Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you own a firearm?
yes - 20 (37%)
no - 34 (63%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you own a firearm?  (Read 4431 times)
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:50:43 PM

I'll give up my guns when the government and bad guys give up theirs.

I've got a .22, .40, 7.62x39, 7.62x54r, and a 12 gauge.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:58:29 PM

I'll give up my guns when the government and bad guys give up theirs.

I've got a .22, .40, 7.62x39, 7.62x54r, and a 12 gauge.
lol ,never

umair127

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:59:05 PM

Yes, sana, I am amongst the center. I lean left, but I am, overall, a moderate. In fact, Alaska, this issue is one of those that PROVES I'm part of the middle. I don't support bans on civilian ownership of guns. I DO support gun ownership, and even concealed carry. I just support reasonable regulation on both. What regulation of guns do YOU support?
I suggest that maybe you've isolated yourself among like minded people for so long that you may have lost track of what 'normal' is. See, that's where the problem begins because in my experience, people who have to say they support 'reasonable' regulation generally support nothing of the kind.  "Reasonable" becomes indicative of anything but reasonable. Oh, well that's easy.  Have you been convicted of a violent crime of any sort?  No gun for you, for 10 years. (back ground check by state governments).  Have you used a gun to commit a crime?  (aggravating factor at sentencing).  Are you under the care of a psychiatrist/psychologist?  A word from them to the local police... no guns for you.
Are you a convicted felon?   No gun for you.   Sorry, zolace.

sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:01:50 PM

Yes, sana, I am amongst the center. I lean left, but I am, overall, a moderate. In fact, Alaska, this issue is one of those that PROVES I'm part of the middle. I don't support bans on civilian ownership of guns. I DO support gun ownership, and even concealed carry. I just support reasonable regulation on both. What regulation of guns do YOU support?
I suggest that maybe you've isolated yourself among like minded people for so long that you may have lost track of what 'normal' is. See, that's where the problem begins because in my experience, people who have to say they support 'reasonable' regulation generally support nothing of the kind.  "Reasonable" becomes indicative of anything but reasonable. Oh, well that's easy.  Have you been convicted of a violent crime of any sort?  No gun for you, for 10 years. (back ground check by state governments).  Have you used a gun to commit a crime?  (aggravating factor at sentencing).  Are you under the care of a psychiatrist/psychologist?  A word from them to the local police... no guns for you.
A felony isn't necessarily a 'violent crime'.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:05:02 PM

It still precludes you getting a permit to carry a gun in MOST cases, 'violent' crime or not.

http://www.gunlawsbystate.com/felons-and-firearms/

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:07:41 PM

It still precludes you getting a permit to carry a gun in MOST cases, 'violent' crime or not.

Which is a good example of why folks like me think of governments as ham fisted and distrust them.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:14:13 PM

Which is a good example of why folks like me think of governments as ham fisted and distrust them.
And yet you're a government worker, an enforcer.   This is a problem, sana.  Cognitive disconnect.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:18:12 PM

LOL - Abraham Lincoln was ultimately responsible for the deaths of more American citizens than than anyone in history, until FDR.  

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:22:29 PM

And yet you're a government worker, an enforcer.   This is a problem, sana.  Cognitive disconnect.
Not at all.

I was born into this country, a nation that whose national government has lost its mind and is self destructing.  Pragmatically speaking, there isn't a damn thing I can do about that so... I look out for myself and my own.

While doing that, I try to sound the alarm.  Perhaps its useless but... there it is.

The federal government is going to collapse.  How violent it becomes as it dies, remains to be seen.  The soviet union died without bloodshed.  One hopes unka sam is at least as good as the soviet union in that respect.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.  The state governments will be the only entities capable of resisting the might of the feds if the feds decide to start killing people.

"We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!" J. Picard speaking of the Borg.

The US federal government has become very much like the Borg.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:31:49 PM

Not at all.

I was born into this country, a nation that whose national government has lost its mind and is self destructing.  Pragmatically speaking, there isn't a damn thing I can do about that so... I look out for myself and my own.

While doing that, I try to sound the alarm.  Perhaps its useless but... there it is.

The federal government is going to collapse.  How violent it becomes as it dies, remains to be seen.  The soviet union died without bloodshed.  One hopes unka sam is at least as good as the soviet union in that respect.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.  The state governments will be the only entities capable of resisting the might of the feds if the feds decide to start killing people.

"We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!" J. Picard speaking of the Borg.

The US federal government has become very much like the Borg.

The federal government is going to collapse.  How violent it becomes as it dies, remains to be seen.  The soviet union died without bloodshed.  One hopes unka sam is at least as good as the soviet union in that respect.
Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Many millions believe this and have planned for it. Peaceful or violent many will die either from the violence or just starve to death. We are never farther in time from total anarchy than the next meal once all systems fail.

Similar to "Lucifer's Hammer"...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: