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:33:53 PM

How long do you think it will be until people don't look at bitcoin as an investment but as a currency?

Personally I think the majority of users don't purchase goods with bitcoin. A lot do but more people look at it as an investment, not as a currency for day to day use.
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:29:42 PM

NOTE PLEASE BEFORE READ THIS . WATCH THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w

Im not as convinced of the predictions as you are but I hope you are right. On a side note this may be my new favorite video Smiley

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 06:26:29 PM

Im not as convinced of the predictions as you are but I hope you are right. On a side note this may be my new favorite video Smiley
yes broth really inspired Cheesy
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:42:47 PM

I'm on the other side:  (Note: I'm generally positive on most Bitcoin related subjects)
That video makes us look like a mindless cult of fools.
Bitcoin is not "my life" and "troll face" isn't original or inspiring ....sorry.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 07:32:49 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 09:52:16 PM by Dread Pirate Roberts

I'm on the other side:  (Note: I'm generally positive on most Bitcoin related subjects)
Bitcoin is not "my life" and "troll face" isn't original or inspiring ....sorry.

yes its oke i think most people in here trust with what they do and . its mean with bitcoin .
everyone have opinion  Smiley
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:45:37 PM

I'd rather bitcoin were considered more normal than it being something so extreme. I'm still waiting for it to gain mass adoption. I don't think it will be a matter of months, more like a few more years until most people know what it is and understand it.

Let's not get carried away with predictions as it could all go to zero tomorrow (hope not but it's possible)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:50:18 PM

Question: What financial freedom do I get out off Bitcoin if im poor as fuck and live in a country with high unemployment?
Also, when you ask rich as fuck Bitcoin people to send you some, they act as the current elite = no thanks.
Bitcoin = moving the elite from rich bank aristocrats to rich lucky early investors and miners, that will laugh at poor people on dead ends asking for some help, just like the rich bank aristocrats used to laugh at them. It's the former bullied playing the bully. In the big picture nothing changes, unless you were there before the price exploded or unless you already had money, your (my) life is exactly the same pre-post Bitcoin, and so it is for the 99.99% of people in the world. This is why the alt currency subforum is huge, it's just poor people trying to pick up Bitcoin peanuts. How pathetic is the human race, this can't be fixed.

4Progress

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

I agree. At first I thought I was going to get a laugh out of it, but no. Yawn.
4Progress

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

Question: What financial freedom do I get out off Bitcoin if im poor as fuck and live in a country with high unemployment?

It actually has the potential to enable people in developing countries. There's a huge percentage of people who are unbanked or live with rapidly inflating currencies who can now have a form of secure banking with bitcoin. There are companies developing apps that will allow people to send and receive bitcoin on "dumb phones."
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:46:17 PM

It actually has the potential to enable people in developing countries. There's a huge percentage of people who are unbanked or live with rapidly inflating currencies who can now have a form of secure banking with bitcoin. There are companies developing apps that will allow people to send and receive bitcoin on "dumb phones."

That's irrelevant if you are broke.

Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:47:47 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 05:27:24 AM by Skele

i guess we will be at 100 USD this winter   Grin

Indeed; like happened in 2013, being at $220, dropped to $80 and then it exploded to $1000+

So imagine what will happen now...  
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:52:41 PM

As a store of value I think it has great potential. I will trust the free market to maintain my wealth over the inevitable decline of fiat currency. I don't want to take part in recessions or depressions. 

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:42:43 AM

what you mean ?

I think he means:  "Are you THEEeeee dread pirate roberts of infamy?"
And if not:  "Why should we listen to you of all people?"

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
SomethingElse

Activity: 210

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:16:59 AM

How long do you think it will be until people don't look at bitcoin as an investment but as a currency?

Personally I think the majority of users don't purchase goods with bitcoin. A lot do but more people look at it as an investment, not as a currency for day to day use.

When people start to spend instead of hold.

For me that will be after it's price goes up a lot so I feel like I can afford to spend some.

NEM
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: