Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:06:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Life As A BITCOIN Miner...  (Read 1326 times)
Klubknuckle

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:27:17 AM

struggle to break-even electricity bill..... feel like quiting..

ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:12:35 PM

Goddamn garage is too hot again, machine locked.  Have to drive across town again to air that shit out and reboot the machine(s).  

It's saying something that I'm too lazy to develop a remote switching setup and put in proper fans, making it so I have to drive across town every other day.

Oh God stop reminding me about 2012 and 1/2 of 2013.  I can't count the number of times I drove to the sketchy area where my wife's office is to reset some miners.  I wouldn't go for 1 or 2, but sometimes the router would lock up, the DNS doesn't get updated due to crappy ISP, the power goes out, something trips.  So happy to be out of mining.

Couldn't you just set up some kind of switch that turned the miners or router off and then on again when they're not connected to the internet anymore or if it stops receiving "OK" messages from your machine at home for example?

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: