Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CryptoCurrency utterly Marginal?  (Read 2452 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:08:03 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 11:35:32 PM by Come-from-Above

seriously if u think about it . . . cryptocoins play such a marginal role anyway Grin

in the grand scheme of things in the world they r pretty much nothing...a tiny piece of dust.

~CfA~

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:11:59 PM

That's a pretty expensive joke if so!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
From Above (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:12:28 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 11:35:40 PM by Come-from-Above

$10B market cap of all cryptocoins is not really much... actually its almost nothing.

again: in the grand scheme of things

~CfA~

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:15:50 PM

True, but its very young yet. The same could have been said about Apple years ago and look at them today.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:16:45 PM

$10B market cap of all cryptocoins is not really much... actually its almost nothing.

~CfA~

But it's what they intend to replace that is not a joke. I would have laughed at people if they told me I'd be getting all of my information about most anything I wanted to and performing many daily tasks on my ipod just a decade ago.

Thanks Smiley
From Above (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:36:29 PM

~CfA~

But it's what they intend to replace that is not a joke. I would have laughed at people if they told me I'd be getting all of my information about most anything I wanted to and performing many daily tasks on my ipod just a decade ago.

it will never replace fiat currency,we all know it.

it brings nothing new to the table and plz dont say 'fairness' cuz it absolutely does not at all. . .

~CfA~

rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:09:17 AM

The OP is correct. Crypto is a grain of sand in the Sahara. What is more, crypto has gone beyond anarchism and peer-to-peer, to Thomas Hobbes' "war of all against all". There is a future, but it is surely about niche markets for the honest currencies and selling out for the likes of Bitcoin (which the BTC Foundation is currently seeking to do .... just watch it over the next 12 months, which I guess will involve it making a claim of having intellectual or property rights in one way or another)

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 01:39:32 AM

True, but its very young yet. The same could have been said about Apple years ago and look at them today.

There's a lot of covert development occurring behind-the-scenes at the moment in Canada.

I think the Apples and Googles will be emerging soon. ( Wink )
kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:00:52 AM

rings nothing new to the table and plz dont say 'fairness' cuz it absolutely does not at all. . .

Not sure where fairness even needs to come into the equation .. ?

Anyways, the realization of instantaneous and cheap money transfer would be something many people are interested in. Have you seen the wire transfer fees that are charged to purchase and import goods into the USA for entrepreneur shops?

Specific example for you here, bringing a $4000 shipment of electronic cigarette related goods can be done with ease if parties involved were to transact using a cryptocurrency. Less work is needed to be done to perform the transaction. This is an example outside of fairness.

That $4000 purchase usually has ~$100 in fees just for processing the tx, with a CC it's pennies (excluding bank fees ofc, but the necessity to change back into fiat is outside the scope of this point). The reason for the difference is because less of an infrastructure is required to process the transaction, not because it's 'more fair' to pay less or whatever tangent that comes from. Where's the flaw here?

Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: