Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:03:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin core did a transaction that i did not do!  (Read 931 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:48:38 AM

Yesterday as usual i checked my address balance with blockchain and found out half of it had gone to an address i haven't seen or know..but i restarted my core client and the balance was fully there..

then i sent all my coins to a new address and then transferred them back finally blockchain shows correct balance..

Can someone please tell me why blockchain.info showed a balance and a transaction which was not and did not happen?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:01:35 AM

Yesterday as usual i checked my address balance with blockchain and found out half of it had gone to an address i haven't seen or know..but i restarted my core client and the balance was fully there..

then i sent all my coins to a new address and then transferred them back finally blockchain shows correct balance..

Can someone please tell me why blockchain.info showed a balance and a transaction which was not and did not happen?

They had problems with their database in the past. I dont know what happened, but I suspect they have problems again. Blockchain.info is just one blockchain browser, its not the blockchain. You can also try e.g.
http://blockr.io/ or
http://blockexplorer.com/

If you suspect that your data might be compromised it would be wise to make a new wallet with a clean machine and transfer the coins there. Just to be safe. Or use a properly generated paper wallet.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:06:41 AM

The whole incident sounds like a confusion on the use of "change address".

Bitcoin Core uses a new change address to handle "change" every time, and the change addresses were hidden from your list of receiving addresses.

burekzastonj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:28:13 PM

can you provide more data, like tx id or addy or whatever relevant ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: