Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:08:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] | GOT SCAMMED? GET REWARDED!! | IMSCAMMEDCoin | ISC | Community coin  (Read 1689 times)
bitspender (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:23:47 PM

For those who got scammed: The community reaches out to you!

Introducing:

It seems that more and more coins are created on the fly just to scam people who are willing to invest and believe in a coin.
I feel like the community needs some return for their trust and effort they put into those scamcoins!

ImScammedCoin is a coin that will be created for those people!

The idea:

A x13 alogithm coin will be created with a transparent, public listed 50% premine.

Every week, the community can vote on the website what scamcoin victims should be rewarded with some ImScammedCoins.
Once the 'winning' scamcoin has been selected, the victims of the coin can send their mined/bought scamcoins to a public wallet.
In return for their coins, they will be awarded XXX amount of ImScammedCoins, to be exchanged on future exchanges, for real BTC.

The remaining 50% of the coins will be PoW. This to ensure that people keep mining and trading them, in order to keep this market going.

Funding & investement:

It will take about 5BTC to get this coin up. This includes wallets, sources, blockchain, promo and marketing.
I'm doing the initial funding from my own pockets. Since i also got scammed in the past, but had some luck with other coins, that is the least i could do.
If my initial funding is not enough, i will use 1% of the premine, but only if my initial funding is not enough!

However, since we are a community, i will also list a public BTC funding address.
If every community member send a lousy 0.1BTC to this address, we can make a coin that can compensate a lot of hurt done by those scamcoins, and create a huge coin with a huge marketing build around it.

It's not excluded that IPO will become an option once funding is above my head and wallet.

The coin:

Since the coin still has to be developed, i let the community decide what coin to use.
I was thinking about a x13 PoW coin.

The community:

What do i expect back from the community? Well, support. Support in any way. Translations, games, marketing, etc...
This coin is for our community members, so it seems logical that the community attributes for this.

Let me know what you're thinking about this initiative!!!

BTMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

BTMan

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:24:55 PM

WAITING FOR MORE INFORMATION.

ANN Monitor System http://ann.ymq123.com  (chrome Or IE7-IE9)
Donation BTC: 1F4zvgxAqpbCktYp8oKeupjY2oL3JWVFa3      QQ Group: 229207518
ANN监控系统创世帖 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657764.0
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:28:00 PM

WAITING FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Like what? I want constructive posts, it's the community who needs to output corrections/suggestions/ideas also  Smiley
sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:30:16 PM

"I feel like the community needs some return for their trust and effort they putted into those scamcoins!"

putted should be put
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:31:30 PM

"I feel like the community needs some return for their trust and effort they putted into those scamcoins!"

putted should be put

Thank you, English is not my native language Wink
prosheng

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:32:30 PM

Altcoin Calendar for mining team
http://www.thecoindesk.com
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:35:19 PM

Euhm...
w709190200

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:09:47 PM

it's so cool Grin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:10:56 PM

it's so cool Grin

+1 Thank you
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:31:16 PM

who will you verify that users who are saying that they got scammed , are not trying to scam Tongue and actually got scammed.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:33:08 PM

who will you verify that users who are saying that they got scammed , are not trying to scam Tongue and actually got scammed.

They need to send their scamcoins to a public listed address before getting coins in return
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:35:29 PM

They need to send their scamcoins to a public listed address before getting coins in return

good , I am  keeping watch on this and lets see how it progresses coz there is no shortage of users who got scammed .
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:37:34 PM

good , I am  keeping watch on this and lets see how it progresses coz there is no shortage of users who got scammed .

Indeed! I'm waiting community feedback/suggestions before investing my coins into this great project, so keep sharing and posting!
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

What exactly would be a scam? where is the line that you would draw? Could you give a list of some eligibility criteria that needs to be met? I can understand obvious ones like AsiaCoin with hidden premine. I guess to a certain extent, hyping a feature and disappearing too. What about staying on and unable to deliver on promises? Instamining before the pools could set up the wallet? Premine? what's a non-scam percentage? Selling a percentage of premine to buyers before launch (IPO)?

Also, what's the workflow for exchange? How are you going to asses the value? Especially if they are delisted or like those 1 satoshi coins with no buyers and just sellers? Would you be maintaining a fixed rate for them based on the last sold price or something?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
mana6

Activity: 354

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

sound like deletecoin,mark
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:19:52 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 09:03:45 AM by bitspender

What exactly would be a scam? where is the line that you would draw? Could you give a list of some eligibility criteria that needs to be met? I can understand obvious ones like AsiaCoin with hidden premine. I guess to a certain extent, hyping a feature and disappearing too. What about staying on and unable to deliver on promises? Instamining before the pools could set up the wallet? Premine? what's a non-scam percentage? Selling a percentage of premine to buyers before launch (IPO)?

Also, what's the workflow for exchange? How are you going to asses the value? Especially if they are delisted or like those 1 satoshi coins with no buyers and just sellers? Would you be maintaining a fixed rate for them based on the last sold price or something?

That is a fantastic question you ask there.

Where to draw the line? First starting, the community gets to vote the "scamcoin" they feel for being scammed.
In my opinion, premined coins where dev ran away with the money before releasing, IPO where dev took of with the coins, etc are valid scams.

Coins with only sellers but no buyers are just bad coins, no scams. As long as a coin is open, or has a dev team, it should not be considered as scam.
Scam is really where you invested money/hashrate, and the devs ran away with all money and never really delivered or supported the coin.

To exchange we first need to have a value for the ImScammedCoin. Therefore the other 50% will be PoW.

Miners will keep on mining and trading them, so the coin will have a value to compare to.
Then we can use fixed or variable rates for the exchange. Why not implent a voting system for the exchange rate inside the voting for the scamcoin for example?
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:03:28 AM

sound like deletecoin,mark

Looked at those coins, had no idea they existed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: