Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please delete this thread  (Read 3879 times)
MrGreenHat (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:38:11 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 05:08:42 PM by MrGreenHat

Nevermind. Let the thread die please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 02:06:46 AM

My experience has been the opposite. Banks are becoming more and more stringent.

What bank does your father work at? Also, I'd like to point out that he does not represent all banks. He is merely one person, from one department, from one bank.

bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:14:58 AM

What bank does your father work at?

C'mon... no need to give details.

I think there are mixed feelings in the banking industry. Some banks are ready to embrace bitcoin, and others are reluctant. Thing is the banks were waiting for some regulations to be in place, and this has recently started, so we are going to see the first BIG moves during late 2014 and 2015...

2013 was the "technologists" boom
2014 is being the "merchants" boom
2015 could be the banking boom

Mass adoption will follow...  Grin
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 02:26:48 AM

Of course it matters. It's useful info, but gives nothing away about his identity or his father's identity.

Based on what I know, there's almost no chance this will be from a bank like Chase. So if he comes out to say that his father is a Chase executive, this will surprise the hell out of me. I would expect that the father works for a credit union, who are generally known be much more tolerant to bitcoin. If we know which bank it is, at least we know that bank is one step towards the right direction, and to possibly deal with that bank for future bitcoin business.

MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:28:45 AM

My experience has been the opposite. Banks are becoming more and more stringent.

What bank does your father work at? Also, I'd like to point out that he does not represent all banks. He is merely one person, from one department, from one bank.

Are you kidding? NO. I am not going to tell you what bank he is the CEO and PRESIDENT of (he doesn't work in a fucking department). And he is not just merely ONE person, his partners of over 35+ years were also a part of the email discussion in reference to "picking the brains" of people like Tony. I would almost guarantee he is one of the most successful community bankers in the state, if not the most). His success record is insane. Over the past decade or so, he has acquired and flipped about a half dozen banks. He specializes in buying shitty community banks that are sinking ships and he comes in as the CEO and does his thing and sells the bank to the big guys (Wells Fargo, BofA, etc.)
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:35:58 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 02:57:48 AM by MrGreenHat

I think there are mixed feelings in the banking industry. Some banks are ready to embrace bitcoin, and others are reluctant. Thing is the banks were waiting for some regulations to be in place, and this has recently started, so we are going to see the first BIG moves during late 2014 and 2015...

Tony probably knows which bank I am referring to as I imagine they have already contacted him to set up a meeting. That's a HUGE hint right there in terms of what region of the country the bank is. If you really care that much, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I have given you plenty of context clues at this point.

PS: MY FATHER LOATHES CREDIT UNIONS, they are a much larger threat to big community banks like the one he is currently the CEO of, certainly moreso than bitcoin (at this point in the game).
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:38:57 AM

My father is the CEO of the biggest Internet services company and i approve this thread 100% .

MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:42:09 AM

My father is the CEO of the biggest Internet services company and i approve this thread 100% .

I'm guessing that's a joke? I'm not trying to come off as a show-off, but I realize the way I worded my posts it may seem that way. I just can't believe someone asked for the name of the bank, considering it would mean the end of my father's career for sharing the email which he shared with me.
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:43:26 AM

Mass adoption will follow...  Grin
Tony probably knows which bank I am referring to as I imagine they have already contacted him to set up a meeting. That's a HUGE hint right there in terms of what region of the country the bank is. If you really care that much, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

PS: MY FATHER LOATHES CREDIT UNIONS, they are a much larger threat to big community banks like the one he is currently the CEO of, certainly moreso than bitcoin (at this point in the game).

What's the problem with credit unions?  As far as I can tell heck they give good rates and seem more lenient than big banks where everything has to be by the book. It's a little like the old days like when you knew your banker, like in Its a Wonderful Life.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:48:30 AM

The problem with credit unions is that they have unfair advantages compared to a traditional bank, which obviously is not good for the banking industry.

Tony probably knows which bank I am referring to as I imagine they have already contacted him to set up a meeting. That's a HUGE hint right there in terms of what region of the country the bank is. If you really care that much, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

What's the problem with credit unions?  As far as I can tell heck they give good rates and seem more lenient than big banks where everything has to be by the book. It's a little like the old days like when you knew your banker, like in Its a Wonderful Life.
The problem with credit unions is that they have unfair advantages compared to a traditional bank, which obviously is not good for the banking industry. For instance, they don't have to pay income taxes and all sorts of other insane crazy perks that they should not be allowed to have.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:54:54 AM

For those who are questioning whether or not I'm full of shit. I ask you: Why on earth would I post this information unless it were true? It's not like this post is going to convince everyone and their brother to buy BTC, which I guess is the assumption you are making for why I would make something like this up? I really doubt this post will have any effect in terms of driving up the price of bitcoin... Just because I don't want to fuck over my father by not revealing his bank doesn't mean I'm full of shit
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:59:54 AM

I believe it. My dad is one of the richest 100 people in the world, and he told me all his rich cronies are loading up on bitcoin as we speak. You heard it here, gentlemen. Buy buy buy. Wink

MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:02:06 AM

OK, whatever. Don't believe it. I really don't give a shit. You will see. In fact, DONT BUY, I havent gotten my paycheck yet and I would hate for the price to go up right now, especially since it seems to be sliding down. I don't know what I thought posting this information would accomplish, but clearly no one thinks I am telling the truth, so please let this die.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:11:33 AM

I'm not going to be pressured into revealing the identity of my father's bank by a bunch of internet tools just because they are too cynical to believe anything that appears on this forum.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:12:14 AM

Credit Unions usually pay higher interest rates for deposits and charge less for loans. This looks great on paper, but in reality it means that they are probably under pricing (not charging enough for) loans and over pricing (paying too much for) deposits. This essentially means that their margin for error is too small. I would say that this is partly caused by the fact that Credit Unions are non-profit enterprises so they are not as concerned about profits as banks are.

In reference to the OP, I would not be entirely surprised if the OPs father worked for Chase, or another Bitcoin "hostile" bank as even banks that are not friendly to bitcoin have a legit need to understand bitcoin and the bitcoin economy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:18:05 AM

What's the problem with credit unions?  As far as I can tell heck they give good rates and seem more lenient than big banks where everything has to be by the book. It's a little like the old days like when you knew your banker, like in Its a Wonderful Life.
Credit Unions usually pay higher interest rates for deposits and charge less for loans. This looks great on paper, but in reality it means that they are probably under pricing (not charging enough for) loans and over pricing (paying too much for) deposits. This essentially means that their margin for error is too small. I would say that this is partly caused by the fact that Credit Unions are non-profit enterprises so they are not as concerned about profits as banks are.

In reference to the OP, I would not be entirely surprised if the OPs father worked for Chase, or another Bitcoin "hostile" bank as even banks that are not friendly to bitcoin have a legit need to understand bitcoin and the bitcoin economy.
Thank God there is one person on this forum with half a brain. You are exactly right, except my father's bank isn't as big as Chase, so they haven't received as much attention by bitcoiners for being bitcoin "hostile", which I'm not sure they ever were. I was very surprised that these guys who my Dad works with, who make millions every year, were unfamiliar with Bitcoin as recently as 6 months ago. But you have to remember that these guys are old school, they are probably the last people who would ever come across Bitcoin.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:22:14 AM

I believe it. People are perking up and realizing this shit ain't dying like they thought it would. They realize that there's something revolutionary going on here and it took them this long to figure it out, so better late than never. It's so hot that industry leaders are trying to get the scoop on it ASAP. Can't say whether Chase wants in but it makes sense that now is the time for those that don't want to go down w/ the ship to get with the program.
zhinkk

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:31:23 AM

For those who are questioning whether or not I'm full of shit. I ask you: Why on earth would I post this information unless it were true? It's not like this post is going to convince everyone and their brother to buy BTC, which I guess is the assumption you are making for why I would make something like this up? I really doubt this post will have any effect in terms of driving up the price of bitcoin... Just because I don't want to fuck over my father by not revealing his bank doesn't mean I'm full of shit

I'm not doubting you personally. I just don't think you can generalize all banks by just your father's.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:33:01 AM

I'm not doubting you personally. I just don't think you can generalize all banks by just your father's.
That is fair
Harley997

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:19:39 AM

What's the problem with credit unions?  As far as I can tell heck they give good rates and seem more lenient than big banks where everything has to be by the book. It's a little like the old days like when you knew your banker, like in Its a Wonderful Life.

Thank God there is one person on this forum with half a brain. You are exactly right, except my father's bank isn't as big as Chase, so they haven't received as much attention by bitcoiners for being bitcoin "hostile", which I'm not sure they ever were. I was very surprised that these guys who my Dad works with, who make millions every year, were unfamiliar with Bitcoin as recently as 6 months ago. But you have to remember that these guys are old school, they are probably the last people who would ever come across Bitcoin.
I would argue that most large banks are watching bitcoin at least semi-closely and will become more friendly towards bitcoin over time as they see the success of merchants accepting bitcoin and the potential uses of bitcoin. I would not be entirely surprised to see a major bank offering payment processing via bitcoin sometime in the future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: