Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you own a firearm?
yes - 20 (37%)
no - 34 (63%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you own a firearm?  (Read 4431 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:14:37 PM

Again, most gun deaths are the suicides you liberals support. Most of the rest are inner-city gangs killing each other, so if you are not suicidal, not a gang member, don't deal in drugs, and you are not a cop, your chances of being shot in America are near zero.

The gun 'crisis', like so many other 'emergencies', is liberal hogwash being used as an excuse to further limit the rights of We, the People. There is no gun crisis, and if you are as smart as you claim you are, then you damn know it.
That's bullshit and has always been bullshit. Unless you live in Chicago you are more likely to be shot by your lover or spouse or someone who knows you. Its the "lawful gun owner' who generally kills his wife and children in their beds....not gang members or criminals.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:20:10 PM

Again, most gun deaths are the suicides you liberals support. Most of the rest are inner-city gangs killing each other, so if you are not suicidal, not a gang member, don't deal in drugs, and you are not a cop, your chances of being shot in America are near zero.

The gun 'crisis', like so many other 'emergencies', is liberal hogwash being used as an excuse to further limit the rights of We, the People. There is no gun crisis, and if you are as smart as you claim you are, then you damn know it.
That's bullshit and has always been bullshit. Unless you live in Chicago you are more likely to be shot by your lover or spouse or someone who knows you. Its the "lawful gun owner' who generally kills his wife and children in their beds....not gang members or criminals.
How many people a year are killed by a "lawful gun owner' who generally kills his wife and children in their beds"? I'll make it easier...what percentage of Americans will not be killed by the " 'lawful gun owner' who generally kills his wife and children in their beds"? 
Show us the stats and prove that there's a 'crisis'!You run your big mouth all the time with wild accusations and hyperbole, but you never prove it. 
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:24:23 PM

I think some of the misunderstanding about guns comes from where you grew up in America. Outside of the cities gun ownership is extremely common. As a kid I seriously did not know anyone who did not own a gun. When I moved to a city later on I had no neighbors who owned a gun. Most of them were very intimidated by the thought of guns. They related them to violence, which makes sense. The only time they heard about guns is when there was a shooting of a person.

People who know about guns relate them to good times with friends. They relate them to competition and personal challenge. For example, this weekend I was a target puller at the state PALMA and F class shooting championship. It was about as violent as a round of golf.

The problem is that those people who know nothing about guns want to address their problems of violence by making rules for people who have nothing to do with the problem. I fail to see how another rule is the solution for gun violence in a place like Chicago. Criminals do not obey rules. That means that gun control laws only further disadvantage law abiding citizens by leaving them unarmed.

Gun control is to the left what abortion is to the right. An emotional issue about those who want to make rules for other people to obey. An effort to control the perceived misbehavior of people and force them to accept your beliefs.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Gun control is to the left what abortion is to the right. An emotional issue about those who want to make rules for other people to obey. An effort to control the perceived misbehavior of people and force them to accept your beliefs.  
Yep.  And gun control debates on forums will go on forever.  They are tantamount to "Your religion is wrong, and here's why" threads.  Point, counter-point, counter-counter, etc.  Nothing solved and nobody changes their mind.. 

*yawn*

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
spiceminer15

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:10:21 PM

how is owning some pieces of metal compared to killing a unborn human.

all humans have inalienable rights including the unborn.
googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:34:03 PM

No I don't. Never really thought about it.
googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:35:26 PM

how is owning some pieces of metal compared to killing a unborn human.

all humans have inalienable rights including the unborn.

What if the unborn is a blood clot?
zahra4571

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 06:50:54 PM

Ofcourse, use it for hunting, my favorite hobby

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:14:35 PM

People historically had the right to own a weapon and defend themselves.
I honestly don't see any reason against the right to own one, please enlighten me.

I have nothing against paying for a permit, taking tests or registering a weapon. I'm a responsible person without a criminal record, why would someone restrict my access to weapons?

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
C10H15N

Activity: 867
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:17:20 PM

I own more than one firearm and am proficient with handguns, rifles and shotguns.

same

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:30:34 PM

Illegal in my country unfortunately I really wish we could have them though I think I would feel much safer.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

Illegal in my country unfortunately I really wish we could have them though I think I would feel much safer.

You would not only feel safer, you would in fact be safer!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
deebob

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:22:24 PM

I recommend getting a glock.

Baitty

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:31:34 PM

I don't know if I would be safer though. if it is legal to get firearms then surely nearly everyone would have one. means theres more possibility of getting shot.

C10H15N

Activity: 867
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:15:56 PM

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the poll numbers and the number of people who would own a firearm were they legal in their country.  Then again, bitcointalk.org is not a representative sample.  That, too, says something.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Baitty

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:21:48 PM

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the poll numbers and the number of people who would own a firearm were they legal in their country.  Then again, bitcointalk.org is not a representative sample.  That, too, says something.

I still thought the majority would of owned a gun as most of the forum users are from countries which it is legal to own a firearm.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:00:57 PM

No firearms here.

Unless you consider match + gasoline/alcohol as some kind of firearm .

Gasoline, matches and an arm often actually end in an arm on fire, so...  Grin
I actually came here to find that joke

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:02:59 PM

no I might shoot you

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:40:22 PM

No, but I've gone shooting at the rang and I have since come down with the "firearm bug".  I'd like my gun to be very nice but that being said, anything that over 40 calibur I think I would generally like.  I think my wallet is still trying to catch up my taste in guns.   Grin

That's how it started for me.  Buddy asked me if I wanted to go to the range, I've been hooked ever since.  It's definitely an expensive hobby. 1000 rounds of 9mm here, runs about $275 Canadian.  Then there is the cost of the firearms 9mm range kit, you're looking at $600 or so for a S&W MP

I'm looking into getting a reloader with my buddies, cuts the cost almost in half.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:59:37 PM

I don't know if I would be safer though. if it is legal to get firearms then surely nearly everyone would have one. means theres more possibility of getting shot.
Everyone has a knife at home, are the chances of getting stabbed really that high?

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████