Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:15:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: klee's hacked 1170 btc, Part II  (Read 10821 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:45:53 PM

Oops hand shown too early, bye bye to those nxt.
Which NXT? I got the 3M frozen nxt back

What if the credit card info isn't tracked back to the stealer, but a collaborator?
You showed your hand before the funds are secured.
Collaborator will take us to him

Hmm, maybe I have missed something here ,but how concrete is the trace between the funds and this godaddy account?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:47:27 PM

I suggest to anyone being hacked from 2010 onwards and lost coins to help me...
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:53:31 PM

He also sent 217.5096BTC  Shocked

coward hacker + community pressure on coward hacker + not willing to drop it until result = one fucked hacker

Sad the hacker will only see his new child again when he ends up in the cell next to him  Angry Cheesy

Yeah, no sympathy from me. Not that I actually believe the newborn story. It's just a pathetic coward begging not to be hurt, once he realised he wouldn't get away with it and what he did wouldn't go away.

Please nail this a-hole to the cross klee and make this a good news story for the bitcoin community, in the end. We're all here in support.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:57:35 PM

coward hacker + community pressure on coward hacker + not willing to drop it until result = one fucked hacker

Sad the hacker will only see his new child again when he ends up in the cell next to him  Angry Cheesy

Yeah, no sympathy from me. Not that I actually believe the newborn story. It's just a pathetic coward begging not to be hurt, once he realised he wouldn't get away with it and it woudln't go away.

Please nail this a-hole to the cross klee and make this a good news story for the bitcoin community, in the end. We're all here in support.
i wont forget you for the reward...
komakino

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:06:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpdb-d02mss
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:08:23 PM

Yeah, no sympathy from me. Not that I actually believe the newborn story. It's just a pathetic coward begging not to be hurt, once he realised he wouldn't get away with it and it woudln't go away.

I have hoped something good will come out of this event, which yesterday seemed like an idea to have a genuine mixing service for privacy, where the owners identify themself and sits on the funds for a week or something, in case of claims of theft. You know, a service which is acting legitmately. I was kinda surprised by the amount of support for those that don't  Shocked We need more good players in bitcoin.

That you got back more BTC, the NXT and are closer to nailing this guy is a very happy chance in circumstances Smiley

Hopefully you'll have the cowardly hacker in your grasp soon. If he doesn't want his life trashed completely, he should think about returning every stolen coins immediately and perhaps with interest for the inconvenience  Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
tmobileguy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:31:37 PM

I have hoped something good will come out of this event, which yesterday seemed like an idea to have a genuine mixing service for privacy, where the owners identify themself and sits on the funds for a week or something, in case of claims of theft. You know, a service which is acting legitmately. I was kinda surprised by the amount of support for those that don't  Shocked We need more good players in bitcoin.

That you got back more BTC, the NXT and are closer to nailing this guy is a very happy chance in circumstances Smiley

Hopefully you'll have the cowardly hacker in your grasp soon. If he doesn't want his life trashed completely, he should think about returning every stolen coins immediately and perhaps with interest for the inconvenience  Cheesy

Hackers only move at this point is to give back virtually everything and hope that Klee is the type of person that is too busy to bother with the legalities and time it will take to pursue the hacker through the criminal justice system...If Klee wants the hacker nailed to a wall, then the hacker is screwed no matter what...

If I were the hacker, I would give the BTC back asap to try and thwart the move to have my identity exposed...once his identity is exposed, then it would be easy to move on the hacker in the justice system...

Of course, if it were my coins, I wouldn't stop on the hacker no matter what...and he would be lucky if he just got to spend 30 years in prison...
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:23:39 AM

What if it was a stolen credit card that was used to pay for the domain?

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
Seanzqt

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:47:09 AM

I lost $1k in BTC because the .dat did not save to my drive properly Sad Yes, that is sad I know I could not retrieve them because I had no way of doing it, I tried everything to get it back but nothing worked... Lost cause now.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:09:35 AM

That could be a plus for me legally
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:18:43 AM

That would mean even more evidence against the thief that he is just a fucking thief and nothing more...he will probably get his ass raped in prison, and in US prison i belive there will be alot of horny black criminals (not meaning to be racist by this sentence).
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:20:21 AM

I emailed Jon Matonis to help me move legally in the US.

I am prepared to facilitate legal proceedings as well if the money is not returned promptly.
The community stands with you.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:31:55 AM

Interesting story here. How much BTC have you recovered total?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:51:21 PM

This is kinda scary. You seem like a knowledgeable person and not a computer illiterate. I fail to understand how did he did this, if running a Linux machine or if running a Win machine with MBAM, a firewall and common sense. Did you remember doing anything out of the ordinary? I would like to know if you've managed to isolate the mistake you may have done.

indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:56:43 PM

yeah like running a script, installing something an apps probably a week before the hacker stole your coins?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:58:00 PM

This is kinda scary. You seem like a knowledgeable person and not a computer illiterate. I fail to understand how did he did this, if running a Linux machine or if running a Win machine with MBAM, a firewall and common sense. Did you remember doing anything out of the ordinary? I would like to know if you've managed to isolate the mistake you may have done.

It was just plain foolishness.  The wallet was in dropbox with password in the same folder in a plain text file.  Go read the original thread if you want more info.

klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:06:16 PM

How can we merge the two threads?
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:27:43 PM

maybe lock one of them with a link post to the active thread in the locked one?
Im not sure that is what you want...

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 01:29:34 PM

Just read the updates,  did the hacker actually send the 462 back, also kudos to RocketSingh for locating the guy.

Just a suggestion once you do find out the actual hacker get Roger Ver to tweet about it again, just like the first time.  

Get some more media coverage on this, it may very well be the first time a hacker has been caught with a theft of this magnitude in Bitcoin

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

In another thread kee said that GoDaddy domain is irellevant Sad
I agree with full forensic inspection and to find an attack vector hacker used.
I guess that plaintex file on db had other passwords too among the wallet pass.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: