Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:17:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project: Bitcoin Find and Fund  (Read 2663 times)
Andrew Vorobyov

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:40:10 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68458.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 03:54:38 PM

+ I also don't understand these stupid threads "Ask them to accept donations in Bitcoin"...

You can NOT force people to love you... The only way for anything to succeed is to become attractive enough, let's work in this direction and stop asking people to accept bitcoin into their lives.

and what is more attractive then wide and diverse means of using bitcoin?  the more places it is accepted, the more services and products you can exchange bitcoin for, the more attractive it is.

what is your proposal for making bitcoin attractive enough?

It's attracted to different people for different reasons. Silk road patrons, gamers, advertisers, charities, etc.

~Bruno~

yes, but what do you feel is the single most important thing to have more "regular" people using it?

Bear in mind, we're not seeking a majority of people of the world to use Bitcoin. We're just currently trying to reach a critical mass to hurdle the tipping point, thus bringing Bitcoin into the mainstream.

That said, I'm still working on answering your question properly but, in the mean time, I'm getting "irregular" people to use Bitcoin.

~Bruno~
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:58:31 PM

yes, but what do you feel is the single most important thing to have more "regular" people using it?

I'm optimistic about Bitcoin, but maybe not as optimistic as you are.

People build themselves to fit best to their environment. There are a lot of things Bitcoin will help people do, but they currently don't have the habit of doing them, so they can't recognize the benefits easily. For instance, it is almost impossible to randomly financially interact with an entity across the globe, that doesn't share your language and way of doing things. Since this is the case, people don't have the necessary skills/habits/likes to benefit from such interactions, because it would be useless. After the pathways are in place, these interactions take place, and only through the established paths. Bitcoin would greatly reduce the know-how requirement there, but people won't jump at the chance until after there is a concrete structure that is already heavily utilizing this.

That's why I think "regular" people will use it after some pioneers start profiting from it and develop common sense around it. It needs to be at a level that someone would directly benefit from it, just by imitating other people. It doesn't necessarily be "easy to use", but "being used" and profitable. I think we're on the right path, offering services/goods for Bitcoin, preferring services that do so, etc. We are proving to other potential pioneers that it's doable, and in the process testing the grounds for them (all these frauds, scams, cracks, theft, etc. are just that). The more things happen, the shorter we'll take to succeed. Smiley For instance, even Bitcoin users don't agree on what kind of wallet to use, etc. Next year, all that will have been resolved, with the current pace of greater development.

It might also help to extend our reach and try to interact with people who aren't necessarily our type of people.
triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:29:13 PM

ok, and how do you plan on spreading that?  bluntly, what i'm saying, is you expressed a strong disapproval of people contacting companies about accepting bitcoin, yet you feel an important part of the spread of bitcoin is to get blogs and forums to use bitcoin.

i'm asking specifically how you reconcile disproving of contacting organizations to request/recommend they accept bitcoin, with wanting to spread bitcoin use throughout blogs and forums.

how specifically do you want to spread bitcoin without contacting blogs, forums and websites?
triplehelix

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:33:59 PM

Bear in mind, we're not seeking a majority of people of the world to use Bitcoin. We're just currently trying to reach a critical mass to hurdle the tipping point, thus bringing Bitcoin into the mainstream.

That said, I'm still working on answering your question properly but, in the mean time, I'm getting "irregular" people to use Bitcoin.

~Bruno~

yes, i'm specifically saying how do we move towards that critical mass, because by definition, once its reached, momentum will do all the work.

i'd count irregular people as included in regular people here.  the fringe group is bitcoin users, the rest of the population are "regular"

personally, i think its a multifaceted approach that will push bitcoin forward, but i think contacting organizations, if they be donation based or retail, about bitcoin is an important facet.

the more functional bitcoin is, the more items services you can purchase, the more options "regular" people have when they learn about it, the more likely they will be to take that first hardest step to become involved with it.
Andrew Vorobyov

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:36:01 PM

bluntly, what i'm saying, is you expressed a strong disapproval of people contacting companies about accepting bitcoin, yet you feel an important part of the spread of bitcoin is to get blogs and forums to use bitcoin.

Bluntly, I come, study their problems, make solution, say "take it and use it"
triplehelix

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:48:13 PM

bluntly, what i'm saying, is you expressed a strong disapproval of people contacting companies about accepting bitcoin, yet you feel an important part of the spread of bitcoin is to get blogs and forums to use bitcoin.

Bluntly, I come, study their problems, make solution, say "take it and use it"

so you just "show up" and tell them they are going to use bitcoin without first even contacting them?  sounds like a much better idea then simply requesting they use bitcoin.  i'm intrigued, how has it been working out for you?
Andrew Vorobyov

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 09:28:42 AM

Smiley man, I see it now... it's pointless conversation...

Everybody is free to action as they want... God bless America, amen!
triplehelix

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 12:00:52 PM

it didn't start that way, but i agree, it seems it has ended up like that.  i was mostly just disagreeing with you statement that websites that take donations shouldn't be contacted to consider taking donations in bitcoin, and was genuinely interested in what your ideas on spreading bitcoin acceptance was.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: