Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:48:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does it take to reach 1 BTC in 2014?  (Read 3226 times)
boymilk (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:23:04 PM

For example, I've been buying $20 to $50 worth of BTC every couple of weeks since early this year, and I'm still at 0.3 BTC (or about 0.25 BTC excluding altcoins). I also got about 0.02 BTC from the PD faucet, and a tiny percentage from other faucets like Freebitco.in.

In 2009, it would have taken seconds to minutes to reach 1 BTC. In 2010, maybe a couple of hours. And in 2011, perhaps a day to a week depending on the month. Generally, how long do you think it would take for a person living today to reach 1 BTC? 10 BTC? 100 BTC? (heck, is that even possible now?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Armed

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:01:30 PM

For example, I've been buying $20 to $50 worth of BTC every couple of weeks since early this year, and I'm still at 0.3 BTC (or about 0.25 BTC excluding altcoins). I also got about 0.02 BTC from the PD faucet, and a tiny percentage from other faucets like Freebitco.in.

In 2009, it would have taken seconds to minutes to reach 1 BTC. In 2010, maybe a couple of hours. And in 2011, perhaps a day to a week depending on the month. Generally, how long do you think it would take for a person living today to reach 1 BTC? 10 BTC? 100 BTC? (heck, is that even possible now?)
Your question is really hard to answer and the rest of your post confuses me even more.

If you have 620~ USD, it takes a second to obtain a btc. You simply buy it.

If you're going to rely solely on faucets - you're looking at years of work.

If you're mixing faucets, buying, earn sites, signature programs, gambling, freelancing - it's impossible to say how long it's gonna take -you- to earn a bitcoin.

You can always try cloud mining, it's an investment so don't do it if you can't afford to invest, but after you break even it's a passive income.

DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

If you are buying bitcoin at a rate of $50 per two weeks then it would take 28 weeks to buy one btc assuming that your average price is $700 per btc (it is at $636 now).

I am curious to know how you got .02 from the PD faucet.

If you were to use "regular" faucets then it would take at least hundreds of thousands of hours of work to earn one bitcoin (hint: do not try this)

This spot for rent.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:33:25 PM

Dollar cost averaging, based on bitcoin's price history, will usually work in your favor. But not always. So it really depends when you have been buying exactly. Personally, I see a rally brewing, so they might just get more expensive. Cheesy

PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:35:17 PM

I understand what OP is implying. Yeah, it is so much harder to own 1 btc compared to just a year ago.

Let me give OP's scenario a little twist. If someone do not have too much spare cash, and could only afford to buy $20 worth of bitcoin every week. If bitcoin price is rising at an average rate of $10 every week. Could he actually own 1 btc by the end of 2014?  Cheesy
Kiloday

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:36:47 PM

I am curious to know how you got .02 from the PD faucet.

Assuming PD is PrimeDice, he probably got .02 from the happy hour faucet.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:21:14 AM

About 1-2 years at your current rate.
Pkofet

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:22:58 AM

It depends on what you are trying to do to get the bitcoin.
If you have the money and are buying them, you can get 1 btc within a day.
If you are working for bitcoin, you may need a few weeks (depending on your job) to earn ~$600.
If you are playing with faucets, you will never get 1 btc now. Smiley

skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 06:44:21 AM

It's almost insulting that it's impossible to break even on bitcoin now actually, if we want world wide adoption to bitcoin why make it so impossible to obtain one? Why doesn't somebody start something that gives little bits (faucets immediate answer I know) of bitcoin but just enough to get people interested enough they don't lose sight of it?

I'm just relaying my own story but when I thought mining was actually profitable in 2011 and bitcoin was $14 a pop and I really didn't have the money to just go buy one, I could have used a faucet or something would have helped me out with that, I would have gone out and told all of my friends about bitcoin, maybe sound like a stark raving lunatic but still, I would have gone out of my way to show people this currency and the many others out there.

Now I'm even skeptical to mention it to anyone, even my ex thinks I'm crazy for wanting to invest in it.

What else could I say?
Zawamiya

Activity: 526

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:50:55 AM

You only need 3 months if you are "hardworking". Fauceting everyday and selling your signature..
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:54:57 AM

It's almost insulting that it's impossible to break even on bitcoin now actually, if we want world wide adoption to bitcoin why make it so impossible to obtain one? Why doesn't somebody start something that gives little bits (faucets immediate answer I know) of bitcoin but just enough to get people interested enough they don't lose sight of it?

I'm just relaying my own story but when I thought mining was actually profitable in 2011 and bitcoin was $14 a pop and I really didn't have the money to just go buy one, I could have used a faucet or something would have helped me out with that, I would have gone out and told all of my friends about bitcoin, maybe sound like a stark raving lunatic but still, I would have gone out of my way to show people this currency and the many others out there.

Now I'm even skeptical to mention it to anyone, even my ex thinks I'm crazy for wanting to invest in it.

If these little bit's (faucets) payed 1 BTC there would be huge inflation.... bitcoin is being adopted by more and more sites.  Future looks good.  But buying and mining are ways to get it.  Don't expect a faucet to make you rich, or for there to be a get rich quick scheme.
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 06:58:01 AM

If these little bit's (faucets) payed 1 BTC there would be huge inflation.... bitcoin is being adopted by more and more sites.  Future looks good.  But buying and mining are ways to get it.  Don't expect a faucet to make you rich, or for there to be a get rich quick scheme.

It's not so much a get rich scheme for me, it's more so securing a future. For all I know the price of bitcoin could drop significantly tomorrow or the next day or a month from now and I would have nothing to show for it, or it could bounce back up and I'd have some security.

That's what it's all about for me, I know that sounds ridiculous but with my current financial situation I would like to have some kind of back up and security since it's really the only income I have coming to me.

What else could I say?
yrask

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:20:43 AM

Depend on the amount of effort and time you are ready to spend, wallet like microwallet "mini-transaction service" that receives in-site transactions from the wallets instantly (can get a tiny amount every day according to time to be spent).

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 09:58:51 AM

maybe in 2016 you need 1000 years to reach 1 BTC  Tongue

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:26:46 AM

maybe in 2016 you need 1000 years to reach 1 BTC  Tongue

could be. Smiley

i'm trying to keep an open mind though. the current trend that bitcoin is on may not be sustainable. it may be a rockier road than some of us think. still a long term bull here, though.
KloseT

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:06:25 PM

you need to start doing something else other then faucets Cheesy

faucets are simply not worth it..
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:21:08 PM

The PD faucet is great during happy hours.
But you should stop using other faucets which just give you hundreds of satoshi each time. They don't really deserve your time IMO. Smiley

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:48:59 AM

It's not so much a get rich scheme for me, it's more so securing a future. For all I know the price of bitcoin could drop significantly tomorrow or the next day or a month from now and I would have nothing to show for it, or it could bounce back up and I'd have some security.

That's what it's all about for me, I know that sounds ridiculous but with my current financial situation I would like to have some kind of back up and security since it's really the only income I have coming to me.

Never risk more then you are willing to lose on any investment.  For all we know on stocks, most investments they all can have dramatic effects.   

If you want security get a savings account, but you will see with no up or down the little amount of interest you get. 

If you hold bitcoins I think most on this forum see a bright future, more websites accepting them every day.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:41:03 AM

your $20 will value more month after month, at least until the next bitcoin halving.
you can make more to multiply bitcoins, like trading
you can join bitcoin economy and work or open services for bitcoins

So there are many things to do to reach 1btc

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:06:09 PM

Your question is really confusing Smiley
You can make BTC in a matter of seconds if you have the cash to buy it. Do not spend any timeo n faucets, because they are just losing your time for just a couple of cents. Try to earn some coin working for it. Review the marketplace->service section where you can find an actual job to do. You can say what skills you have and may be someone will hire you and pay you in BTC. This is some of the ways you can earn btc Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: