Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you own a firearm?
yes - 20 (37%)
no - 34 (63%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you own a firearm?  (Read 4431 times)
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:25:02 PM

I have my fathers 22 rifle, its the one we used to target shoot with. After he died I got the gun but my mother took down the target after the bails of hay behind it rotted so I don't use the gun, its more sentimental than functional but at least I know I can shoot it and hit my target.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:29:30 PM

I wish i could have voted once for each firearm i own...
The 'firearms' have fed my family, provided hours of targeted entertainment and provided relief for  suffering varmits.

Self-righteous buffoons who advocate a) hunger over hunting  b) video game entertainment c) pain and suffering of wild critters
should be air-dropped into Flint or Detroit to sing Kumbayah.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

Do you own a firearm?

A key misunderstanding between gun-control advocates & the rest of us: Americans are OK with guns. We don't like violence or guns in the hands of mad men & criminals, but we are OK with guns.
Do you own a firearm?

Yes, and an Anti-American, FIEND driven, Government Gestapo, and Collectivist Liberal SS Trooper Gang, "MAY" even be capable of finding one or the other of my guns, by digging up the entire USA up, down to an eight foot depth and removing ALL walls within all buildings within the correctly chosen states.

Those with negative IQs who drool in their Cheerios may fantasize that I or a more Conservative Great Grand Kid might ignorantly honor an Anti-American, Gun Registration scheme against American citizens.

ROTFLMAO!!! "IF" you can imagine such ignorance and stupidity...

I mildly wonder how many Billions such an Anti-American activity might require. How can we raise that cost???

OH WAIT!!!  WAIT!!!

The dedicated despised Collectivist Liberals in California and Connecticut have already pissed in the proverbial faces of their Rogue, state, Anti-Americans, who so, so, ignorantly attempted a FOOL'S Registration Scheme that in both cases failed!

With an additional, say fifty Trillion dollars in Chinese borrowed money, why, these Anti-Americans 'could possibly' find most of our guns. China might then propose annexing the USA, and we, the people, would perhaps all retire to the stadium to watch the American FIENDS perform, having determined the USA was no longer worthy of existance if Liberalism survived.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:58:59 PM

Yes, I own firearms. I used to shoot competitively, in my youth.  I've always supported the right of American citizens to own firearms and still do. However, being a responsible gun owner, I feel obligated to support laws that make it harder for criminals and mentally ill people to get their hands on them. I also recognize that some places - some states and cities - have been reactionary in their approach, and always thinking that they have gun laws, but crime is still happening, they've instituted stricter and stricter laws that really only affect the law abiding. That's why I support a nationalized gun control policy.

Here in New Jersey, our laws (as written) require persons to submit to a background check (including being finger printed) to get a Firearms ID Card, with which they can purchase long guns and ammunition so long as they carry it. In addition, to purchase a handgun, an purchase permit is required. Within one calendar year of your most recent background check, the issuing authority (your local police chief or State Police Barracks Commander) may issue handgun purchase permits without requiring another check at his discretion. The law requires the process to be completed within 30 days of the permit request being submitted. If you are convicted of a crime, or are diagnosed by a licensed therapist as being a danger to yourself or others, your Firearms ID Card may be suspended or revoked, following a hearing.

I believe that this is a good model on which to base a national standard. In my proposed solution, this nationalized standard would replace ALL gun regulations in all 50 states, including those who have the overly restrictive statutes at this time, and would prohibit states and municipalities from passing further restrictions other than that which would apply in state or municipal buildings.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:08:36 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 04:25:05 PM by noviapriani

The 'firearms' have fed my family, provided hours of targeted entertainment and provided relief for  suffering varmits.

Self-righteous buffoons who advocate a) hunger over hunting  b) video game entertainment c) pain and suffering of wild critters
My son just told me that he wished he had said what you posted, since it is true of ours and millions of American families! Collectivist Liberal, Anti-American, Fiends, just have no possible clue of how passionately we Americans loath and detest them!!!

sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:47:19 PM

Other things I don't own...A parachute..A chainsaw..A trailer hitch ..A hot air popcorn popper..Like a firearm...I hope I never need any of these things.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:50:15 PM

Other things I don't own...A parachute..A chainsaw..A trailer hitch ..A hot air popcorn popper..Like a firearm...I hope I never need any of these things.
I'd reconsider that hot air popcorn popper.  My cousin has one and it makes great popcorn.  Plus you can add a tad more butter than normal to make up for that horrible, artery clogging oil, LOL!

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:50:20 PM

Do you own a firearm?

A key misunderstanding between gun-control advocates & the rest of us: Americans are OK with guns. We don't like violence or guns in the hands of mad men & criminals, but we are OK with guns.
Do you own a firearm?

Yes, and an Anti-American, FIEND driven, Government Gestapo, and Collectivist Liberal SS Trooper Gang, "MAY" even be capable of finding one or the other of my guns, by digging up the entire USA up, down to an eight foot depth and removing ALL walls within all buildings within the correctly chosen states.

Those with negative IQs who drool in their Cheerios may fantasize that I or a more Conservative Great Grand Kid might ignorantly honor an Anti-American, Gun Registration scheme against American citizens.

ROTFLMAO!!! "IF" you can imagine such ignorance and stupidity...

I mildly wonder how many Billions such an Anti-American activity might require. How can we raise that cost???

OH WAIT!!!  WAIT!!!

The dedicated despised Collectivist Liberals in California and Connecticut have already pissed in the proverbial faces of their Rogue, state, Anti-Americans, who so, so, ignorantly attempted a FOOL'S Registration Scheme that in both cases failed!

With an additional, say fifty Trillion dollars in Chinese borrowed money, why, these Anti-Americans 'could possibly' find most of our guns. China might then propose annexing the USA, and we, the people, would perhaps all retire to the stadium to watch the American FIENDS perform, having determined the USA was no longer worthy of existance if Liberalism survived.

Nice post!

Thank you!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:51:12 PM

The 'firearms' have fed my family, provided hours of targeted entertainment and provided relief for  suffering varmits.

Self-righteous buffoons who advocate a) hunger over hunting  b) video game entertainment c) pain and suffering of wild critters

Yeah, I been to Detroit and won't go back!

Corporations For Crypto
umair127

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:00:41 PM

Yes, I own firearms. I used to shoot competitively, in my youth.  I've always supported the right of American citizens to own firearms and still do. However, being a responsible gun owner, I feel obligated to support laws that make it harder for criminals and mentally ill people to get their hands on them. I also recognize that some places - some states and cities - have been reactionary in their approach, and always thinking that they have gun laws, but crime is still happening, they've instituted stricter and stricter laws that really only affect the law abiding. That's why I support a nationalized gun control policy.

Here in New Jersey, our laws (as written) require persons to submit to a background check (including being finger printed) to get a Firearms ID Card, with which they can purchase long guns and ammunition so long as they carry it. In addition, to purchase a handgun, an purchase permit is required. Within one calendar year of your most recent background check, the issuing authority (your local police chief or State Police Barracks Commander) may issue handgun purchase permits without requiring another check at his discretion. The law requires the process to be completed within 30 days of the permit request being submitted. If you are convicted of a crime, or are diagnosed by a licensed therapist as being a danger to yourself or others, your Firearms ID Card may be suspended or revoked, following a hearing.

I believe that this is a good model on which to base a national standard. In my proposed solution, this nationalized standard would replace ALL gun regulations in all 50 states, including those who have the overly restrictive statutes at this time, and would prohibit states and municipalities from passing further restrictions other than that which would apply in state or municipal buildings.
What if they can't get to the ID Card Office? Are you trying to prevent the elderly/minorities/disabled from owning firearms?

Look...if they can go thru the motions of obtaining a card for owning a weapon...they can surely go thru the motions to obtain a voting ID.

BTW...those using weapons and killing people today...will not be registering their gun and standing in line for an ID Card. Just thought I'd let you know.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

I'd reconsider that hot air popcorn popper.  My cousin has one and it makes great popcorn.  Plus you can add a tad more butter than normal to make up for that horrible, artery clogging oil, LOL!
Hmmm,avoid the oil altogether and simply take a lunch bag, put a little popcorn in it, fold the top down and stick it in the microwave and push the popcorn button . While that cooks without oil melt some butter on the stove, get the garlic powder and a bowl and then mix all the ingredients and enjoy. No fuss, no muss and you can make a little or a lot. No oil, no chemicals, no harmful ingredients and you can add as much butter as you want or flavor it any way you want.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:02:06 PM

Hmmm,avoid the oil altogether and simply take a lunch bag, put a little popcorn in it, fold the top down and stick it in the microwave and push the popcorn button . While that cooks without oil melt some butter on the stove, get the garlic powder and a bowl and then mix all the ingredients and enjoy. No fuss, no muss and you can make a little or a lot. No oil, no chemicals, no harmful ingredients and you can add as much butter as you want or flavor it any way you want.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Brown bag popcorn!

The best!

Corporations For Crypto
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:31:54 PM

I feel obligated to support laws that make it harder for criminals and mentally ill people to get their hands on them.
Such as?  I mean, it's already pretty hard to buy a firearm and sometimes mental illness descends upon someone unexpectedly.
I also recognize that some places - some states and cities - have been reactionary in their approach, and always thinking that they have gun laws, but crime is still happening, they've instituted stricter and stricter laws that really only affect the law abiding.
That's true.  The 'law abiding' are, by definition, not the problem and there is this risk;  being made into a criminal when a law is created.  A gun owner hasn't actually done anything wrong and is not about to yet some dweeb in a legislature passes a law and 'poof', the gun owner is a criminal.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:35:06 PM

Thanks, sana, I'll try that.  What I don't need is another gadget cluttering my shelves.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:43:31 PM

I think you must have mentioned that before and probably been hit with this question... sorry if I missed it.  There are quite a few examples, across the globe, of governments doing exactly what you suggest.  Then, a few years later, that 'natonal gun control policy', turns into, "Yay!  We have a list of gun owners... now we hunt them down and confiscate!"

Do you believe that couldn't or wouldn't happen here?  And if so, why not?

"'Cause dis is 'Merica!" probably wouldn't be a satisfactory answer to me, at least.  :-)

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:45:47 PM

I think you must have mentioned that before and probably been hit with this question... sorry if I missed it.  There are quite a few examples, across the globe, of governments doing exactly what you suggest.  Then, a few years later, that 'natonal gun control policy', turns into, "Yay!  We have a list of gun owners... now we hunt them down and confiscate!"

Do you believe that couldn't or wouldn't happen here?  And if so, why not?

"'Cause dis is 'Merica!" probably wouldn't be a satisfactory answer to me, at least.  :-)
Of course not - NOTHING would be a satisfactory answer to you,  and we both know it. But the truth is, that is essentially the answer - as you and others have pointed out hundreds of times, a good percentage of the American people own firearms. Even more support the right to own them. No, I DON'T believe that in America, you'd get away with what you describe here. It would be stopped dead in its tracks at the voting booth. And I accept that that will not be a satisfactory answer to you. I just don't care. I believe it is a satisfactory answer to reasonable Americans in the center.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:53:12 PM

Are you telling us then, that your criminals are unarmed? That a criminal can't get a gun in New Jersey? If not, then what's the point of burdening honest citizens with all that bullshit?Registration should be voluntary. Then nobodies breakin the law.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:58:17 PM

Registration should be voluntary. Then nobodies breakin the law.
Even if made law...it would be voluntary. Criminals will not register their weapons...only honest law abiding citizens will.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 04:04:32 PM

Hell no, think there's already too many nutcases running around with guns  Grin

Got no problem with sane law-abiding gun holders, just seems to be too many crazies shooting up schools.
BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:07:39 PM

No. I don't own a firearm, unless, if you count a airgun as one. That being said, I own a Gamo Hornet .177 Cal, which can get up to 1,000 (LEAD) or 1,200 FPS (PBA). So really, it can defend me as much as a actual firearm can. I also don't have anyone currently living with me that could possibly use it. And to be honest, I'd rather not own a 'actual' gun.

Well, I'm not really sure if my dog has grown thumbs yet.

an airgain defending you?

I don't know about yours, but my neighbour shot his brother with an airgun in the back

it's nothing special

yeah, you can kill little birds and stuff, but it's not going to be of any help against an intruder
For more than little birds: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Dragon_Claw_Air_Rifle/2499

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: